Ravens too Versatile?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Villanuk

The only thing i would change on the raven is its distance, but not by much at all. While Ravens are excellent i would not consider them a huge OP item,just very good but that comes more from the ability that you can hide while shooting.
  2. Copasetic

They won't be as effective, that's the tradeoff for being more effective in CQC. Or do you want to show me TR and VS MAXs instagibbing in CQC? Really one volley, TTK of 0.0s, lets see it.
  3. Grumblefern

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  4. Devrailis

#SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

5. FateJH

I don't often get to pull TR MAX AV to fight enemy Vehicles. The best I get to do is try to harass them until actually effective AV shows up or they easily pull out.

This is especially true of Fractures. It can take you all ten shots just to figure out the acceleration drop on a tank and then it moves and you have to figure it out all over again. The only thing you can really do against a distant target - what should be the weapon's forte - is spam rockets in the general direction and hope the driver feels some kind of pressure and isn't a good enough aim to shoot you at the same distance. (Like every Vanguard I've ever tried to engage with these things.)

Every now and then, you get a random final shot against a Vehicle that was already at its wit's end against other AV. Treat it like a fluke and move on.
    • Up x 1
  6. iller

Pretty sure its render range is like 400m, not 300 like actual infantry. It's in a weird place where even with the Railjack, we can headshot the Engie on it who's beyond 300m, and not even 1-hit them.
  7. T0x1s

We can take a look here and see that Ravens heavily outperform the other factions weapons: http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kpu&weapon1=16031&weapon2=16029&weapon3=16033

Then we take a look on vehicle KPU:
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=vKPU&weapon1=16031&weapon2=16029&weapon3=16033

Conclusion:
    Vortex and Ravens are pretty close but Fractures lacks heavily.
    Conclusion: Ravens needs to be toned down against infantry and Fractures needs to be buffed against vehicles.
    People might say that Pounders are OP against infantry and they are very good but then Falcons and Comet are good too. In fact Ravens and Pounder both need 3 direct shots to kill an enemy but Pounder have a better splash. But Ravens have 1 extra shot in each magazine, shorter reload and laser guided.
    Pounders have a very short range compared to Ravens that keeps Pounders from being OP. Much like AH being better against vehicles and aircraft because it lacks range.
  8. taxidriver

When will the yammering be nerfed?
    On topic, against vehicles i am more successful with falcons, but generally they´re both lame. I prefer pulling an AP-lightning/MBT
  9. William Petersen

Wait wait wait. Are you seriously suggesting that a weapon with *at most* 12 shots, and a 3-4 second reload is anywhere near as good at suppressive fire as a MAX with an LMG strapped to each arm? "LOL".
  10. AlCohonez

After seeing the banshee nerf I'm a bit more hopeful over the prospect of SOE not completely destroying the ravens. After all they are NOT op, just annoying to loose against making the rivers of buthurt cries flowing endlessly.
    [IMG]

Maybe tweaks to its effective (guided) distance would do the trick.
  11. \m/SLAYER\m/

you must keep in mind, that you fight against Magriders and Vanguards, one is not easy target, another has shield.
  12. \m/SLAYER\m/

the power or forumside
  13. T0x1s

The target does not matter. Fracture and all the stats shows that its UP atm. But Fracture is pretty easy to fix. If just the drop is removed Fracture will be quite good but its not a too big buff to consider it OP.

Yes NC MAX with or without slugs is worst at ranges but its still the best at close ranges. If NC gonna get a ranged weapon VS and TR should get shotguns? If thats worth you need to decide.
  14. NLLN

With or without slugs, it's worse. And yes, it would be worth it for sure. VS & TR maxes have more playtime than NC maxes for the same reason more people use carbines/lmgs/ar etc over shotguns.
  15. ColonelChingles

If you want to talk about MAX AV that happens to be very strong against infantry...

[IMG]

That would be by far the Pounders, which leave NC and VS AV options in the dust as far as killing infantry goes. The Raven isn't actually much better at killing infantry than the Comet... both do roughly the same (actually according to these stats the Comet is slightly superior to the Raven for killing infantry).

[IMG]

Of course the Pounder gives up its AV capabilities in order to smash infantry to pieces. In that way it's sort of like the Air Hammer... not super great at what it was intended to be used against but it picks up a bit of versatility on the side. Whether you think that the Pounder/Air Hammer trade-off is fair or not is a different story, but as it stands the Pounder is "balanced" because it is poor at AV work.

The Ravens do outperform the Comets at AV work, and they could use an AV nerf. But their AI capabilities are actually quite balanced against the Comet, so those should stay roughly the same.

As for the Pounder... I guess you have two options. The first is that you can keep it as is, and have a "generalist" weapon. The second is that you could nerf its AI capabilities and buff its AV capabilities so it matches the other AV MAX options.
    • Up x 3
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

no its not.
    Fracture is similar to NC Falcons. While Ravens and Vortex unique. You have Pounders its unique MAX weapon, and its great at AI. Vortex works better at AA. And Ravens great at AV.
    so you cant just say that NC MAX outperforms TR MAX and ignore other stats like MBT performance etc.
    because being attacked by TR is not the same as NC or VS.
    and im not saying that Ravens is ok. yes it's kills infantry at ranges - i don't think that its okay.
  17. uhlan

The funny thing is, in a play session recently, after I got through destroying (or at least contributed to the destruction...) about 5 tanks as a Raven-Grinder MAX, I turned around and acted like a TR MAX (Mercy-Pounder) and got a ton of kills as well.

Whoda thunk the Raven would be viable in that way... lol.

I might do this more often.
  18. patrykK1028

Vortex TTK against MBTs is around 30 seconds.
    Get back when you find something better
  19. RolandTEC

Yes, that's all we need. Every max be able to kill your MBT in 6 sec from 300 meters away. Also, harassers already have enough problems with raven maxes on hills, killing in 2-3 volleys. The solution is to nerf 1 thing not buff everything else (a lot more work to buff everything else, I just hope they don't overdo it but they probably will).
  20. Alarox

Vortexes are laser accurate and unavoidable up to 700m.
    Get back when you find something better.
    • Up x 1