[RANT] The number one reason I hate this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UberNoob1337101, Mar 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViXeN

I was once inside the spawn room at one of the Biolabs with a few other people and we couldn't get out because a couple people were camping outside it and killing us as we left. After I was shot in the back trying to leave, I respawned and tried to get a shot on them from the window. I had a clear angle on one of the campers but as I was firing another person from my faction jumped in front of me and died. He then called me an idiot and TKed me after he respawned. :rolleyes:
  2. DarkStarAnubis

The game is a giant sandbox where everyone plays in the way he/she likes and there isn't a PS2 Bible saying "Thou shalt play in this way". People may play for the sake of having an high BR, to be a good medic or an engie, to snipe only from spawn room and get theoretically an infinite KDR, or killing lots of helpless infantry from the sky. There are people who genuinely contribute to defend a base or pushing the attack toward an enemy one and people that cares only for themselves.

One day I can play as medic rescuing dead or wounded guys and ending up killed at one point in time (it WILL happen if you play medic, not because you are stupid but simply because you need to focus attention on supporting others while you are a prime target for the enemy) and other days, when I am playing PS2 after a long day of work, I want only to have fun and spend my time lobbing rockets with the NC-15 Phoenix from a fully surrounded spawn room (and, believe it or not, sometimes this helps more than going out and dying over and over again like other moronic players do).

Yes, the game is full of *******, But I have full tolerance and understanding of people that are playing in the way they like (regardless of the way, even if they do nothing!) than people that forcibly impose "their" way of playing and TK you in the back when you least expect it because you dare not to listen to them. That is the only reason why I dislike PS2 because I do not know what to do with those 12 years old idiots, except for re-spawning somewhere else. I have even been TK'ed because I refused to join a squad, for ****'s sake. The irony is that those Einsteins do not even figure out that their behavior only makes things worse for their faction and make players leave: people who TK on purpose do that out of an habit (you can easily figure that out by looking at their TK history).
    • Up x 1
  3. JonnyBlue

I'm not disagreeing with you the game is a giant sandbox and to be fair 90% of players are great but *sigh* yet again last night our base surrounded by you guessed it TANKS , We didn't even have a tank on but nope they sat in there tanks and just farmed must have been about 20 tanks this was at 0100am in the morning needless to say most of are team redeployed and the battle was cut short.
    Of course people can play the way they want but when clearly when some classes are becoming stupidly annoying Ie they dictate how YOU have to play like Tanks and Snipers it sort of ruins the game and means more than likely new players will just quit.

While the role of Tanks is very important in this game its a role that's not been fulfilled for what it was made for killing other tanks instead they pull a tank for the sake of it even when there are no enemy tanks around , To me these are the worst players even more so than medics who don't rezz you or the engineer who dosent fix a max.
  4. CrimsonEclipse5

Not a good attitude to have. By that logic, I can say I don't owe you the courtesy of not teamkilling you mercilessly on sight.

I don't play medic often either, but when I do I'm usually flat out running around reviving everyone in sight, just because so few people play the class for what it's meant for.
    • Up x 2
  5. BrbImAFK

I disagree with you on this one... There are people ingame that I don't much like. But nobody's asking me to be their friend, only to rez them for the good of the team. And so I do.

There are, however, people who are (who act like) complete cancer. You know the kind... the "sniper" who TK's the first medic they come across because nobody came to rez them in the middle of nowhere.... the solo-MAX who charges in without support and then ***** up prox-chat because you won't run into an enemy squad to rez him or waste 75 nanites on a rez-nade that'll just get him killed again....... the "medic" who plays medium assault and won't rez you in the point room even when there's no enemies in sight, and he's just standing around waiting for the point flip XP...... the KD-***** who won't cover you while you're rezzing some other dude, but insists that you run into enemy fire to preserve HIS kdr...... etc. etc. etc. I have a little list and, at least for as long as I remember the name, it'll be a cold day in hell before I rez those tossers, and I don't care that I'm only gimping my own XP-gain for it!

