PTS notes 7/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ranik, Jul 1, 2014.

1. DFDelta

You're looking at it the wrong way.

Here are the 2 things that would happen with this change:

Less effective AV cannons in the AV role (lol) -> more people using HEAT, since it now only is one shell difference to AV, but still about 4 times as good at AI (I know I'd run a HEAT Vanny after those changes) -> more people capable of effectively killing infantry with HEAT cannons

Less people (no one sane, actually) running AV and better AV efficiency of HE leads to more people running HE who would have used HEAT now -> much more (slightly less dangerous) AI spam.

Less effective AV cannons makes it harder to use AV to actually kill the farmers.
    Currently if in a base surrounded be HE farmers we'd grab 2 or 3 AV MBTs/Lightnings, go kill them and then dump the tanks once we run out of vehicle targets.
    With those changes we'd probably switch to HEAT (since there is little difference now), kill the farmers, then take their place for ourselves and farm the Sundy with our somewhat effective AI cannons.

All those changes would do is produce more people running cannons that can hit infantry.
    • Up x 4
  2. Scr1nRusher

are you happy that forumside is going to cause damage to the game?

maybe you are because you are a apart of forumside.

don't let pride ruin something you enjoy/love.
  3. Hajj Podge

These MBT cannon changes are going to be downright awful all across the board. Remember the Liberator update from a couple months ago that made them incredibly overpowered? Yeah well these proposed changes will only do that for the Prowler which can already out DPS the other two MBTs without a problem. The Prowler will be hands down the best at everything, and that's just incredibly stupid. If you're going to do anything for tanks, give the Magrider an omni-directional Magburner and call it a day.
  4. Surmise

That's why? Hm then I say good work SOE people, if having fun in vehicles means farming out infantry rushing out of the spawn, or farming sunderers which is spawning players of average BR of 8 having more than half of them quit the game the next day.

I never understood the fact that SOE caters to air/tank people so much while they are pretty much an extreme minority of people when compared to those who play infantry mostly, actually I do understand, tank/air guys are more vocal, that's enough to destroy the game if they listen to the vocally active (which are in this case air and tank boys).

Let's be frank here, if you guys really wanted a tank vs tank game you would play world of tanks which is also f2p, what you really want is farming infantry since it's more rewarding in terms of getting rage tells and stat padding.
  5. Hajj Podge

Surmise, if you knew what you were talking about maybe people would listen to you.
    • Up x 8
  6. Surmise

Hajj Podge if you think i'm here to collect upvotes by posting gifs/9gag pictures for toddlers or to get people think like me, you are wrong. My advice to forumside, don't give words power. My point here is to make solid argument against unbalanced, useless, pointless stuff that is currently in the game, that ruins game's population and makes it less fun for new players.

In order for these arguments to have purpose here for the game, I need Devs to read them, that's all, to give them 2nd thoughts, hear other side of the story which most of people here don't care to hear or don't want to hear it on purpose or just like facading.
  7. Hajj Podge

If you don't like playing a combined arms game then you're in the wrong place, comrade.
    • Up x 9
  8. Surmise

If you think combined arms is farming from tank and aircraft Battle ranks 1-9 who are rushing from sunderer and spawn rooms all day for every chance you get and not fighting against actual air and tanks, you got it wrong comrade, especially wrong if you think that's fair.

There are a lot of tank and air game simulators out there to suit your needs, more balanced ones too, ps2 is an FPS game, first and foremost sorry.
  9. Doomzzg

I'll just keep shooting away on things like i always do. And hope for kills too
  10. Scr1nRusher

Sunrise I hope you realise that people who farm infantry with tanks & ESF's aren't actual Tankers & pilots.

actual tanks and pilots HUNT armor and air respectively.

they don't care about infantry unless they try to kill them
  11. Sixstring

Infantryside2 is real,lol even the rocket change was just catered for infantry. HA's can still infinite rocket spam tanks to death,LA's can fly around instagibbing everyone with C-4 and tanks are more vulnerable than ever. I really don't think I want to play this anymore,at first the game made sense and now especially just recently they're turning everything backwards infantry are the counter to EVERYTHING and the easiest,most efficient way to do it. A big part of this games draw is being pushed aside instead of fixing the simple problems #1 force people out of the spawn rooms,enough of them will make camping impossible #2 stop letting infantry AV dominate everything it's ridiculous how much range and damage free HA rockets have against vehicles while not even killing infantry and watching an LA fly over a tank and instantly murder it while a tank with anything but HE can barely defend itself makes you think do the devs play anything other than infantry themselves? I play infantry alot AND I fly and drive tanks often,the people who keep their feet on the ground have no idea how the vehicle game actually works probably because they tried once got killed realized how pointless and weak vehicles were in thier hands and now ask for nerfs on a part of the game they don't even use but get killed by.
  12. Iridar51

HEAT OHKs only on a direct hit now, and HE OHKs only within 1m.

