PS2 is unplayable.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by UltraTech, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Osskscosco

Yeah, spending 5k on a PC is truly ridiculous.
    • Up x 2
  2. ScorpDK

As I said on another thread, try to clean your system a bit. It worked for me when I got barely 8-12 fps, now I get 40-70.

Some of the actions we took on my PC included:
    - Deleting Prefetch files
    - Clearing out all the temp files
    - Cleaning and defragmentation of the registry
    - Disabling unnecessary services

Programs like CCleaner, Auslogic BoostSpeed and similar have the necessary tools to perform these actions. I can't guarantee 100% success, but it's better to try and see if this fixes it, rather than rant on the forums for hours.
  3. TheAppl3

If you're at slideshow frame rates (<20) with a $5,000 rig:

A) It was $5,000....ten years ago
    B) You have ALL of the malware
    C) You're lying
    D) It's an Athlon II, 2GB RAM, a GTS450, and $4,600 worth of hard drives :p

$5,000 is an idiotic (my opinion) sum to spend on a computer. $1,500 is already at the point of severely diminishing returns.
  4. GalaxiphantOne

I did all of your suggestions and still have the issue. I really think this is a Radeon specific thing that happened on the last patch. Radeon users seem to be the only people complaining about it.
  5. SikVvVidiT

I find it rather comical that the usual trolls come in to a the tech forums with their "nothing wrong here" comments. Begs the question why are you even on the tech forums in the first place. Why are you not:

A: In Game playing this amazingly optimized game.
    B: On a different forum talking about this amazing optimized game.
    C: Adding something useful to this thread, maybe like what you have done to get this amazing optimized game to play so well on your "amazing PC".

I call BS since none of those things are happening.

BTW I am having the same issues as MOST other people except the very few who have ZERO problems and have never had ANY issues with Planetside... 2...
    • Up x 1
  6. werzinator

If you're still having de-sync issues, check your ping. Fast internet /= good ping, which is probably the most important factor in PC gaming.

Test your ping at pingtest.net
  7. BlackDove

Considering you can easily spend $20,000 on a desktop computer, or $50,000 for a good workstation, that's not that bad.
  8. Osskscosco

Considering for 600 dollars you can run everything on high and for 1000 you won't have a problem in the next 4-5 years, it's bad.
    • Up x 1
  9. BlackDove

$600 doesn't get you a PC that will run everything on high, especially not PS2. An i5 starts at about $180, a 650Ti BOOST is about $170, a decent cheap motherboard is about $90, Windows is $100 for an OEM copy, a 1TB HDD is $70.

That's $610 and that doesn't include a PSU(about $60-250 depending on the requirements), UPS(about$100), RAM(about $50-80), a case(about $80), an optical drive($20) a monitor($150 for a good cheap one). That's another $450 or so.

So, you can build something decent that would run PS2 on high settings for about $1000, but a complete system for $600 gets you a Pentium and a low end GPU, assuming you don't cheap out on the actual quality of the rest of the components.
  10. GalaxiphantOne

Its not my ping. I've tested it on two different high speed connections and I get the same problems on both.
  11. Osskscosco

Buying windows?

Aww, so cute.
    • Up x 1
  12. Luxx

Same here, game is now barely playable more than a few minutes at a time. PhysX3_x86.dll crash. Worst since this morning. (they enabled PhysX didn't they?)
    -50 points for SOE on this issue.
  13. Stray Cat

Are you serious? Maybe you're talking Singaporean Dollars or HK Dollars.... not US $20,000
  14. Stray Cat

shhhh
  15. TomaHawk

Yea, and a tank shell landing at my feet should never kill me in one shot, amirite?

[IMG]
  16. Stray Cat

Just wondering... has anyone tried playing with video-out to one of those HDMI flat TVs that has an interpolation engine? Like Samsung or LG (hell, even Sony makes these). It takes 60fps input, interpolates every two frames and draws an extra frame in between, and in effect you're watching 120fps video. It's eye-gravy, extremely smooth. Crappy bootlegged videos tend to look pretty cool. I'm bringing this up because, after maxing out your rig specs, this type of TV would be the cherry on top.
  17. BlackDove

Yeah, I actually buy my software. What's wrong with that? Are you implying that you steal Windows?
  18. BlackDove

http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/4U/7047/SYS-7047GR-TPRF.cfm

A system like that, with the CPU's($6000+) GPU's($15,000) and RAM($12,000) can easily get to $50,000. That's not including the OS, HDD/SSD's several thousand for a RAID array or even more for an SSD array, the very expensive case(a couple thousand) and redundant 1620W PSU's, or the two $2,000 UPS's you'd need to independently back each PSU up, and that doesn't include a monitor. Professional monitors are easily $10-20,000 alone, with 4K monitors being around $30,000.

http://www.velocitymicro.com/wizard.php?iid=194 I got that up to $57,000 pretty easily with 8 GPU's in it. That doesn't include any peripherals either.
  19. RobotNinja

Shenanigans.
  20. plat0nic

You're kidding me right? Do you have any idea of the kind of CPU's or GPU's go into that thing? They aren't for ******* gaming that's for sure..Why the **** would you run a RAID array of SSD's cards for gaming? Why would you run 8 workstation GPU's for gaming? Why would you run server processors, let alone multiple xeon server cpu's for gaming? Redundant power supplies?? ppfffttt

We're talking about tricked up Honda civics here and you come in here spouting off pricing for top of the line Mac Semi's. None of what you said could be anymore irrelevant if you tried so stop trolling and start making sense
    • Up x 1