By any reasonably logic, I don't owe anybody anything regardless of what class I'm playing. This is a game, not life. So long as I don't intentionally go out of my way to screw over other people, I can play however the hell I feel like. That includes not rezzing ar*^holes.

I say this as an auraxium medic with WAY more revive ribbons than I need.....
    • Up x 2
  6. Eternaloptimist

Old saying - if you find yourself in a fair fight you haven't done your planning properly.

As pure infantry I don't like being farmed by tank spam either. So I hop a ride (preferably one where I can top gun) or sow mines, or just get the hell out of Dodge.

It is frustrating to be blown away by long range HE fired through a window when in a base, but no more so than being headshot by a sniper, so I tend not to linger around windows.

Being spawn camped with HE smothering the exits is a PITA as well but I can usually shoot out at the infantry advancing under cover of the supporting fire while I wait for reinforcements to turn up (sometimes I am one of the reinforcements).

TL;DR It's all just combined arms tactics - deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  7. Masyaka

Theres like 20 reasons...
  8. JonnyBlue

You make some valid points which I also adhere to and combined arms is fine np with that at all, At first snipers were really getting on my nerves now I just find them annoying they don't really have an effect on a battle however as you stated they do have a major effect on how you yourself play I think the same can be said about tanks , Is there really any need to spam them out even when the enemy doesn't have any what would be wrong in increasing the nanite costs for tanks for which atm is low for a MBT and also for bigger aircraft?.
  9. FateJH

Farming? you are saying that people are dissatisfied that they charged out of the spawn room, which does protect them from tanks, and they were expected to not die? As you said yourself, and I only have your word for the absoluteness of the statement: no one brought tanks and no one planend to bring tanks to push against theirs. What did you expect to accomplish?
    So you can't pull a tank unless there's a tank around to kill? But, if there's a tank around to kill at all, that almost necessarily means that someone pulled a tank at some point down the line even though there were no tanks around to kill at that time.
    Moreover, if you pull tanks to kill tanks, why, instead, did your forces choose to run out of the spawn room, dying, then pull out of the fight entirely, instead of trying to find a way to move tanks into counter-offensive positions?
    Could you peanlize the enemy for not pulling a tank to respond to your own?
  10. TR5L4Y3R

for you/him this might be to vent frustration ...
    for an outsider this thread gives off the "oh *** another game with a toxic community, *** this sht" vibe ..
    it matters not only for the devs to continue to support the game but it matters that the community is welcoming ...
    YOU WANT the game to grow ... treating new blood like trash surely won´t help ... like an elitist TKíng someone just because he wanted to test his AM rifle against a constructed wall .. instead that would be just anoher reason to leave the game and don´t give a flying about it .. and then you people can go all over again on "oohh y no one play dis unique gaem QQ" like you did with PS1 ..

... you are salty? then drown it in water so it doesn´t dry you out ... and suck it up if you are on a death/losestreak

you know what i said about increasing penalties on death ..
    are you realy willing to increase the learning and frustrationcurve to make the game even more of a niche and potentionaly risk to have it an even shorter lifespan? .. like it or not and curse over new blood as much as you like but they are at the moment what keeps this game alive ...
    your solutions may leave the game with tryhards and elitists ... good for you ... have fun with the 7 people that may stick around when everyone else went to the next game that better offers the shortterm fun they want ..
    and then you may be like

well i made a thread about a bfg esk weapon costing nanites before .. so i am not against that idea .. i am against the idea of that being the only option ...
  11. TR5L4Y3R

the problem i see with medic is that it is too focused on its support part and to many that just isn´t fun ..
    yes you are a support hero on keeping the fight up and revive/heal squads from endless bullet and grenadehell .. but the "combat" part imo is lacking fun toys compared to what you have for the LA or engineer f.e. .. imo they could give medics something like a thumper grenadelauncher with a small variety of ammo .. be it standart explosives or AP or healgrenades you toss over the field ..
    or have vampgrenades that suck power, shields or life of your enemies and give it to you ...
  12. adamts01

I just think this game would do better if it leaned a little heavier towards strategy and logistics. If it's instant, nonstop action you want, Battlefield and CoD do it sooooo much better than PS2. People bother with PS2 because of having to balance which faction you're fighting, which battles to choose, which line to push, which units to bring, team composition..... Long story short, other games do "shortterm fun" much better, and more players than you think are attracted to this game because it offers something deeper.

