PTS patch notes got posted in advance...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by libbmaster, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Alarox

You already have to account for drop and lead. The proposed changes don't change the nature of it. It is a low-skill activity, but it isn't a point and click adventure.
  2. Flag

Hey, with the suggested new velocity for the FPC you might start seeing many AV magriders -overshooting- now.
  3. Frozen-K

To answer the earlier question of if SOE listens to tank drivers...

Why would they ever listen to us? I mean, it's not like many of us don't have days clocked in our vehicles. Even the magrider changes make many of the NC and TR look at it and question why SOE would even do that to them. But, rather than taking a chisel to a statue in a slow process, SOE believes in using sledgehammers and duct tape.
    • Up x 1
  4. Dhabu

Just to be sure, the patch is not yet on Test and will be coming to Test next week? It was slightly ambiguous, and I'm slavering for the new tank mechanics.

I noticed they held off the Liberator nerfs though...
    • Up x 1
  5. Klypto

This is what I was wondering.

What is really the problem they are trying to solve? Are there hidden agendas to these changes?

Who told them this was a problem? Where are these people? What do they need? Was it data? What is that data?

Why didn't they ask us how we can help them solve their problem?

They basically just stepped in and said:

"No. You must play this way now because it is more fun."
    • Up x 11
  6. Klypto

Gravity increase makes it easier for them to hit the ground next to your feet. One of the struggles with using HE and HEAT is when you can't cause splash around your target.

With the increase in gravity it will allow for better arcs. It's also ridiculous to believe that having more of an arc will somehow make it harder to repeatedly shell the same spots over and over again while you are sitting still. Fixed point to fixed point fire has nothing to do with drop unless it is completely out of your range (with tanks in Planetside 2 that would be a couple thousand kilometers, but nothing renders past 700-800 meters).

No, this is simply a nerf to tanks that fight other tanks and a buff to tanks that farm infantry. Gravity increase will impact your ability to fire on a vehicle that move around . Anti-tank tanks will have to get close and will be less accurate at range, a higher chance for the Anti-Infantry tanks to survive.
    • Up x 4
  7. Ronin Oni

Holy Magrider nerf batman!

Loses FOTM advantage (That's fire on the move, not flavor of the month :p ), which, while fair to equalize Mag was balanced on that advantage.

Oh yeah, and did we mention reducing Racer bonus reduction on Mag. Oh it was more you say? Oh did you know Mag had lower top speed? Well that's ok because our acceleration is at least better than the Vanguard... oh, that difference has been reduced too

Oh I'm sorry, you used Rival because reverse and strafe acceleration? Sorry, your better off with Racer now (and we prolly won't refund your certs either, only 800 though.)

Oh well, preferred Lightning anyways.... and now it has turret stabilization :D

Tons of other really good stuff too.

FINALLY Engineers who don't read forums/anything about the game might know they have ammo with their mines :rolleyes:

And the medtool fix. oh-em-geeee So needed. Much wowz
  8. Ronin Oni

You are reading it wrong.

See, Mag is actually the SLOWEST tank stock... the extra 5KPH on Mag's Racer was to make up for that and match the Vanguard (the supposedly slowest tank)

Of course, any good mag driver had to take Rival to actually use the combat advatantage we were otherwise nerfed for having... which btw now the other tanks can move side to side, faster, with turret elevation advantage, and without sacrificing speed... oh, and now we lost our reverse speed boost too.

They're going to need to make some positive change to the Mag... it's losing most of it's advantage, and getting extra nerfs on the side because logic.

It makes no sense. VS pops are gonna tank if this goes live (pun intended)

EVERYTHING ELSE about this update is awesome.
    • Up x 1
  9. DorianOmega

UPDATE IS GOOD UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FINALLY WILL HAVE A REASON FOR ALL THOSE DROP TICKS FOR THE TANK RECTICLE.

FIXED TIGER FINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

if only this update was live.
  10. TriumphantJelly

.... All I see are Mag nerfs, some of them even direct.
    • Up x 1
  11. DorianOmega

magriders SHOULD be the slowest tank in the game, they already dont have to deal with terrain like other tanks do, they can freakin strafe (allows for mega easy infantry picks) and have a turbo option that easily nullifies the 5 kph disadvantage. Plus all the range on tanks is getting nerfed, 5 kph shouldnt be a big deal when we now need to get at least 20 percent closer to be as effective as before and last I checked unless a vanguard uses its overshield it barely stands a chance against the super mobile magrider that will attempt to dodge your shots with strafing or end up getting away from the engagement with the turbo, if anything this update will probably make magriders even MORE useful as all the velocities are getting changed making its dodging abilities even more prevalent.
  12. Chipay

Question: do you realize that the Vanguard and Prowler will have a better chance at dodging projectiles compare to the magrider with these changes?
    • Up x 5
  13. NinjaTurtle

Can I ask what all this **** is about "being brought in line with other empires tanks"?

Are empires not suppose to play different, is there not suppose to be some kind of asymmetrical balance i.e a tank is better than other variants at a particular thing but is worse at others?

...... and I do not think Klypto needed a buff, he's a pain in the **** as it is :p
    • Up x 3
  14. STR1D3R109

SOE can we get a french flag decal now? ;P *Grabs popcorn*
    • Up x 3
  15. DorianOmega

lol the magrider is also going to be able to reverse even faster now while able to still strafe which kind of throws that out, plus the update isnt even out so wtf are you talking about? making a conclusion on no evidence is nonsensical.
  16. NinjaTurtle

Those damn cheese eating surrender monkeys
    • Up x 2
  17. Alarox

It'll be about even. Magriders are getting the ability to circle strafe since they can move as fast backward as forward. The few Magriders that already do this are fairly tough to hit by comparison.

That being said, the Magrider will need looked at after this. 2/3 of its main advantages are strafing and accuracy on the move, which are being buffed on the other tanks.
    • Up x 2
  18. PastalavistaBB

Prepare for more Sundy TKing.
    • Up x 1
  19. CardinaI

I give you a secret hint: If driving a Prowler or Vanguard you can press A or D to turn 90°. After that you can press W or S to dodge bullets with 50-70 kp/h all while now having a stabilized turret.

The Magrider can dodge bullets by strafing with 20 kp/h. And no the former mentioned hint doesn't work for the magrider because it has a fixed turret and cannot even look in that direction.
    • Up x 2
  20. Jeslis

Could someone explain what bloom is in this game? I dont know enough.. and WHAT am I adjusting if I adjust it.. down or up? which is better? why?