[PSA] Go onto the Test Server VR to get a taste of what the Devs have planned for the class

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ztiller, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Dramma Lamma

I got nearly everything i wanted.

Still want.

1.) A way for dedicated snipers to get to high ground other than stairs, like a grappling hook in the tool slot. You must be visible to shoot it and it can only be used once every 8+ minutes to prevent infils from becoming light assault.

2.) A suit option that makes your stealth function like it did in PS1, in exchange you don't get a primary weapon. Bring back the PS1 style infiltrator please.
  2. DeathSparx

I'm all for the grappling hook. It would open tons of options to our current day infiltrators.

As for Spectre Cloaking, it's one of those things that fits into one of the niches of playstyle for the infiltrator. I don't expect the duration will be very long but it should be somewhere between the hunter cloak and nano-armor cloaking times. It would be similar to playing with nano-armor cloaking in that you can't really use your cloak all that often but it's reliable when you do use it. Good for clutch-type infiltrators. Atleast, that's what I'm hoping it would be if implemented.
  3. giltwist

I think I could handle the 6 second duration of a 100% invisibility cloak if we got that Adrenaline Pump cert like LA's get. The real issue is not duration so much as it is the average distance between places to hide. Just adding a few more barrels to bases would help tremendously.
  4. Skeith

to be completely fair they should increase the duration of the hunter cloak to 20 seconds

and give to the specter cloak 10 or 12 seconds duration

the timer of the hunter cloak is for those limited duration fast actions

but an imperfect cloak should have unlimited or at the very least an high duration

i havent seen so far a game with an imperfect cloak with a timer on it

blacklight avp and killzone all have those imperfect cloaks but logically enough they dont have a duration

i guess that this one will be quoted by ztiller with another one of his blablabla,please dude refrain im getting sick of talking with you about the cloak
  5. Astraka

It seems like a 7 second (assuming Spectre is similar to NAC) perfect cloak with no weapon limitation or way to detect it is powerful enough as it is. Increase its duration or decrease its recharge time and you're liable to make it really overpowered or at a minimum a clear upgrade over Hunter Cloaking, which should not be the goal given PS2s (supposed) philosophy of sidegrades, not upgrades.
  6. Rhyl

If this was done I'd want my nano armor cloak increased but honestly I find the cloak times fine. Specter will allow you to run, even with a short duration, right past people who are actively looking around. Specter cloak, say you fired a recon dart and someone is about to come through the door, will completely hide you as they walk right past you completely unaware you were even there as you're 100% invisible. Specter cloak will allow you to run around a large rock where there's a bunch of enemies, 100% invisible, and start wrecking havoc.

Specter will allow you to run past someone up the stairs of a facility even with it's short duration completely undetected. We don't really need a buff to the timers.
    • Up x 1
  7. Skeith

i see it grim if the cloak lasted 7 seconds,unless they add more barrels and more place to wait the cloak to recharge

still i dont know if the specter would suffice with this duration,it's going to request some testing for sure

that said,i bet my balls that ill never use the hunter cloak ever again if specter gets released not even if it lasts 3 seconds
  8. Dr. Euthanasia

Funny you should mention Blacklight. Its cloak was actually 100% effective if you stood still - although without an HRV blackout, people would just run up and shoot you easily because they all still knew where you were.

One thing's certain, though. Spectre Cloaking is going to need a quiet sound to be worth much of anything for real infiltration.
  9. Astraka

It will just require a little more forethought before running around using it, which isn't a terrible thing really. I mean think about it, you have a cloak where you are completely invisible, you are able to equip all Infiltrator weapons as usual, and other players literally have no way to detect you when it is activated aside from spray-n-pray. Theoretically one could run uncloaked until you actually need to use it, and then you are able to run relatively unmolested for however long it would last. It would not technically be infiltration by the definition some use here, but it would be very effective nonetheless.

After thinking about it further, if Spectre were implemented it would probably have to have a shorter duration compared to NAC simply because otherwise it would almost completely negate NAC. Why would I want to have 30% more damage mitigation on an imperfect cloak that lasts only 7 seconds as an 'Oh crap!' button when I could choose complete invisibility for the exact same duration. If my opponent can't see me they will be hard pressed to hurt me after all. Maybe it could have the same duration as NAC but actually increases the damage you take by a significant amount as a balancing factor, or perhaps Hunter & NAC could have a boosted duration.

I leave those technical decisions to the developers.
  10. Rhyl

Nano Armor Cloak only lasts 7 seconds and it's the only cloak I use. It's not really grim either you just need to be more cautious in it's use. I don't rely on my cloak 100% it does exactly what it needs to do when I need it. My cloak exists as a shield to support my escape, to assist in my life expectancy during reload, getting caught out in the open, to break spot, and allow me to escape notice from those who are far away. This is what I use my cloak for and it does it's job rather well.
  11. Astraka

I'm really interested in seeing exactly how you play, and am still waiting for a stream from you. ;)
  12. Rhyl

I know. I'm still waiting for my wife to help set it up. :D
  13. Vinakis

Hunter for moving between cover while sniping, Spectre for those times when I'm actually infiltrating as an infiltrator. Sounds good to me.
  14. Kon

You missed it

[IMG]
  15. giltwist

Looks like the third level of cloaking (still and crouched) has been removed on the test server. It might have been taking out on the live server already, but I haven't checked yet.
  16. Riekopo

I think orbital strikes should be a squad and/or platoon leader tool not a class tool.
  17. DeathSparx

Yeah, but infiltrator's still need some sort of way to deal with most vehicles besides flashes...but I agree. It should be a cert tree under "Squad Leader".
  18. Ripshaft

Everything except the smg and os are items that were present since early beta, but either cut or not added to the game. Sorry =/
  19. TintaBux

+1
  20. TownCryer8

Release da Vanu sidearms!