PTS patch notes got posted in advance...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by libbmaster, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Flag

Not for the Magrider. Never did.
  2. iller

Well Radar did make a point of saying only a few of the proposed "nerfs" will be switched on at a time, while they datamine the effects and we can assume; stop after they've reached that desired trend.
  3. Munq

[IMG]

About time too.
    • Up x 2
  4. Silus

Skyguard unaffected safe for stabilization, everything's good in the hood here.

*Pops on "Deal with it" shades and reclines on fully kitted out Skyguard*
  5. Bindlestiff

I expected nothing else. Why on earth they ask for feedback here / Twitter / Reddit when nothing is ever taken on about is beyond me.

This is the death of the Magrider, it simply won't be able to compete anywhere.
    • Up x 3
  6. Bindlestiff

Yes. For "mobility" faction trait, read "homogenised shadow of its former self"
  7. Govedo13

Rip Magrider nerfed so much that battle sundie is better option, prowler badly nerfed and Vanguard OPed .
    Infantry farming buffed patch.
    "GREAT PATCH"
    MUCH BALANCED
  8. Klypto

Unless you are a Magrider, then it's strafe speed.
  9. Maljas23

Was hoping to see the TR Glock 18 added this patch :(.

QoL changes are good overall.

Poor tankers though. I don't even.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pikachu

Whatever happens when you press 'a' or 'd'. ;) Btw I think I saw you on PTS. :O Your name sounds familiar.
  11. Silkensmooth

Magrider is getting some indirect buffs here guys. When they lower the velocity of the other tanks rounds, that means a buff to our strafing.

Taking away, for example, 5% velocity from a vanguard is the same as adding 5% strafe speed to the magrider vs a vanguard.

Another thing is that the saron hrb has no bullet drop and all of the other secondaries got more gravity.

Imo thats akin to a buff to the Saron. It was already the best AV secondary for long distance fighting.

With a good gunner i believe that you can more reliably do damage at longer ranges to make up for the magriders less than steller abilities in CqC.

I only drive a magrider btw. So no bias here, i just think we should see how it plays out before we get too upset. I can see ways that this makes us better.
  12. asmodraxus

Guess if I play my main I'll be in my lightning/harasser/battle sundy now
  13. Govedo13

How is buffed when the tanks that can move and shoot in other directions then forward get stabilized turrets in order to shoot on move (previously only magrider trait) then they got huge reverse speed buff ( another magrider previous trait) and on top of that it gets speed nerf?
    This patch brutally slaughter the magrider.
  14. Nody

Lets summarize the actions taken:

Feedback thread on tanks
    Everyone - Your tank changes don't make sense; if anything increase shell speed, don't give full reverse sped and buff Magrider when giving out it's main faction trait
    Devlopers - Lets implement our vision and ignore everyone else and buff their AI farming capability which no one asked for and do them all in one go with out any clue how it will play out

Feedback thread on Libs
    Everyone but Lib pilots - Finally a nerf to the sky king forcing them to require specialization and teamwork outside the vehicle itself
    New Lib pilots - You don't understand how hard our life is; we can't even hover over a 48+ battle with out having to run away after doing a few volleys
    Reasonable Lib pilots - Tone back the armor improvements vs. tank shells, reduce ammo on guns, do some work on pilot guns to make them worth using and then see were the Lib is at
    Developers - Hmm, we better hold back these huge changes to see how things go because we will ignore the previous state when we had the data on how they worked and go back to the drawing board
    • Up x 2
  15. Goretzu

I was wondering about the point of Rival now.
  16. eatcow0

Consider this:
    1) your main cannon's velocity is also getting nerfed and it already feels like lobbing tennis balls
    2) halberd > saron at range currently
    3) with (1) and (2) your long range abilities are worse off if this is implemented
    3a) however this does not affect us as much as TR and NC as we still have saron
    4) other tanks getting turret stabilization plus the reverse speed changes gives them better strafe potential over mag
  17. Deadreach

Buffing? Buffing?! Are you ******* Serious.
    Speed is **** when you cant hit the stick figure heavy assualts with Lockons and ******* 1k-1.4k Damage rockets that they can launchh in straight lines to the BOXES with treads. Speed is Irrelevent to Lockons, Just becuase you can say only 5-10% thats still BS. AP is a supposed to be a High VOl/ armor piercing weapon, Now tankers have to "LOB" them across the battlefield ON TOP of the fact targets are now moving.
    So They are Nerfing Tank V tank combat, Buffing AV gameplay by making it so tanks have to be closer to the lockons/dumbfire/rambo Mining/BF4 C4ing infantry, and making it so prowler ESability is ******* USELESS.
    Go play tank, And then imagine the changes, And call it a buff, one more time.
    • Up x 1
  18. Iridar51

I'm too much of a man to use tanks. I can win my own victories, and I don't need layers of armor and overpowered cannon to do it for me.
    You need 1 hit on that stick figure. That stick figure needs 4-6 to force you to abandon your tank and start fighting with that stick figure on equal footing. If you find that unfair to you, maybe you should go do something even less challenging, like beating children and putting ant hills on fire.
  19. Deadreach

You play a video game like the rest of us. You are a "man", 1 of many, my Tank is a machine designed to fulfil the role of ground domination, your a cog in war machine that is capable of everything i can do, and more. As an infantry in a MMOFPS, Alone your "weak" so yea, Solo you have a hard time defeating armor, but you should never be alone, and there are always 3-Infinite more heavies all shooting me, along with the LAs trying to C4 me, along with your teams Tanks. So yea, Your stick figure sucks against tank 1 on 1. but lets remember its not 1 on 1, For the tanker, its 2 v 48+ becuase he rarelly gets help from his own team, and the other team saw him coming from 1000m away and set up.

THEN, On that note, If i abandaned my armor, which is the playstyle i choose with the game, that allows me to do that. Im an engineer with a carbine, and your a heavy with a RL/LMG/Overshield/Stimpacks/and friends. How is that fair. and you want to talk about 1HK, how about Sniper Rifles, Are those unfair? how about the Stock launcher that heavies are using as primaries, Instagibbing Infantry and 2 hitting maxes, like they where cardboard clad. Have you tanked? It takes 2-3 Prowler HEAT shots to kill someone with the sad splash, and getting Direct hits, On the move, Running from lockons/c4/manarockets is not ******* easy. So do some fact finding and realize your own faults before you call out my playstyle.

I, as a tank driver, am pissed that SOE is going through with this without listening to the people they are affecting, and only the infantry that this helps.

I want Rocketlauncher Primaries fixed, I want Lag deaths to end, I want equal rendering for vehicles, If you can see us, why cant we see you?. But that would be a nerf to infantry and it wouldnt happen
  20. Konstantinn

Good changes, now that I've had a minute to think about it.

Ammo packs physics object, good change, but dropping them on hills might make them slide, which is bad.

Rebinding ammo packs to F key, pretty good. F key does nothing for engineer currently. Will take a little getting used to, but good.

Medic tool getting different buttons is meh. Means beams for heal and revive are separate entities now, meaning they will not be bindable to same key anymore for those of us who prefer the old way. Will take some getting used to, but not huge deal overall since medic tool second mouse button did literally nothing before and people would occasionally stand on top of a corpse that you are trying to revive which would confuse the tool into healing someone who is already at full health instead of reviving.

Turning down bloom might make you slightly less blind when staring at the sun... Might look slightly less cool, but could be useful in some small fraction of situations particularly for pilots. (This game doesn't use HDR?!?).
    • Up x 1