[PSA] Striker changes from last nights Higby Pls

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by T0x1s, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Kirppu1

2. Kirppu1

[IMG] How about you take your seat over there
  3. SteamBoiler

I'm one of those few guys who likes the striker as it is now. The striker is my second highest scoring weapon with 407 kills all post nerf. I never got to experience the old OP striker.

But all I'm saying is that I really enjoyed using it on the public test realm. The velocity is decent. I like having the scope for precision shots and the ability to fire this launcher from the hip in close range. Sure the damage might feel low but that doesn't make it useless. I've had decent success using this on the PTR. I really like the coyote mechanic, it's fun to me and really isn't that hard to hit ESFs with.

It's a dumbfire launcher with a lock on mechanic. It needs to be balanced around this fact. Many people on this forum are looking for a straight upgrade to the dumbfire launcher.

This is a good all around weapon that allows you to pressure both air and ground alike, without being overpowered. I have fun using this weapon and will continue to use it if it goes live as it is.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ransurian

The revamped Striker's TTK against vehicles is simply too low. It can't even one-clip a flash, and most ground vehicles aren't going to sit in one place for 20 - 30+ seconds and allow a Striker user to connect all five shots per magazine, to begin with. And it takes a *lot* of Striker ammo to kill a ground vehicle.

The Striker was gimped. It's worse than any dumbfire by miles and miles, and its low damage against air and lack of ability against fast-moving aerial targets past close range makes it substantially worse than lock-ons for most scenarios.
    • Up x 3
  5. K2k4

TLDR rest of thread.. what if Striker was 9 rounds in a mag and had a second fire mode that shot 3 rounds at a time. the strikehammer.
  6. xArchAngelx

But this is where you are mistaken. It would pressure both air and ground alike if it did more damage. I'm not talking about making it a 500 dmg per rocket launcher. But it desperately needs to have a buff in the damage department.

right now, the starting ML-7 rocket launcher does 1,885 damage per rocket (before resist modifiers). It is a pure dumbfire. No coyote mechanics. The Striker, as currently on PTS, does 750 damage per clip BEFORE RESISTS. This means that if the vehicle has plating, the Striker will be worthless.

No one can make an argument of: "Well if you get a group of 5 people to use this, it will be deadly". Yeah..but thats true about every other single Rocket Launcher in the game and NOT just the Striker.

You are correct in only that this weapon will not be overpowered. However, it will be so worthless, that it will probably never be used.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ztiller

Explosive damage does not apply to vehicles. The ML-7 deals 1135 damage per clip, and the Striker 500.

The Phoenix also deals (IIRC) 750 damage per clip. As you said, this is without armor resistances so it's a pointless metric unless you're planning on making an anti-infantry launcher. Only then is the explosive damage actually relevant.

I really wish people would educate themselves about how the game actually works before talking balance.
    • Up x 1
  8. xArchAngelx

Ztiller, why do you always have to come in and have to be so toxic about facts that you know nothing about.

1: ALL Rockets when they hit, hit for both the Direct and indirect damage.
    2: The Phoenix doesn't have a clip. It fires single Rockets. You want to start comparing single Projectiles? Okay, the Striker does 150 for one Projectile. The Phoenix does 750. You want to add resists? Okay. A Sunderer has a -50% resists against a Striker, but a Sunderer has a -100% resist against a Phoenix. MBT? Striker: -50%..Phoenix: -167%.
    • Up x 2