[PSA] Striker changes from last nights Higby Pls

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by T0x1s, Sep 11, 2014.

1. T0x1s

Velocity - Will be increased to something similar to the fractures.

Magazine and ammo reserve - Increased. Magazine to 6-7 but not more.

Rpm - Will most likely get increased as well.

Damage - Will stay the same.

I think this is pretty good changes and i am glad they decided to do something to improve Striker 2.0.

What are your thoughts?
    • Up x 4
  2. S7rudL

Add press and hold the mouse button to fire instead of clicking,..
    • Up x 11
  3. T0x1s

Did he say that or is it only a thing you want? :0
    That would ba amazing tho
    • Up x 1
  4. FieldMarshall

Happy about these changes and glad that they didnt overbuff things. (only to later overnerf)
    Having to reload after shooting 5 rockets into a Flash and not destroy it was my first impressions of it. I was not amused.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ztiller

Correction. For now they have only increased velocity. They have talked about MAYBE adding more rounds to the magazine and MAYBE increasing RPM. Don't start throwing around "Maybes" as hard facts.

Personally, i don't think the Striker should be released with any more buffs than the current PTS + Velocity buff. I would rather have it released in a slightly too weak state, than have the TR completely screw over vehicle balance for another 5 months.

The Striker, if given a larger mag, will approach "Replace ML-7 = Win" and then every single aircraft approaching TR territory will be met with a storm of uncounterable missiles.
    • Up x 4
  6. dstock

Oh, they are removing flares/smoke from vehicles?
    • Up x 3
  7. Ztiller

Why don't you go ask a pilot how good Flares are at countering coyote spam, hmm?
    • Up x 4
  8. gigastar

Im fine with a velocity increase.

Impartial to a magazine and/or RoF increase as long as it doesnt push the TTK too far below the MLG-7, Pheonix and Lancer.
  9. Chrispin

If all of those changes went through, then that would be plenty to justify using the Striker. Personally I don't think increasing the Striker missile velocity alone to match a Fracture will do much to help it though. That's a change from 150m/s to 180m/s. Hardly a difference there. Try killing an ESF/tank with a single Fracture that does 100 damage instead of 220 and has 5 rounds instead of 10. It needs one or both of those magazine/RPM buffs to justify using it over other launchers. That's what I predict anyway.
    • Up x 1
  10. Chrispin

...now go ask a pilot how good simply holding down space bar is at countering Striker spam. Oh wait, you don't have to ask:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...er_revamp_thoughts_as_a_pilot_flying_against/

Coyote users have the benefit of being able to maintain a close distance to the target aircraft. Infantry don't have that luxury.
    • Up x 3
  11. Ztiller

Dear god, how many times do people have to explain to you that the damage is completely unrelated to how much damage it actually deals towards vehicles?
    • Up x 1
  12. Kunavi

Ahh, good start, we should really test this first.
    *Reads 90% of that list is MAYBE* OK, then just the velocity increase won't cut it. Make it like the Fractures? Those are 2, are fired much faster, have larger mag and larger reserves and still don't do their job.

As TR right now, the Certs I'd amass from getting back what I paid for, for TR specific items which were then made USELESS, would probably reach about 7-8K... And that doesn't include items I knew were going to be really bad but paid for either way just for novelty and out of high hopes and hype- Nor items that were useless to begin with, like MAX Lock-Down fully Certed or the Ranger. So the latter is NS but it's still wasted Certs; Speaking of NS reminded me of the Valkyrie train wreck... 10K Certs or so down the drain to fully equip a Valk. But back to TR specific; 2 Fractures, Striker, Vulcan, Vulcan H, Marauder, Marauder H, MCG and that's just off the top of my head. What a waste.

I'm not saying all that because I want my Certs back, rather because I thought they were going to drag the Striker out of that list and that MAYBE they could do the same for the rest. Ain't happening, I now know. And to top it off, there's all those people saying the Striker is pure PwNaGe as it is on PTS. So yeah it's not going to happen, the QQ is too strong. Even if we get a good Striker after all we'll have to wait YEARS for the rest of the TR stuff to stop being sub par... And to think I had actually paid cash for the Striker and the MCG and a couple of other things...

...FML for rolling TR, is all I say more often than not when SOE decides to tease us. Seriously. And from where I am there is no going back either.
    • Up x 2
  13. DatVanuMan

I still think they should increase damage by a bit. Otherwise, the changes are nice.
    • Up x 2
  14. T0x1s

Ok it is alot of maybe but people calm your ****.
    After last Higby plz stream we now know they are working on it and will most likely buff it.

Guys just stay calm and let them work on it and we will see what it will become.
  15. gigastar

Its worth pointing out that most vehicles have negative resistance values to the Striker, which is exactly why it does so little damage on paper.

Lancer and Pheonix also have the same treatment, which is why they do so little damage on paper.
  16. Furluge

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I personally would have a larger magazing with faster rpg and larger magazine rather than buffing damage, even if both methods would have the same TTK. More rockets in the air is always going to be more in theme and with the way it is now more rockets are going to be missing than ever before.
  17. BarxBaron

The velocity he showed is a start but it needs:
    1. At least 6 or 7 rockets to a clip.
    2. More ammo im reserve.
    3. Keep same dmg
    4. Fires faster (not by much)
    5. Longer reload then what it currently has.

Fits TR's bigger mags, more ammo, faster firing rate comparitively (usually), bad reload speeds (usually).
    Can tune overall dps around its clip, RPM, and reload to keep it balanced. Keep dmg low imo, I'm not a dirty merc with their cheeseball alpha guns, magnets, and shotguns pellets.

Allows it to have "alpha" when used close or vs stationary unaware vehicles.
    Firing at things on the move will be much harder and it will lose effectiveness.

Versus the lancer it needs to have more dmg in a clip vs clip scenario vs a pot shot (non charge) lancer.
    Lancer velocity/ability to hit on-the-move vehicles + charge versus Striker coyote-to-air + clip.

TBH though I'd be fine if they took away coyote vs air. Reduced the flare of each rocket. Made each clip much larger. Keep velocity at the speed Higby showed us. Make gravity affect the rockets MUCH less.

................because that would truly bring back my beloved rocklet rifle ;) (well, one with a bonus clip size!)
    • Up x 2
  18. Furluge

According to a previous Higby Pls the rocklet rifle has been given to a developer to start work on.
    • Up x 2
  19. BarxBaron

LOL ORLY?

Sweet. Didn't see that one.
  20. AdmiralArcher

enough times that someone says you are wrong

the damage listed is the direct damage

the amount of damage it does to each vehicle is based on resistances to that particular weapon.

so it is actually related to the actual damage a gun does
    • Up x 4