Ppa Farm!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Darthjackn, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Champagon

and not ONE guy even tried to shoot at you, those people you took out all deserved it
    • Up x 1
  2. Vixxing

Try it with Ravens instead... WEEEE-WEEEE-WEEEEE (only difference is you would annihilate all armor too...)
  3. Leftconsin

Not really.

He is pretty far away, partly covered by the ledge, and has extreme high ground. Also, people did in fact start shooting at him. Also, it kills so quickly there isnt time for infantry to react before they are dead. The first person who returned fire was probably one of the first few killed.
    • Up x 5
  4. CorporalClegg

Kobalt would certainly work but it wouldn't be as effective since PPA passes through enemies and does splash damage. It would definitely net a few kills though.

I think the Marauder would give them more time to react and run away. And I'm guessing we would agree that the cannister is just full of fail in this (and many other) situation.
    • Up x 2
  5. CorporalClegg

Where did you hear that? If true, awesome news!
  6. DatVanuMan

The former (Which isn't AWESOME, but okay), or the latter (Which is amazing and will finally give us a good pistol)?
    Edit: That made no sense. What is amazing news; the PPA nerf or the Spiker buff?
  7. Leftconsin

Here are the changes:

PPA is being heavily modified to be more of an infantry point defense weapon and not a long range anti-infantry weapon.
    • Fire rate increased from 150 RPM to 300 RPM
    • Reload speed decreased from 4 seconds to 2.5 seconds
      • Reload speed certifications reduced from 120ms per rank to 100ms per rank
    • All damage is being shifted to the indirect damage component
      • Direct hit damage removed
      • Indirect damage inner radius reduced from 1 meter to 0.1 meter
      • Indirect damage now uses Anti-Light Armor resist type instead of the standard explosion resist type (so it will still damage light armor)
    • Cone of Fire now blooms with each shot
      • CoF grows 0.75 degrees per shot
      • Min CoF Changed from 0.3 to 0.5 degrees
      • Max CoF Changed from 0.3 to 2.75 degrees
      • Reticle changed to crosshair as previous reticle was not dynamic
    • Magazine size reduced from 20 to 12
    • Certifications reduced from 3/6/11/15 to 1/3/4/6
    • Projectile speed reduced from 300 to 150
    • Ammo Capacity reduced from 200 to 180
    • Ammo Capacity certification per rank reduced from 20 to 12
  8. CorporalClegg

Sorry, meant the spiker buff. Its reverting to PS1 form where a charge up does splash?
  9. DatVanuMan

Sadly, no:( It's going to be one, massive shot that deals amazing damage. No splash, though.
    And I know you were thinking about the PPA:p
    About it, long-range got nerfed to oblivion.
    Short-range is officially a beast.
  10. Yeahy

Canister need buffs, not so much marauder since PPA is being reworked.
  11. Alkezo

Combine bad base design with mindless NC. Marauder would have actually been superior in that situation.
  12. Schizomatic

Makes me want to convert to the purple-spandex side just to raise my K/D over 1 with a cheap vehicle (what, only 150 nanites? Sheesh) and easy solo play with being able to quickly switch between driver and gunner seat.
  13. Shadowomega

Actually the Marauder and Fury can work slightly better on that cliff as the harasser can sit further back and arch the shots. I have seen two ammo sundy with dual furies rain grenades down on that area for some insane kill streaks.

As for the PPA changes I am fine all the way down to the COF changes, mag size and down are total fubar.
  14. Nehlis

Having no CoF and no CoF increase was definitely something that was unacceptable. Having the ability to accurately place 3-4 hit kill AoE shots down 100m at 150RPM is overpowered in comparison to the severe drop of the Maurader and the pellet spread of the Canister.
    This is one of those rare cases where 0 bullet drop actually does matter. Pinpoint accuracy over range and the full mag size is more or less the cause of the the PPA hate.

Also without CoF changes and mag size changes along with what they're giving you, the update would be a complete buff. That is the exact opposite of what this weapon needs.
    • Up x 2
  15. MuggieWara

Trolling?
    • Up x 3
  16. Thesweet

And I had a vanu tell me that it marauder needs a nerf. Vanu=easy mode and I like it like that because it gives me more of a challenge.
  17. Nehlis

Oddly enough, I've yet to actually see a Prowler or Harasser run Maurader. Every Prowler I come across usually has Halberds, and TR harassers usually run Vulcans or Halberds.
  18. Alkezo

How does it feel knowing you make yourself believe you're superior to someone on the internet you've never met?
  19. miraculousmouse

Agreed. I NEVER attack that ***** base unless i'm in a tank lol. On the other hand, defending it is a blast.
  20. InoxGecko

Honestly, I can deal with the PPA spam, hell, I would even say yes to a buff. Under one condition though. PPA is available on all 3 vehicle platforms. Give TR the Banshee and give the NC the Airhammer across all 3 platforms. That would be fair in my eyes.