I came across this video and found it pretty interesting. I'm a much different player than the guy who made the video but the way he breaks things down really helps analyze what PS2 has, and what it needs depending on which way you think the game should go. Closing servers and a toxic community are evidence that the game isn't doing well, and this video does a pretty good job of explaining why.

• Up x 3
  13. CaptCran

okay King James:rolleyes:
  14. LordKrelas

Must be a balance in-between the two; though, that'll be harder than either.

I must say, it really is near pointless to kill a target if they have a sundy, beacon, or any spawn point nearby in a practical sense:

Oh I killed them, or they killed me: And the trip back isn't long, nor hard to simply prepare a counter for the opponent's setup.
    If you died to it: You know what is there.
    If you killed with it: Your opponent knows what is there.

- My only gripe with my own words there is, death upon spawning in, or near instantaneous death that unlike a sniper, you couldn't stop;
    But that as well, usually requires a plan or some work by the one doing it. Hell, the sniper puts in work taking a shot.

At least with a medic, this quick return required a medic to be there in the first place.

I have no idea how to make it more effective to kill a target however, without making it hell to play as the victim.
    But I like the concept, now that I've actually thought about it.
    • Up x 1
  15. TR5L4Y3R

the primary reason i play ps 2 is the scale it´s the same reason i play games like supreme commander and planetary annihilation over something like starcraft, company of heroes or command and conquer: generals ..
    and both cod and battlefield have a clear reputation of being money grabbers with their nummerous yet small pieces of dlc ..
    cod lacks vehicleplay (outside of its incampaign on rails turretsections) anyway so why bother on that? .. if i want to play a infantry based game i rather play blacklight retribution that imo offers a much wider range of costumisation
    or something more arcadyish being unreal tournament ..
    and another reason i was intrested in PS 2 in the first place it reminded me more of the conquestmode in UT 3 were you had to link powernodes to the enemy base and that also had vehicleplay and aircraft ....
    the aircraft play in the later BF games were rather poor to me except BF1942 ... so no those games don´t offer "better" shorterm fun without context .. not to me at least ..

the video you linked doesn´t realy offer anything new thought provoking to me ...
    it doesn´t realy change on how i view Planedside 2´s pros and cons ..

as for toxic community .. you have that even in succesfull games like LOL, overwatch and team fortress ... that doesn´t realy mean anything with maybe the exception of lack of ways to communicate well in game without being obnoxious .. and even then a good communicaton system is not a failsafe against arrogant or silly players .. you can´t force players to communicate and listen to one another ..
  16. No0T

I read all that so have in mind I vvant you to read all this... And I meant to cheer you up but not in a nice vvay, because I am not nice, I am not, not cool at all.

VVell there is not nice vvay to say this... but vvhat I mostly hate of this game is people that look so much to the boards and compete instead of focusing in the confrontation. In the conflict. In the violence. In the VVAR this game is all about.

I hate mostly people like you, compettitive betta type of personality. The sort of guy that vvould ignore the incredible art of killing in pose of stats in a board.

I hate basically people like you... But I hate it in a nice healthy vvant to get you right back on the right direction vvay dont get me vvrong.

I think people like you can actually break up the egg and evolve into a the predator you should be.

And I am really preaching here, because this generations of guinea pigs really need a slap back to the right direction.

See at my eyes(old but burning vvith life and passion eyes) this is an entire generation of teacher's pet. And that is unforgivable.

So I say its time to stop calling mom and understand that nobody cares... And REALLY GROVV FANGS AND CLAVVS !! I VVANT YOU TO GET MAD!!

