[RANT] The number one reason I hate this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR5L4Y3R

there is a difference in giving critique and being a d ick .. shouldn´t be difficult to chose one above the other ..
    if you think you got the right to be a di ck then others think they can be d icks too ... i´m sure you don´t want a di ckfest, do you?
    i sure as hell don´t

correction it´s called warfare in UT 3 and onslaught in UT 2004
  2. BrbImAFK

Well.... I'm not sure I agree. I like to think I'm not a ******, but then there's that whole "defend your right to be a ******" kinda thing. So long as they don't break the acceptable levels of conduct (e.g. TOS on forums, societal norms IRL etc.) people should be allowed to as as much like a ****** as they like. That's not to say that doing so should be free from consequences, but they should have the right to act that way.
  3. TR5L4Y3R

i make it pretty simple for myself if people think it´s not a problem to continue being a di ck .. then i simply block them and stop caring about what they think be it valid or not .. i have better thinks to do than being pis sed off at people who can´t argue or discuss things in a respectfull manner ..

what are we here for? discussing stuff that may help improving the game/gameexpierence for everyone or throwing insults at each other?
  4. BrbImAFK

It's absolutely your right to ignore anybody you like. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be trying to make other people conform to our interpretation of acceptable. Trying to force other people to behave the way you want them to behave is just as obnoxious as people who behave in an unpleasant manner. Live and let live and all that.....
  5. TR5L4Y3R

we are on a forum, a plattform were we can communicate with each other but we don´t own it ... the owner is whoever created the forum and earns the rights to it .. and it has clear rules stated to it
    ... now let me ask you a question: is it alright to ignore the these rules just because the owner is not arround and apearantly doens´t care about people sticking to these ?

it´s not about forcing things on people .. it´s about keeping the communicationplattform we are on welcoming ..
    you want the communication going .. not be killed,no? ..
    what is being a di ck exactly good for in the first place? for me it´s just an incentive to not talk to that person
    there are respectfull ways to disagree or to give critique about anything afterall ..
  6. BrbImAFK

Perhaps I misread the intention behind your original comments, which I read to be an attempt to tell other people how to behave. However, if you refer to mine, you'll see that I explicitly included abiding by the forum TOS.

Like all things human, it's a matter of grey, not black and white, which is why some forum users, no names mentioned No0.... *oops*, seem to get away with insulting people and making obnoxious commentary without ever being censured for it. That's kinda all I've been trying to say - absolutism is never a good thing.
    • Up x 2
  7. Zagareth

All you can do is to mock on everyone elses playstyle and that they do not the things that you expect from them... THIS is only worth a "Blah"
    You only rant about other peoples behavior in the game, w/o knowing why they do things they do or why the dont do things that you want them to do.

Oh, and you dont "hate to be that guy" - you love to be that ignorant f*cking i*iot who even laughs about other peoples stats, w/o knowing anything about that person.

I play this game (PS1 and PS2) for longer than 13 years. I play specific characters for a special reason and I give a damn f*ck if that fits in your view of how the gaming world should revolve around you.

Was that contructive enough for your?
    Howsoever, save the time for an answer, I wont check it anyway.
  8. LaughingDead

While I do hate codside 2 and infantryside 2, I can't blame people for not wanting to medic people, sometimes people don't realize I think there is a threat coming and a half health heavy or etc is worse than a full hp medic with a gun out, on the scaling of best anti infantry classes when it comes to durability, medic obviously comes in second behind the heavy, sometimes I feel like people are also just stupid and don't deserve a revive, that's rare mind you but if I feel like the revive is not worth my time then you're doing something that isn't even being a good meatshield (which is what I use my allies for anyhow)
  9. CrimsonEclipse5

And that's my point. Sometimes medics need reminding, if you don't like that, then perhaps you are the problem.
  10. BrbImAFK

And that's my point made perfectly..... the medic is not your personal servant! You don't get to tell him what to do, he might be doing other, more useful things and, even if he isn't that doesn't mean he's compelled to rez your sorry ****. Yelling for medics in prox-chat is annoying for everybody around, especially medics. If they're even half-way competent, they've already noted that you're down, assigned you a priority (likely low-as-hell given that you're ******** up proxchat) and they'll get to you as and when they feel like it.

