[PSA] Go onto the Test Server VR to get a taste of what the Devs have planned for the class

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Ztiller, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Ztiller

Now, before you all start celebrating, just know that...

there is no guarantee that any of these things will be implemented.

So far they are probably ideas. And just like all ideas, they need to be looked over before they can be implemented. However, these are some things i have found so far:

NOTE: None of these things are actually equippable in-game. You can look at their descriptions, but you cannot actually add them to any loadout. It is impossible to know how any of these things works.

Orbital Strikes:

[IMG]

New Sniper Rifles:

[IMG]

New SMGs:

[IMG]

New Sidearms:

[IMG]

New Suit Boosts.

[IMG]

New Cloaks:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

And just to show how "incomplete" this is, and that you shouldn't start celebrating:

[IMG]
    • Up x 8
  2. Astraka

I'm particularly excited about getting high velocity ammunition on my knife.
    • Up x 25
  3. Syphers

That new hunter cloaking NICE, new pistols, knife upgrades YES
    • Up x 1
  4. Timeraider

Haha.. yea..

and ofcourse advanced forward grip for my knife... surely that will help when you have shaky hands :p
  5. Get2dachoppa

Haste Cloaking seems interesting but....90% more damage???

Its bad enough we already have 100 less hit points so we're already the squishiest class in the game. I don't know how much of a speed increase that would give but that drawback seems awfully high. My first instinct is to just stick with a cloaked Wraith if I want speed + cloaking. Plus it has the extra benefit of running people over.
  6. Dragonblood

That spectre cloak sounds useful for CQC combat.
  7. Dr. Euthanasia

Spectre Cloaking? Acceptable.
    • Up x 6
  8. Skeith

idd my friend idd
  9. OldMaster80

I'm not 100% but I believe this is just some old stuff that devs removed from the game during beta and it's currently "discontinuted" waiting to decide if it's worth to be implemented. I've seen the Melee Boost and the Haste Cloaking device during beta.
    BTW I think both these new cloaking devices are terrible. If that's what's coming in the future then I'm fine with the Hunter Suite. Who cares if I move faster, if I take so much damage? 90% more damage is insta-death if they even shot me with a Beamer.
    The Spectre also seems quite useless to me: perfect invisibility is fine, but if the cloaking last less than 10-12 seconds, who cares? This is not a tool for infiltration, this is another device to run after enemies and kill them with the SMG. Personally this is not what I need.

I think just the pistols could be implemented, after all they're in the roadmap and they're scheduled for April so they might be in the GU07.
    • Up x 1
  10. Dr. Euthanasia

If I want a new cloak from SOE, I can either suggest one and essentially design it myself, or I can ask them for something they've already designed but discontinued. The latter is more likely to meet with results, hence why I support Stalker Camouflage even though it isn't really what I want.

Depends on how fast you move. It should help us stay in enemy lines of sight for less time, but admittedly I'm not a fan of this one either.

Not run after, run past. A short duration, perfect, and mobile cloak isn't ideal for me, but it's still vastly superior to Hunter Stealth. I'll actually be able to use it in the presence of enemies and know that it'll do something. Right now, I only ever turn on Hunter Stealth when it doesn't matter to me whether it's active or not - situations where my shields aren't trying to recharge and I don't have any intention of shooting, unless of course it's a long range engagement or I suspect that I've been spotted.
    • Up x 1
  11. Astraka

In all honesty this is really exciting, so much so that I'm worried I'm getting my hopes up. Even if it only lasted seven seconds and took 14 seconds to recharge (similar to Nano-Armor) I would be all over it. No more would I have to run the gauntlet hoping for Lady Luck's favor. I am nearly guaranteed with judicious cloak use to get where I want to go.

I pray to Vanu that it gets put in.
  12. Element515

should have a cloak to look like the enemies around you... like team fortress, shoot and instant off. Knives only?
  13. Rift23

Spectre cloak+melee boost sounds pretty cool. Like a ninja.
    • Up x 1
  14. SpeckEye

I want a flashlight for my knife like I have for my RAMS .50.
  15. OldMaster80

What I mean is I don't think this stuff is on the Test Server because it's going to be implemented. It's not a preview of what's coming, it's an overview of the old stuff that devs eventually decided not to introduce in the game. It happened the same to tons of other items (corrosive grenades, deployable shields etc.) ;)
  16. Dr. Euthanasia

It doesn't have to be on their to-do list right now - I can ask for it to be put there. That there's a name behind the idea, and that the idea was considered by a qualified game designer working for SOE, is all I need to know.
  17. Ztiller

That wouldn't work. why? Because TF2 doesn't have friendly fire. With cloaks that make you look like the enemy you would end up with half a thousand teamkills and ragequits.
    • Up x 2
  18. Wobberjockey

if i recall correctly, the lightyear = the parallax? the 2 were using names fairly interchangeably shortly after it was introduced...
  19. Dragonblood

Maybe they should just use the standard gamedesign for infiltrators of other games.......the ability to be flagged as friendly unit for the enemy.
  20. Rhyl

| prefer the current cloak over that to be honest. Our cloak isn't that bad. I really do get annoyed when people keep suggesting to make it something else. Suggest for a perfect invisbility cloak with drawbacks to make it balanced? Fine. But I don't want the cloak "removed" or "replaced." I like what we have now.
    • Up x 2