Ppa Farm!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Darthjackn, Oct 15, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

the mag size reduction is to prevent people from dunking too hard on people

the only problem i really had with it on test is the MAX unit resistance is totally ******, it kills a valk REALLY REALLY fast, and same harrassers, it can 1 mag or less kill them, (valk is way less) but it takes nearly 1.5 mags to kill 1 MAX unit without any flak armor
  2. Shadowomega

Considering that the current CoF changes look like its going to spread like the Vulcan, good luck not not hitting yourself. Also post Marauder buff its KPU and KPH for a few days shot up to the current PPA level then dipped back down as less and less people used it.

But if they really want to change it reduce the splash damage/splash radius, increase the direct hit damage and return it to its old Dual Purpose HEAT weapon it was before hand.
  3. Xasapis

Why would anyone run the Prowler with a secondary, when the main cannon is still such a beast?
  4. Draczar

To be fair a Valk gets killed faster than an ESF with an LMG in my experience, as well as leaves falling off of trees, so it's hardly game changing :p
  5. Thesweet

Pretty dam good. If they implemented my ideas this game would be as good as me, effen awesome.
    • Up x 1
  6. Darthjackn

Thanks for all the constructive feedback guys!
  7. Darthjackn

I know right.
    • Up x 3
  8. Ztiller

9. TwwIX

This **** isn't going to stop until they nerf the ******** traction of the Magriders.
  10. Ztiller

You do realize that this was a Harrasser, right?
  11. MonnyMoony

Is this a problem with PPA or the base?

There are weapons of each faction that could have farmed to the same (or better) degree from this position.

Can a prowler with HE get up there? What about a Zepher or Dalton Lib or a Bulldog Gal?
  12. Draczar

Magrider traction isn't actually as good as people think it is, it does have the advantage of floating but there aren't many cliffs that you couldn't also get a sunderer / harasser up that you can get Mags up. The main difference is that it's less hindered by the geometry of the terrain itself and can ignore a few of the smaller bumps that can be the difference between an MBT going up a hill and an MBT hitting a rock and sliding back down again.
  13. Haquim

No to the buff for PPA, its perfoming good enough - not nerfing it is all it needs.
    Yes to the banshee - more damage than the PPA when you get closer, but not very good at range (although I do not know how it would perform on a ground vehicle)
    No the the AH - what the hell are the NC supposed to do with that?
    PPA and Banshee slaughter infantery at long and midrange and NC get a spitting range fairy shredder?
    Not saying that I wouldn't enjoy having an extremely effective AI secondary, but it should be FAIR.

PS: Now I'm thinking about lemons for NC (who played portal2?).
    The thought of a combustible Airhammer that burns my house down is strangely threatening.
  14. GhostAvatar

To be fair, I have sat on the exact same location and farmed with the Viper (pre and post nerf) many a time. That location is the perfect place for long range multi shot splash damage weapons. And any vehicle can get up there, it just might be a bit hard to get down at times.
  15. maxkeiser

Can be done in a variety of vehicles.

PPA is already being changed.

Thread over.
  16. GhostAvatar

The thing is, many location have hindered access due to the last few meters of incline being to step. The Magrider can overcomes these with a simply magburn. Plus the physics is borked and in some locations you can get speed on 200+ kph and jump 100+m into the air.
  17. Ztiller

Those locations can be counter at 1 hand, offer no tactical advantage whatsoever, and run a 80% risk of destroying the magrider in the process.
  18. Predator01cz

well

VS will be defending this just like they did defend ZOE...
    They just don't want to use nothing short of blatantly OP

And no this isn't just Broken arch road thingy.. This is essentially every amerish base
  19. Draczar

A. It's a Harasser, B. Explosive spam is hardly a thing limited to Vanu I've had plenty of times where entire bases have been surrounded by Prowlers just shelling the hell out of it and their radius and damage is much higher than a PPA.

The PPA is badly designed like the rest of Vanu's stuff but at least it's the one thing we still have badly designed to be somewhat favourable to us while we don't have a pistol worth having and apparently that's perfectly fine "balance" between empires. Unfortunately balance in PvP games is always done at the behest of the people complaining most about it, which given this is a three faction game invariably means balance is done upon request of the other two factions so eventually the nice toys of everybody will be taken away.
  20. Xasapis

We run out of decent whine threads.