PS2 is unplayable.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by UltraTech, Mar 27, 2013.

1. UltraTech

I dont know ahat are you patching every time but currently this game is unplayable.
    * Every 10-15 minutes i have to restart client to fix DAMAGE NOT REGISTER bug.
    * Every time I close client it rises program exception.
    * Almost every time I'm closing to large battle the game crashes.
    (losing what i bought for resourses)
    * Almost every time i have desync in large battles and have to restart client to get desync in several minutes again.

That must be shame for sony's programmers.

/ps
    I have powerfull PC and 50 mbit internet channel.
    • Up x 1
  2. Baaleron

1. Quadruple loading screens in the middle of giant tank battles
    2. Desync in large battles. many momments of not being able to see whats going on, then having the game catch up all at once
    3. guns replaying the reloading animation and not being able to fire even though it has full ammo.
    4. The invisible tank round bug is still happening.
    5. Opposing faction players making "spies" spamming yelling, music, team killing and generally making it un fun for the people who truely play the faction.
    6. Out of sync vengeance kills. Killing an emeny and him/her hit the ground, having their death message pop up, then being killed by them half a second later.
    I have faith that they are working on all of these things, since a lot of them are big ones
    • Up x 1
  3. Osskscosco

I have a trash internet and i've never got desync'd so far. :eek:
    • Up x 2
  4. Baaleron

You are lucky then. My internet is not trash at all, nor is my computer, But that tells me it must be some kind of lag correction error. Maybe i need to reinstall the game or something.
  5. MasterTater

Was gone by the patch 230313 - everything ran smooth with 60-100 FPS and no descync Client=> Server communication Issues.

With today´s patch 270313 - all described problems are back.

=> UNPLAYABLE GAME

=> NO MONEY ANYMORE TO SOE AS LONG AS THE
    GAME DOES NOT RUN SMOOTHLY FOR AT LEAST 2 MONTH IN A ROW
  6. TheAppl3

Out of curiosity, PC specs?

I have none of the issues you mention. I had the crash on close issue previously but it has since stopped occurring.
  7. Baaleron

CPU: i5 quad 2400, 6mb L3 cache
    RAM: 8 gig
    Mobo: Asus P8H67- Mpro
    GPU: Hd radeon 4890 2gig
    SSD: N/A
    HDD: 2x500gig + 1 TB all 7200RPM
    PSU: 750 W (name I can't remember, sounded french lol)
    Case: Antec 3 (its a gamer case with a ton of fans)

Lots of room for improvement but more than sufficient to play planetside 2
  8. Hatamoto

Im not giving them any money because the game runs @ 38-40 fps in large battles ... this slows down reaction time and makes me feel sick, not traits im looking for in an fps, and thus is not willing to pay for. The games i pay for deliver atleast a 50-60 fps shooter experience. The scale of planetside doesnt matter to me anymore because the basic need for an fps to be functional has not been met in ps2 ... add as much cool eepic content as you like, it will not be paid for untill i can feel i get shooter framerate in huge battles, the main focus of the game.

This isnt even planetside so good luck hooking veterans for any longer period with the crappy ps1 nostalgia patches you are releasing. I dont agree with how you choose to screw up your IPs by not allocating enough development time and resources to them. Blizzard, even though they mostly suck atm, atleast know when they have something good going on and releases when its done. Shape up SOE you are looking like amateurs in the gaming industry. Im sure you could get a better rep but that would require some core company mentalities to get an overhaul i think.
  9. Osskscosco

Crying because only getting 40 FPS lol, this is hilarious.
  10. GlowingPotato

Good old days... smooth FPS
  11. Igoryak

same problem here on Miller, i5 and radeon 6850
  12. Hatamoto

You know whats hilarious, apart from mullets and e-sports? A game that cant utilize more than 1/3 of a systems resources to attain smooth framerate. I wasnt crying about anything, just pointing out where the main fail for me as a serious shooter fan lies. I know im not alone in thinking fps is king.
  13. MaxHubert

The game crashes for me every 30-60 minutes or right after respawn, basicaly, it can crash at anytime.

In event viewer here is the error I get :

Event ID : 1000

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51535edb
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51535edb
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0186d9f2
    Faulting process id: 0x1670
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce2bc35dc596d8
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Report Id: 510ae9cb-97c9-11e2-a3db-bc5ff489cda6
  14. GalaxiphantOne

The game is unplayable for me as well. I have a Radeon graphics card too and I see those are the ones who seem to also have the problems. Is this a problem with the patch and Radeon cards????

Right now I have soldiers literally zapping everywhere all around me. Walking on air, teleporting, whatever you want to call it. Tanks do the same thing. When I move my character it is very choppy but it is telling me I"m getting 40-50 fps. Trust me, I"m not getting that. The I go to a big battle and run around for a bit fighting, game hangs, then crashes. It's been like this since yesterday.

I tried reinstalling my display driver just to see if that was the issue. It didn't fix anything. This sucks and I hope it gets fixed. A patch has never screwed me up so bad as whatever happened yesterday.
  15. Roxputin

$5000 dollar gaming rig and getting slide shows running this game. Ridiculous.
  16. Hatamoto

Hilarious even?
  17. Roxputin

2 x u3011
    gtx 580 sli 3gb
    maximus gene v
    haf x blue edition
    2 loop water cooled
    "ex-blc-901 x2
    ex-rad-186 x2
    ex-rad-321 x1
    ex-tub-628 x4
    ex-rad-154 x1
    ex-blc-977 x1
    ex-tub-1044 x14
    ex-pmp-84 x2
    ex-res-242 x1
    ex-tub-27 x2
    ex-tub-705 x2
    fan-686 x2
    fan-456 x2
    ex-tub-190 x20 "

logitech g510
    klipche promedia
    fata1ity recon
    roccat Kone
    roccat kave
    crucial m4 ssd
    1 tb caviar black
    im tired you add it up son
  18. Paulus

Not bad, but $5k? wow, i guess my personaly built rig is worth about $8k by that price guide.

You've got some nice components, but i can't see the important stuff. For example, what clockspeed is your CPu running at? I know you have water cooling and an i5 Sandybridge, but that doesn't give me any indication on GHz.

You have a decent graphics card, so that should be able to handle "High" so long as your CPU is keeping up, SLi is a bit squiffy atm, so i'd say you're almost better off turning that off for PS2. Not sure why you listed all the components that went into makign your water cooling system, thats a bit irrelevent to performance. Simply put, a rig like my main machine is running a sensible overclock of 4.5GHz and with a lower model graphics card achieves 110 FPS on Esamir at the WG as a high, and it dips to about 35 in multi-platoon base fights. What FPS are you considering "a slide show" and could you provide some more useful info regarding your CPU. Thanks :)
  19. Roxputin

My rig is running at 4.5GHz. Both GPUs are slightly OCd to 833MHz. I run on ultra settings but it does not matter if I set all the setting to medium with fog shadows off. It still gets 30-50 in major fights. I run with Vsync on with triple buffer most of the times because I get tearing while flying

@ 2560x1600 is very hard to keep @ 60 fps.

I bumped my speed up to 4.8 and It made no difference what so ever. Turned the game off while watching a slide show at Alatum biolab.

speed

[IMG]

i have seen better..i have seen worse
  20. MaxHubert

I found out how to fix my own crash, I got this program with my motherboard that controls my internet priority called xfast lan its from asrock anyway, planetside 2 wasnt in there so I guess the priority for it was very low too, so I added it up, set it up to highest priority and no more crash, atleast for now, the games seems alot more fluid too and less sloppy, cheers.