Quick Note on Optimization

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by codeForge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. mazty

You have no idea what you are on about:

First of all, being rich or sponging of parents is not required for a good rig. Try getting a job.
    Second of all tech has not stagnated. Saying quad cores are a gimmick is just ********.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. A cheap $120 GPU is really quite powerful. You're 8600 is archaic and hasn't been any good for years. In fact it wasn't really any good about 2 years after it's release. But nevertheless you feel that you are suitably educated to try and lecture everyone on how PC technology is stagnating.

If someone is playing with an 8600, they most likely won't be able to afford station cash, so there really isn't a loss there.
    Your 6 year old rig may have cost you $600 back in the day, but now it's worth about $10 - scrap value.

Windows 7 has the performance of XP for netbooks you fool - it's nothing to do with desktop specs.

I'm going to now give you some advice as you are either a bizarrely dedicated troll or in desperate need of advice. Don't talk about things you do not understand. Go educate on something before airing your opinion on it. That way you will probably be able to get a job and stop whining about why pc gamers should be hampered by your archaic PC.
  2. FearTheCow

Every generation of graphics cards is a good 30% faster then the previous generation, a $120 videocard beats your 8600 with a rubber hose.

Go look up reviews of dual core vs quad core processors, the vast majority of time quad core wins because it can flat out do more work. A basic way of looking at it is you have one core that handles windows and its processes, then you have 1-3 cores to run the game, AI can suck up quite a bit of one of those cores, then if you have CPU physics that is another core. I know that is not the most accurate description of what goes on in a quad core processor, but it helps illustrate just how much modern games use.

Go look up what you can do with 32 vs 64 bit processors before you start trying to say how 64 bit doesn't do anything, hell, just the memory increase was worth it to switch.

It blows my mind that you say this game is trying to put out "unparalleled" graphics after you say DX11 is just a money grab. How about before you keep showing everyone how ignorant you are, that you go look up what DX10 and now DX11 brings to the table. It is quite literally impossible for this game to be considered to have top notch graphics since it only uses DX9.

I get a feeling you are one of those people who doesn't think there is any reason to upgrade from WinXP to Win7 because you aren't able to understand that there are a lot of changes that were done to the OS that you don't see.

There are a lot of questions that should be answered by SOE as to why they are using DX9 in their "latest and greatest" engine. It really doesn't seem to make much sense unless they were a) trying to be cheap by using technology they are familiar with, and/or b) wanted to be able to port the game to their console thus causing the PC gamers to suffer. Given Sonys ability to make very poor decisions, I get a feeling it is both a and b.

Edit: The game is decent, and importantly has a ton of potential, I have already spent $40 on it for SC and would not have done so if I thought the game sucked or wasn't going to get better. I also get the feeling that a lot of the games current problems have to do with the people holding the purse strings dictating gameplay and design decisions instead of letting the men/women doing the actual developing do what they do best, make games.
  3. ThunderStealer

dood you posted again.... lol, go read my response in post #669 in regards to your dx11 post, and then read the SOE dev post on #671

You are ignorant to realize SOE did not develop this game for the latest and greatest tech flashy gizmos, they developed a game to be MMO and FREE. You my friend need to take some business classes.

What they are doing fits the best business plan/structure, develop a game that will be free, that will allow the most amount of users to play instead of making it dx11 graphics card drivers only and loose over 50% of the population.

Loose 50% of the population = 50% less that could be paying, which in the end = 50% less profit

is that simple enough for you?
    • Up x 2
  4. ThunderStealer

mazty your a fool to think the average consumer (that SOE is trying to capture their attention for) has a high end pc,

its going to be a very small % of the population that has high end tech, majority of the population still has the average spec stuff.

also getting a job doesnt mean dump your paycheck into the newest graphic card every 3x months, their is something called a life, mortgages, car payments, insurance, gas, food, entertainment, and girlfriend date fund. I also force save $500 a month into savings, i am 28, ive played pc games since 97 on a pentium 200mmhz with MMX technology on a 28.8k modem, well that is online with mplayer and heat.net before this steam crap rolled out, i gamed on 486 playing wing commander and such. In this economy, the middle class does not have the luxury to upgrade their pc's to play a **** game every year, get off your high chair and put yourself in others shoes for once, walk in them and see how hard they work just to get by.
  5. Xavstar

I would rather be chasing naked bouncy women through grassy plains. But I have no life and I have a nice PC and I play PS2.

