Railjack is fine.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Reavx, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Reavx

Its the other two ESSR that need to be brought up in line, especially the trap.
    The whine about this weapon seriously annoys me.
    No one wanted a shot gun and it was removed.
    Now you see all these people complain about some other random feature (that none can think of a good one not to mention) to apply instead.

You want something new and interesting change to vanu.

Railjack is awesome and I cant wait till its released.

They nerf it or strap on something useless like the shot gun again and I simply won't buy it.
    • Up x 4
  2. Wobberjockey

… have you even payed attention in other threads?

the complaints about the railjack aren't about it's fitness.
    it's because SOE is going back on things that they have said earlier ( no bullet drop on BASR's is too powerful, but having bullet drop that is too small to matter? totally faine)
    it's because after they had their shot gun idea shot down, they decided to just make a tier 4 sniper rifle that outclasses the longshot in alms every conceivable way, and then give it silencer and straight pull bolt options.

it's because it's ham handed design at it's most blatant.

yes. the rail jack will be fine, and any NC infiltrator would love to have it.

but honestly? when infiltrators of all empires are saying that SOE could do better?
    that's a problem.
    • Up x 11
  3. Idiocy

Problem is, not only is it a direct upgrade, it is also the most versatile of the new line of snipers as it doesn't come with weird mechanics like charge or burst.

It's simple, powerful and easy to use. The others aren't.
    • Up x 1
  4. Blarg20011

Honestly, I think the shotgun idea could have gone places.
    • Up x 2
  5. Reavx

Clearly you aint tested it much it does have bullet drop, less than the long shot but it has.
    I knew this testing it two weeks ago seriously.
    Its not zero'd properly.
    You fire at 10m at some ones head dead center and the bullet flies straight over.
    Now the Shade it has TRUE zero bullet drop and can fire two BAR rounds consecutively faster than the CQC BAR.

Get a grip with all this debate over mechanics clearly most of you do not understand or have not tested.
  6. Wobberjockey

1. as has been said before. 1/2 a head of bullet drop at 300m is functionally 0 drop. if i can aim at the head, and hit the head, it really isn't enough drop to matter 90% of the time
    2. EVERY BASR has that behavior. it means the scopes are zeroed at some unknown distance.
    see the following
    [IMG]

3. yes the shade has true 0 bullet drop. BUT...
    i need to charge for 3 seconds before i can shoot that BASR shot. then i need to charge it again. i also can't hold the charge, at all, so i need to time that with my target, and with holding my breath. the reality is that the BASR shot is really only going to be good at picking off engineers.
    every other rifle can deliver their BASR damage on command. the VS one cannot… about speed? please. remember that the ghost is getting a straight pull bolt as well.
    the attraction behind the shade is it's versatility, NOT the fact that it is better than any other weapon in the VS arsenal at any given area.
    • Up x 3
  7. HadesR

But it shouldn't have Regardless of what mechanics the rifle has .. Can't really complain about one gun having zero bullet drop but then justify another having it ..

Its either wrong for all to have it or none .. I go with the former
  8. Wobberjockey

hey, if you had to sick your head out for 3 seconds to get a OHK shot off, i wouldn't be complaining about the lack of drop the railjack has.

the fact of the matter is that ANY positive can be balanced by enough drawbacks.
    as it is now, the Railjack is a longshot upgrade. especially considering you can fit a silencer AND a straight pull bolt on it
  9. HadesR

So you would be ok with the RailJack coming with an " overload " feature ?

Ie: Normal shots are a slower velocity with drop
    Overload uses all 4 bullets in the clip to form a single high velocity no drop bullet.
    Rather than a charge it would come with a build up timer of 2.5-3 seconds .. Doesn't need to be fired when ready BUT if not fired within 4-5 seconds it loses it's build up and has to be built up again ..
    • Up x 2
  10. Reavx

Your ignorance shines through.
    It takes less than 0.4 secs to BAR charge the shade and it can hold the charge untill the 3 sec mark where it then auto fires.
    Bad testing on your part.

Also every gun thus far in ps2 is zeroed to 0m, thats why you have to asjust to bullet drop.
    Its also 0.75 mil dot at 300m drop on the railjack.
    If you aim for the head the bullet would hit the chest without correction and if it was zeroed properly.

Really man.....
  11. Wobberjockey

that sounds reasonable.

the values might need to be tweaked with testing, but that core mechanic atleast gives it a reason to exist alongside the longshot., especially if, say the railjack had normal mode base stats similar to, say, the bolt driver
  12. Wobberjockey

the last i tested, it was a much smaller drop at 300m. now, if they changed the values since then, well that's great.

it STILL doesn't change the fact that the nc is getting a T4 sniper as their ESSR while the other two empires are getting something which provides variety to their arsenal.
    Which is a massive cop out on the part of SOE.
  13. Reavx

Let me write it down for you what the shade is capable of.
    In 1 sec.
    You can fire two Bar rounds.
    That kills anything with a body shot.
    Until render range. With no bullet drop.
  14. Wobberjockey

as of which patch?
    because last i tried it it was nowhere near that strong, and the charge took longer than a second. (making your assertion impossible)

Edit:
    i just tested this in the PTS.
    it takes 1 second for the shade to charge to a full charge.
    meaning that no matter how you fudge the numbers, you CANNOT fire two BAR shots in one second.
    it also means that there is a minimum window for engagement. if you see your enemy running across a small gap, and they clear it, you cannot possibly shoot them. and that's ignoring normal human reaction time of aprox 3/4 of a second, and lag.

so, uh, yea. your facts don't jive with reality chief.
    • Up x 3
  15. Reavx

You are doing it wrong.
    I am not here to teach you.
  16. Wobberjockey

if you are talking about only taking it to a level 1 charge, then your times MIGHT jive, but, here's the thing: that does not always guarantee a 2 shot kill, even when aiming at the head.

just to check i went to the VR and tried it. the only time that reliably produced a kill was on fellow infiltrators.
    all the other squishies produced mixed results.

but hey. if you're saying i'm wrong after 25 timing passes producing an average result of 1 second...
    please. provide evidence otherwise.

and again... the shade is irrelevant because the railjack is a design cop out by SOE.
    they can do better. they can make an interesting weapon, and if they are stuck i've seen at least 5 different that all fit with the NC theme that could work just as well
  17. Gadamlu

ha, Ah ha ha ha. ha. you funny guy, i kill you last.

Suuuure, it might have bullet drop, out to say, 400m+ but MAXIMUM INFANTRY RENDER is at 300m max, if you are lucky. and as the vid clearly shows, as of 5-10 minutes ago, its a bloody hitscan one hit kill.

oh, and Wobber? the shade does seem to have a slight bug, the guy is right, it is only needed to hold the mouse for half a second before release for BA power.
    • Up x 2
  18. LibertyRevolution

Let me do the math for you... that bullet is going at 3,060KPH...
    With 850m/s velocity, that bullet will be at infantry render range in 0.375secs.
    I have seen players with pings higher than that...
    That is a hitscan weapon.
    • Up x 5
  19. Alarox

Hitscan doesn't mean "only a little bit of drop and lead by comparison".
  20. m44v

Bullsht, I know I did like it, the stats where awful but I wasn't against the idea (nor were others), SOE could have improved it instead of axing completely.