Cheers!
  17. Zagareth

• Up x 1
  18. JohnGalt36

I don't know if you can read, but I rez everyone on sight as well, just not once they start yelling at me in prox chat.
  19. UberNoob1337101

I'm already mostly playing Infil/LA on all my characters, but I also like playing the other 4 classes that demand a semi-decent team.
    Still kinda glad to see people who still enjoy the game, must say I've had a blast for playing it for a little more than 2 years.
    Pretty understandable.

Oh yeah, those guys, the "If you don't play how I want you to play get TKd" people are just as idiotic as detrimental "teammates". Should've included them on the list, but fortunately they aren't nearly as common as the people I mentioned.
    I don't think that bases/fights are simply lost because of vehicles, but much more because said vehicles bundle up into an armor zerg that's virtually unstoppable. Once you get used to them though and learn how to counter them properly, they aren't nearly as frustrating and can even be a little bit of fun to fight against. It's frustrating as an infantryman, but it's more than possible to fight back, especially by pulling a vehicle yourself. Ultimately, it's a combined arms game, even though I like infantry combat the most, pulling vehicles is necessary for winning and is often a breath of fresh air from playing infantry almost all the time.
    Uh? I haven't stated in a single sentence that team players are detrimental or idiots, only the people who are blatantly so bad that they end up being worse for the team overall (i.e People who run straight into your scope, medics that never revive/heal when there is no threat around and only look for easy kills, engies that simply camp turrets).

Also, I don't think that there are realistically many people who are toxic in the community, and I also don't think people blame each other for their faults (unlike in some other games *COUGH COUGH*).
    And by the way, are you basically saying that we shouldn't express ourselves to appear "less toxic" to non-PS2 players? That seems plain wrong, even if my opinion is blatantly terrible in every way, I've got right to express it, and not only that, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that someone will give up the game simply because people who are viewed as toxic play too. Lessen their enjoyment a little? Maybe. Make them flat-out quit or not interested in the game anymore? Absolutely not.
    You playing on the US? There it's an absolute farm if you're at least above average. On EU though, I found quite a few of great players. But funnily the more I play BF1, the more I want to come back to PS2 again. Heh, reminds me that despite it's flaws, PS2 is still a gem in the FPS market.
    Been like that since release, infantry only want to fight infantry, tanks only want to fight tanks and air only want to farm everything and only be challenged by 1v1 honorabru air duels. The vast majority of players don't really like combined arms, because you have to adapt and think.
    Have you seen BF1 players on the US? You don't need F2P in order for your team to be absolute ****, here it's just amplified by the fact that you can TK/get TKd and that supports don't tend to do their own thing.
    I agree 100%, the video's pretty interesting, but I also found that compared to other very similar games, in PS2 the mentality of cohesion and performing your role is much less prevalent. I don't think it's a necessarily a bad thing, but I feel it led to people thinking it's perfectly okay to medium assault and never resupply. I'd just wish if there was more team cohesion, currently everyone seems to just want to do their own thing and not fight to cap the continent or win the war. I dunno, I tolerate it, but it kinda puts me off and gives me a sense of not belonging here...
    Well, not force, but maybe make them think that it's a good idea to communicate and listen to one another? Anything for a more team-play oriented experience, really, or at least incentivize more PTFOing and being more active. I'd say that things like spawnroom camping (from both sides) and camping in general annoys everyone except the guy doing it.
    Wow, such a constructive response. I'm amazed how you've managed to prove me wrong by saying your totally constructive opinion in such a nice way! I'm almost amazed by your totally not insulting, relevant and amazing argument!

You know what I'm saying, if you won't say anything constructive and relevant to the topic, then bugger off. Merely coming to insult and be a dick definitely ain't welcome, I may be ranty in the OP, but I at least expect a discussion that doesn't devolve into an insult fest.

And while I really hate to be THAT guy, seeing that sentence on a sig from a guy who has a SPM of 120 or less and his highest KPM with one weapon being merely 0.33 and with KPM being 0.2 or less on every other weapon, even on MAX ones... why am I not surprised :rolleyes:
  20. Money

This guy gets it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.