That's why I'll pretty much ignore any prox-chat spammer.
    • It's annoying that you think I'm so incompetent I haven't noticed the big death-sign on my map.
    • It's even more annoying that you, some HA ****ter that probably hasn't medic'd or engy'd to help your team in your life, is telling me (an Aurax medic, with Aurax AR, who runs Bando-with-rez-nades even though NWA would give me more survivability, and a FAR LARGER collection of revive ribbons than I'll ever need) how to do my job.
    • By demanding rezzes in prox-chat you're essentially stating that you as a person believe that your fun is more important than some other dudes because he has to drop what he's doing to come help you. Screw that, you selfish, entitled ******.
    • By ******** up prox-chat you screw up the situational awareness of any medic who might be coming to rez you, because he's not going to hear the decloak sound of the infil that killed you and is about to kill him, because you are whining like a stuck pig. Now he's dead too. Well done, moron.
    • And finally, the vast majority of the time, there's not even any useful information in the prox-spam. It's just "medic... medic... plz medic... i need a rez, medic." and on and on and on.
    The best use of prox-chat I've ever seen (which DID result in a rez) was the following:

My outfit squad had dropped a point building and we were pretty heavily outnumbered. We each took our positions and, as a medic, I was in cover near the back of the room. Unfortunately, the dude we'd assigned to watch the large stairs DC'd completely, and we didn't notice that he was gone... and then a couple of sneaky LA's pushed in that way...

There was a random MAX that'd been hanging around who joined in on our defence. He got the first LA but the second C4'd him while he was busy. He called out one short phrase on prox-chat : "MAX down big stairs, damaged LA coming in behind". Then he said nothing, while I killed off the injured LA and then went to rez him. We held that cap and won the base, and invited the dude to squad for the rest of the evenings ops. Eventually he joined the outfit.

Now THAT is a good example of useful prox-chat. Just screaming "medic, medic" over and over is just gonna get you placed on my little list.....
    • Up x 2
  11. Cullwch

1, As many people have said, you are not owed a revive by a medic any more than a player is obliged to play medic for your pleasurable gaming experience. If the medic is not reviving you, respawn. If you think having to respawn is a tragedy, please don't ever veer from the warp gate - you will not face this problem there.

2, People have a god complex of sorts, especially those who will go on and on about the poor quality of the player base in very general terms. This is something I have noticed playing online games for over a decade. You folks think, in your heart of hearts, that you are playing sort of a pseudo single-player game where you are the protagonist who should rightly win in the end. When people make mistakes or have no interest in the plan of action you have formulated, you very quickly take issue with that because that casts you down from the protagonist pedestal. In truth, as I have stated earlier, you are owed nothing. You are not the protagonist, you are not even a deuteragonist. You're a single element in the wider war machine. Deal with it.
    • Up x 2
  12. TR5L4Y3R

i´m not going for absolutism though .. who am i to do that? .. i still would like to have some darker shades reduced
  13. JohnGalt36

Still not sure if you can read, but I don't have a problem with "reminding", I have a problem with people raging at medics in prox chat like anyone owes them anything. Is it rando medic's fault you pulled whatever class you did to farm kills and died? No, it's not. If you get revived, that's a favor, but nobody owes you anything ever unless you pay for their membership.

Reminding someone how to play a game? How about you play the way you like. Let other people play how they like.

Please explain why any player owes you a revive. What did you give them in return for this obligation?
    • Up x 1
  14. JonnyBlue

Every revive missed is xp missed which means less certs ....Wtf are these medics thinking when they don't revive peeps doesn't make sense , On a side note in big battles its like rush to revive b4 the other medic does I don't understand how people can get pissed off cos 1 medic passes them by normally like 90% of the time I get revived so thx you red cross head bangers for risking life and limb , Just be glad I'm so crap I can provide you with never-ending xp :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.