Though you're right, I haven't considered this point of view.

Reducing effectiveness of HE against infantry and increasing its effectiveness against vehicles is the best thing they could've done next to outright deleting HE, or nerfing it to the ground. I can dream, but that probably won't happen.

To be honest I resent the fact that "anti infantry vehicle weapons" even exist in this game. Covering an entire area with an explosive barrage sounds epic on paper, but being on a receiving side of that sucks like nothing else.
  13. Scr1nRusher

they should have did this.... a LONG time ago.

it would have kept alot of people playing and saved there game from damage.
  14. DeadliestMoon

Yeah that's one thing tankers and pilots like to downplay.
  15. MasonSTL

.... you do realize that you use a first person perspective to aim a tank right? FPS doesn't only define infantry play.

Ok let me ask you this: If these changes go through, what is the point of pulling a tank? My guess is you would say "To kill other tanks." Alright but if there is no reason for either side to pull a tank, shazbot, you don't have a combined arms game.

The fine line that they are pushing with these changes is whether or not it is more effective to destroy enemy sunderers with infantry than it is with tanks. Because right now both are just as effective and this will make it worse and pretty much pointless to pull a tank.
    • Up x 2
  16. moriarrr-ceres

Even if Soe add more crates, rocks,etc....I will continue to see brainless randoms running in front of tanks. They DON'T use covers, They don't redeploy and they will never stop complain about vehicles, even with all this nerfs.
    I have less and less hope of seeing more differents vehicles, or exotics weapons in this game apart hats.
    I just wan't to have a good experience whatever if i play infantry or vehicle, i want to take my harasser,my liberator, my friends gunners and have FUN.
    Hossin was a great step forward, they need to add content, polish the game (and maybe a better tutorial, right click to rez .....;) )
    But they need to stop changing everything each patch, it's bad for everyone(we need to readapt) and SOE lose precious time for nothing good.
    • Up x 2
  17. Klypto

No, it's not. But that is what SOE is forcing me to do with this update.

Massive increase in HE and HEAT equip rates with a drop in AP. How is this better for infantry?

Combined arms is that tank farming infantry and then being destroyed within minutes by anti-tank tanks such as myself and aircraft or very brave foot soldiers. If they didn't exist than the purposed of those tanks, aircraft and brave soldiers wouldn't exist.

There are a lot of infantry simulators out there to suit your needs, more balanced ones too, ps2 is a combined arms FPS game, first and foremost, especially since the definition of FPS does exclusively mean infantry, but the the type of gameplay.

That's why I currently play this game though. My "job" in the game is to protect people from that experience by eliminating that threat. It's not SOE's job to hold our hands while we play and keep us from getting hurt.
    • Up x 1
  18. DxAdder

If your not wearing Rank 5 Flak the RL will still kill you.

I boggle at the tank changes....
    • Up x 1
  19. OldMaster80

Imho these patch notes make no sense, maybe only the rocket launcher changes are ok. Maybe.
    • Up x 1
  20. dedgaem

Changes to rocket launchers are understandable.

Changes to tank guns are beyond ridiculous: inconsistent, non in line with what developers express they are trying to achieve, hazardous for dedicated tankers (when you make it so, that dedicated vehicle players now have to think twice or three times before pulling their favorite vehicle, then you probably have forgotten what the final objective of (your) a game is) and all in all very contradictory.

Developers keep asking for feedback to the changes they make, yet the feeling that there is a master plan which will be brought into reality regardless of the feedback given by their (beta)testers can't be no longer ignored. We have seen this over and over and I am starting to think all these feedback they ask for is nothing a mere facade. The only feedback you have taken from dedicated players at all has been in the infantry department.

You sell us this game as a combined arms game. Your game is becoming an epic mmorpg like game, where a bunch of no names kill dragons, trolls, gods and what not so they feel like real heroes. You shouldn't be proud of false advertisement SoE. I call ********.
    • Up x 3