PTS patch notes got posted in advance...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by libbmaster, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Maelthra

This must be why ZOE is doomed to be crap for the rest of time.
    • Up x 4
  2. Quiiliitiila

I'm…

I'm so ashamed :oops:
    • Up x 2
  3. DFDelta

QoL changes are great. All of them.

Tank changes don't make much sense to me.
    Selfquote from the other thread about those changes:
    • Up x 3
  4. minhalexus

Just wondering, what does Adjustable bloom mean?
  5. Ranik

The dev team has felt the need to repeat their mistakes for ages and never actually address any core issues. Don't expect competence from them any time soon.
  6. Codex561

Can you please explain what 'turn down bloom' means? Is it the bloom as in accuracy loss over sustained fire? Confused here...
  7. ColonelChingles

I believe it's lighting bloom, or that effect you get when you stare right into the sun.

Like this:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. Iridar51

I'm as confused as you are.
  9. Thardus

But can you kill someone by dropping it on them from the top of a Tech Plant?
    • Up x 4
  10. Bumbil

Watch out! This could be good or bad! Because if this means that the system prefers lagging players even more than in the past then prepare for far more confusing 1vs1 fights.

The other qol-changes are very cool.

The tank changes are strange.
  11. quatin

Refund my combat chassis. I bought it to increase reverse speed and it's now moved to racer.
    • Up x 4
  12. JP_Russell

Hopefully the ammo pack change means they figured out how to make it not clip partially through the ground and be hard to find and/or not supply ammo properly, rather than just reverting it to how it was around launch.

I love that it's not part of the ACE tool anymore for sure, though. Was always annoyed by the fact that deploying my turret put my ammo pack on cooldown and vice versa, nevermind the downtime of switching the ACE tool back and forth.
    • Up x 1
  13. Flag

The magrider change is nothing short of insulting.

I'm sure it's because Racer sees a higher usage than rival. Did they even consider that this is because rival is barely not worth using because it's benefit isn't really there?

To anyone who might have been wondering:
    No they are not listening to tankers. Not in the slightest.

They're not even bothering debating vehicles on the vehicle sub forum!
    (because apparently it's too niche, or something - I have not forgotten your post there RadarX)
    Why not?! This is even about vehicles!

I am angry now.
    • Up x 10
  14. eatcow0

The quality of life changes were much needed and I'm glad a lot of these old bugs are finally getting fixed. However, these tank changes are complete bull**** for magriders most explicitly, gravity, velocity, the nerf with the enforcer also seems uncalled for and I only play VS. I can't remember any tankers calling for these changes but instead offered alternative suggestions. Rival chasis needs to be reworked completely as it is not longer what we certed into and isn't worth certing into without a reworking. Since rival chasis is being changed into something we did not cert into for, a cert refund would be appropriate.
    • Up x 1
  15. Necron

Vanu tears taste like Grape Juice... go figure.

Love the fact that lower velocity and more gravity will add a tiny bit of skill to those tank drivers that just sit on a hill and spam hallways inside towers. More apogee = harder to get into the tight spaces.
    • Up x 1
  16. Klypto

• Up x 3
  17. Alarox

This is not a nerf to AI tanks. This is a nerf to AV tanks. The ones that kill the AI tanks.

You could reduce tank velocities to 100m/s and double the drop, HEAT and HE would still be effective at farming infantry because you don't need to directly hit them.
    • Up x 7
  18. Necron

Gravity is being increased by 1/3+ meaning the arc of the shot is going to be less flat and harder get through some of the tight spots. It's not a cure, just an adjustment to add a tiny fraction of skill. Right now it takes ZERO skill to farm infantry with a tank.
  19. Alarox

I have to aim higher and lead slightly more. Not much of a difference when you're relying on splash. It takes me 1-2 shots to get the drop, and then all I have to do is hit in the general direction of slow moving infantry.
    • Up x 1
  20. Necron

Like I said: NOT A CURE, just adds a tiny skill factor into what is right now a zero skill activity. At least you will HAVE to aim a bit instead of simply putting the reticle over the area and pressing LMB. A cure would be increasing gravity to 12 where you had to lob HE shells like mortars.