Post here if your 64 bit client Crashes.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Necaris Omnis, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ohmikkie

Only when I switch characters
  2. Spiritualised

It is. The only difference I can see in properties, Planetside2 says created 13 december 2013 and the properties for Planetside2_x86 says created 16 april 2014. Both these files also have in properties, under modified and accessed the same date, !5 april 2014

I dont think its a problem, Radarx has stated the 64bit client has been pulled again due to crashing issues. Its just a waiting game now
  3. ENGTX

the crash happened . every 15 to 30 min . but for me was a huge difference . game was running smoother . no latency , able to spot grenade thrown at me , c4 . it other words , i could control the game in huge fights .
  4. soupeod

Same here
  5. Drex

Also crashing here, first time in the first 15 min, second time game just completely froze up I had to task end. Also on a side note I don't think my fps is as stable on this client
  6. Ling

Mine is actually running without crash but my camera is stuttering so bad its like watching a really bad old movie and my fps is shot making the game unplayable
  7. Spiritualised

Smooth as butter here, better load times, generally a much better experience. I love it. Problem is its 4 am in the UK and I need some sleep. Ive got a horrible feeling 64 bit client will be gone again by the time I get up tomorrow.
  8. Elkybam

Hell yeah.... :(

It displays the application error crap and kicks me out. An hour earlier it was working fine, but now its some crazy madness going on.
    If SOE is not willing to fix the problem, they should expect a large decrease in profit.
  9. ChampagneDragon

Crashing would be nice. I can't even get the game to launch!
  10. VSDerp

I never had issues before with ps2 but now since that small update im getting hitches and i was in game for a min. game frozed and i had to restart my pc. BS man
  11. supernauttt

been crashing all night and about every half hour the monitor flickers black for a few seconds then recovers back to game...50% just freezes up solid and i have to task manage kill it....bummer
  12. Flamberge

Launcher was loading x86 client by default earlier today, then for some reason started using x64. x64 would not load past 9%, and when I forced x86 mode, got more crashes than I have ever had before.
  13. WhiteNexus

You know you can force your system to run in 32 bit mode, right?

Since the 64 client sucks right now, if you want to run in 32 bit instead of 64, I made a fast way to make it work. Start the Launcher (but don't click the 'play' button) then run this batch file to rename the 32 and 64 bit EXE game files. The game then loads the 64 bit exe which we just switched for the 32; so it actually loads the 32. It removes the manual step each of renaming these each time which is needed to force it to run in 32 bit mode.

For Planetside 2 installed through Steam:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44178803/PlanetSide_2_Fix_Steam.bat

For Planetside 2 not through Steam:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44178803/PlanetSide_2_Fix.bat
    • Up x 1
  14. Flamberge

x64 bit in now running. Well, more accurately, it's crashing. Got about 10 minutes of game play, then CTD.
  15. MajiinBuu

Crashed twice in 3 hours. Completely playable. If you crash than restart the game
  16. squarebug

same! 3/4 times was when i went to an equipment terminal. how do you revert to 32 bit easily?
  17. TBirdo0

I am getting a full crash on the loading screen every time even if I try to force 32-bit mode. I guess I picked a bad week to try this game out. I can't even get into a server.
  18. Hamster

The 64 bit client is freezing up withing 5-10 minutes of play and I have to ctrl-alt-del and force exit the game.
  19. Deus Draco

The game stops responding every time I change continents, then after a few minutes of being hung up it crashes. If I don't close it down first.
  20. Kalamyty

latest update and still receiving error.