A monthly premium subscription is still cheaper than a small round of drinks at a pub\bar.
    • Up x 1
  6. Athropos

Its amazing how you dismissed every well thought out point that was made against your garbage post you made earlier. You are probably the most stubborn individual I have ever seen. Keep living in that sheltered technophobic mind of yours if it pleases you. No amount of arguments will make you back from your position because accepting the fact that tech DOES move forward and that your computer is too old would shatter your whole system of defensive denial you built around yourself and would force you to consider an upgrade. There's a huge difference between what you consider a middle end PC (6 year old tech with a dual core) and what an actual middle end PC is in 2012 (i generation quad core with a video card at most 2 generationa behind). Do you honestly believe your specs are closer to what devs should aim for as a benchmark? For a large scale mmofps released in 2012? On the PC?

Here's the thing though. You are not as middle class as you think you are if you can't make the conscious choice to invest in your hobbies every now and again. What's wrong with spending a little to enjoy what little free time we have on this planet? I teach fulltime and I have enough to both upgrade now and again and play. It's not intended to be condescending but dont pretend to speak for all of us.
    • Up x 1
  7. XRIST0

Ok so after further testing , running everything on high but reducing the render distance to 1000 makes the game a much better experience for me .

In big battles , huge tank zergs i get 50-60fps .. With default render distance i drop into the 30's at times .

Also if you use crossfire , chose AFR mode .. This fixes the lag in cockpit view and in the menu etc , also fixed the reason why fog shadows would drop my fps in half ? happy with how it performs now .
  8. Karriz

AMD optimization is still quite poor, the game uses only 40% of my processing power, but it still says I'm "CPU bottlenecked" when the FPS drops below 30.
  9. mindbomb

to be fair, if the game actually was launched with dx11 mode enabled by default, I imagine a large amount of ppl would be editing the ini to force the game into dx9 mode anyway, followed by the proclamation that they couldn't tell the difference between dx9 and dx11, and assuming dx9 runs better.
  10. Athropos

And they would be wrong.
  11. mindbomb

i know, but i feel if you took any dx11 game in existence and went into its forums, you would see so many posts like that.
  12. mazty

"your a fool"
    Are you sure that I'm the fool?

I'm not talking about a high end PC. I'm talking about something which isn't archaic. Go be ignorant and resentful somewhere else.

Who is talking about blowing cash on a GPU every 3 months? I bought a good one 2 years ago and have no need to upgrade and I'm even using DDR2 RAM still.

You're just bitter as **** because you can't afford a few bucks to spend on a PC. Don't be a jerk bro. Making stupid comments like stating you have to upgrade your PC every year is just ridiculous.

If you are struggling to make ends meet well guess what? Scarifies have to be made and that has always been the way. What is unrealistic is that you think that you have the right to play the latest games just because. That's not how the world works. I work for a living so don't act as if I'm some entitled kid living off of a trust fund.
  13. ThunderStealer

again the topic comes up as, why cant SOE make a game for 2012 and up pcs,
    lol my hobby list for sitting at home in front of a computer is on the bottom, i like motorcycles,ive got 2, a race bike and a streetbike, i also have a project truck a mercedes unimog, that most people have never even heard of or seen, my $$$ gets dumped into those hobbies, its far better then sitting at home and playing in front of a screen, go out and live, and stop complaining that SOE did not develop a game for 2012+ pc's. You still dont get that the avg consumer (not gaming ppl) still run XP and old tech, tech does move forward but in this economy where my state is shutting down state parks and raising taxes, yes its my best interest to keep upgrading my tech on the hobby that i spend the least amount of time on. Again get off your high chair, SOE made this game to make $ if you are still living in this world of its 2013 and all PC games should run on 2012+ tech, then your foolish and I hope you never start a business because it would fail miserably.
  14. ThunderStealer

um ok, since SOE clearly is trying to make $ off this game, limiting it to just high end pc = less $, i guess you just dont understand that
  15. mazty

You need to get a reality check. What it is asking for is not a high end PC. It's asking for a very mid-range PC. Stop trying to warp reality to make your outdated PC seem like a reasonable gaming PC.

Go be resentful and ignorant somewhere else.
  16. mazty

For someone who is broke you sure have a lot of cash to throw around...
    If you can't be bothered to invest in a PC that isn't a complete joke, then don't expect to play a lot of games you complete fool.
  17. sheldor187

I'm sorry but when did the topic of this thread change from optimization to when and how different people upgrade their computers?
  18. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

Please remember to be civil and respectful in comments. This is a thread about optimization, the plans for it, and questions about making it better (or why it's bad in some situations).
    • Up x 1
  19. dr_Fell

Hello, could You tell us at least approximate release date of the optimisation patch ?
  20. raw

only higby and/or smed can disclose that info, stop trying.