Ravens too Versatile?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Kunavi

If SOE would just fix the rendering issues(MANA turret, MAX non render denial zone for vehicles) and the Ravens in the coming merged 2 updates... That'd be beyond awesome.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kunavi

If you can't use NC past 10M you need to practice more. Yes, including the MAX.
    • Up x 4
  3. Hatesphere

you do realize they have weapon other then shot guns right?
    • Up x 3
  4. NLLN

I meant the NC max of course. It's terrible for dealing with multiple enemies past 10m. And before you mention slugs, you should unlock them yourself and show us playing with them outside VR.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kunavi

Ravens ruling past render range is absurd, this needs to go first and then we can tune them step by step if need be. AV MANA just needs render range treatment(Again- Please do it right this time SOE). For Pounders I'd sacrifice AI killing potential for more AV. As far as Fractures go, well they can't go too far can they? Same level of pointlessness as current Striker. Many changes have been suggested while non was taken seriously and what do you know! The Striker still doesn't work for AV, only has pretend AA capabilities despite so many conversations, evidence and proof of it being junk. So GL getting the Fracs fixed. I'll honestly be amazed if the Vulcan changes make it to the live Servers at all at this point, with how things are between SOE and the QQmunity of the Forums... Even if the Banshee did get Strikered, TR is still OP and apparently will be even when we are reduced to blow pipes and throwing rocks... WITH RECOIL.
  6. GoyoElGringo

How many nerf threads do you have now?
    • Up x 1
  7. Hatesphere

the slugs arent as bad as you think, not saying they are "good" but they can do better then 10m.
  8. Copasetic

I know there's plenty of NC on this board who could teach you how to use them effectively outside of VR.
  9. NLLN

I'd prefer it if you showed me.

Show me slugs being anywhere near as effective the VS & TR max in an actual battle, both in getting kills and fire suppression. I'll be waiting here a long, long time.
    • Up x 1
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

i thought it was about Prowler:eek:
    Ravens > Vanguard for defending base against TR.. you cant even get into shooting position, because anchored Prowler will destroy your tank in half second. How to deal - use Ravens, its cheaper and better mobility :D
  11. Titan6

1) Lower their infantry damage
    2) Keep the armor damage
    3) Lower ROF
  12. Gemenai

Show me how TR & VS MAX are near as effective as NC in an actual cqc battle.
    It´s easy to see only the negatives and no positives. Mattocks with extended magazines would be my "to-go" weapons.

As i stated before i would rather like to see an automated gun for NC and a shotgun for TR and VS MAX

BTT: my vision of ravens would be zero splash damage and only direct hit damage, to strengthen their role as anti vehicle weapon
    • Up x 1
  13. Alarox

Can we please fix the Vortex while we're at it?
    • Up x 2
  14. Doc Jim

While I do find Ravens annoying when I'm driving any kind of vehicle, the Banshee is definitely the more important issue. Not because of what it does to normal infantry, but rather because of its insane TTK on MAX units - even at range. So no, nerfing the Ravens shouldn't really take priority over adjusting the Banshee.
  15. Auzor

"Nonsensically overpowered as AV":
    Raven: 335 dmg, 48 rpm. -> 268 dps. (/arm)
    Fracture: 210, 80 rpm. ->280 dps. ( /gasp)

damage per mag:
    5*335= 1675 Raven.
    10*210= 2100 Fracture.

->there is no problem with dps, or with damage per mag.

Yes, they are more accurate at range whilst correctly guided. This also means the NC max needs to keep looking at the target whilst the rockets slowly fly towards the enemy tank.
    However, nerfing the 'ranged performance' simply leaves only the Vanu with long range capability. Maybe that sounds enjoyable to you if you're an anchored prowler fan, but it doesn't particularly seems enjoyable to NC.

nonsensical stuff however: the 115 indirect splash damage.
    prime nerf candidate right here.
    Nerf vs infantry, but also a nerf vs maxes.

1.5s reload.
    -> another nerf possibility IMO.
    Take a look at the reload speed of the NC max shotguns; 3-4 seconds. Grinder long reload is 4.3 seconds. Vanu AI longest reload is 3.1 sec, the blueshifts are 2.8.
    IMO:
    slightly increase accuracy (and maybe improve pellet spread..debatable) of all NC max shotguns, and reduce reload time (2-3 seconds).
    You can argue that this would make "slug" NC Max more accurate than TR/VS, but: far lower rate of fire, far lower mag size, and lower projectile velocity. NC keep "shotguns"
    Increase Raven reload time to.. 2s?

Finally: yes, beyond-render-range firepower is annoying. But, then it shouldn't be just ravens that get looked at in that department.
    New AV turrets: gets a "zoom" mode like the AI turret, but missile behaves like Phoenix missile: drop down at 295m.
    Vanu: well, both Lancer & Vortex are used in game for their long range-y ness..

Fractures can still require a balancing; to make them capable at longer ranges.
    • Up x 1
  16. BarxBaron

TBH both NC and VS long range av needs nerfage.

Ravens, Lancers and Vortexs hitting outside of render is ********.

Fractures are weak and the stats show it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Birdologist

title

We all know they are broken as hell.
  18. BlueSkies

Given that we also know that they are next on the nerfwagon perhaps you have some new or interesting data that indicates a previously unknown aspect of the Raven that must be addressed?
  19. SerasVic

No just another "idc nerf naow" thread.

getting locked soon.
  20. Villanuk

They are being nerfed, so whats the problem.

I just hope they dont nerf hammer ravens, they are great fun to use and not op in any way apart from the distance and even then it only needs a minor adjustment.