PTS Update 8/20

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by JGood, Aug 20, 2013.

1. orbital

Another request to not nerf MAX AV weapons against AI, they take skill to get kills on AI, even in biolabs (without killing friendlies too) and are often the only way for an underdog to counter a Max crash. As mentioned before, I you're outside in a MAX you're a target by long range dumbfire rockets from heavies that can duck behind stuff and overhead LA C4, a MAX should be able to deal with these one on one with ease since their weakness is not being able to dodge. If I get killed by AV MAX, I'm in the wrong place, MAXes should be scary and effective, they cost resources and have a timer, they should be worth it and at least last as long as the timer.

as for Fractures, remember the TR power is LOCK DOWN which doubles the above weaknesses against AI. The TR MAX doesn't have toughness or speed, Fractures are the only weapon that makes up for that. it's "bomb bait". ZOE MAX get's speed and weapon buff, TR MAX lockdown should at least get some damage buff to just stand there if Fractures lose AI effectiveness.

Phoenixes should remain the same, they are extremely hard to use as opposed to the striker, you should be rewarded for hitting anything, including a crowd of infantry with one - before getting sniped yourself. The balance to the striker though, is that if you're really good at the Phoenix, you can shoot behind cover and people can't shoot back. Extend the range, the Phoenix is impossible to use as AA.
  2. Torok

as a vehicle driver I'm more convinced what they have done so far is good, If people is tired of being oneshotted by rocketlaunchers then let them have an option to avoid that with certing into the Flak Armor, then for sure there's gonna be Variety, with people actually switching from nanoweave go flak more consistently (me included probably, or atleast sometimes)
  3. Messaiga

It will still not be enough to allow somebody to survive a direct shot from a Lock-On or Dumbfire Rocket Launcher, I am sure it will benefit the MAX much more though.
  4. Torok

I tried it on the PTS before they took out the Update and the MAX Flak Armor did not benefit from these changes, it was solely for the other infantry classes :)
  5. Messaiga

NO! Max Flak Armor should benefit for these changes, since they are the ones that are targeted by explosives the most!
  6. Andy79

should at least incrase the magazine size of the comet by one, if they nerf the damage to control its "kill with infantery with 1 dual hit" burst ability (not that easy outside of the ideal convergence area)

going by the video gifs posted above, I dont see a big improvement for vortex, hitting a stationary infantery with 3 ZOE dual hits to kill it is not exactly earthshattering if you consider an actual hectic combat encounter
  7. Rhapsody

Have you fixed it so that players can no-longer sit at a range in which the IFF Shields do not show up on their client as well?, which is allowing them to fire 'threw' those non-rendering shields?
  8. Torok

mah, they are already the most powerful infantry unit on the ground, not so sure they need that buff aswell, in a teamplay squad if they do run flak armor there's no way you can counter them with c4 or one single rocket heavy assault already, we don't need such a buff, and everyone knows it, don't you think so?
  9. Messaiga

I think I knew that........ but I guess Max Flak Armor would be fine without it. I kinda wish splash damage didn't go through my Aegis Shield though, but that is for an entirely different thread. The cost of Max's though, it's crazy. They are so easily killed even with support, all somebody needs to do is pull an LA with C4 and hope they can blow up the Max before anybody really notices.
  10. Strikejk

AAaaand another unecessary, half-secret VS buff :D
    I'm the only one wondering about it? Vortex was/is fine, why change it?
  11. DeadliestMoon

Well then you're wrong about them being wrong. Face it, infantry is the most important unit in the game. Crack open any vehicle or aircraft and inside will be an infantryman.
  12. Madly

Since you misinterpreted what I wrote, I can totally see how you'd think your statement was correct (and very literal, by the way).

What I said, and you quoted, was said within the context of SOE's decision to nerf the tank/liberator/(add shell/artillery round here) - in which I do still think they were dead wrong to implement. Of course, this is just my humble opinion; and I love being infantry in the game, and it is a vital part - I'm not saying I want this to be just VehicleSide 2. BUT, it gives a too powerful sway to the Infantry (ala Heavy Assault, primarily, but not definitively) as it currently stands. The vehicles just don't feel as powerful as they should be (that is, unless you're sitting at about BR 85 - at which point you're probably pretty decent in every respect).

So now, with that being said, I'm curious which part you'll now take out of context and use as your literal rebuttal. ;)
  13. DeadliestMoon

Vehicleside 2? So what now you want vehicles to be OP when you are BR 85? And what's with the winky face? I'm not going to have intercourse with you. Lol.

PS: To be honest, this one was a bit of a stretch.
    • Up x 1
  14. toxs

PLEASE! do not take away the tanks ability to kill with one shot on direct hits to infantry. Taking the tanks one hit kill infantry would be really crappy.
  15. toxs

it works great at 5m agiasnt afk prowlers
    • Up x 2
  16. toxs

Why doesnt this post have 100 likes?
  17. Torok

because there's no boobs in it, and truth hurts, especially if people wants OP weapons.
    it's good they can't downlike it!
    • Up x 1
  18. Madly

I gave you a thumbs up just for mentioning boobs... :D
  19. Madly

It's sad, in hindsight, what tremendous foreshadowing was given in JGood's initial blurb on these notes... let's just hope he wasn't one of the ones we wont be seeing posts from anymore. He seems to be one of the still truly passionate ones still updating the game (albeit a nerfing nerf-herder... lol).
  20. TomDRV

I want drifters to sill be able to lift you onto the roof of a 2 story building. but only just. so they are still jump jets. just cant get you to any of the places normal jump jets can