[BUG] Please stop allowing infils to kill at terminals AFTER nanites are consumed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by guerrillaman, Sep 3, 2016.

1. guerrillaman

I have 400 nanites. I'm at a vehicle terminal. I push deploy. Two seconds pass, during which time I CANT MOVE. Dink, dink. I'm dead. I didn't deploy in vehicle.

I go to vehicle terminal. I now have 50 nanites left.

This needs to be fixed. No tank was created. Nanites should be saved.
    • Up x 6
  2. FateJH

To be fair, the failure to create the tank is the bug, not the the getting killed part. The process between the removal of nanites and the construction of the tank is partially asynchronous.
    • Up x 2
  3. Newlife1025

Ive never really had that problem except for that one team when i was teamkilled at a terminal by someone chucking a grenade. Luckily, it was just a flash.
  4. guerrillaman

Getting killed while being forcibly frozen approaches on exploitation.

As soon as you push deploy, players should be invincible or removed from the playing field.
  5. Lemposs

As much as I agree, it is such a rare thing that I wouldn't hold my breath for it being fixed. They have more game breaking issues to address than an occurrence that happens 0.01 % of the time.
  6. Beerbeerbeer

Yeah I agree this is annoying and people do it simply because they know it will illicit rage, but there are some steps you can take to avoid being a victim.

I always dark light or flashlight scan around the terminal. If you see motion spotters near or on the way to the terminal then expect them to be there. If you are an engineer with a turret, set one up near the terminal before getting a vehicle.

Getting vehicles after a Zerg assault base takeover is the worse. I simply despawn and respawn at the next base, which helps with not being a victim as well.
  7. FateJH

You expose yourself and engage in an activity that you know renders you standing still temporarily (unless you dilly-dally at the terminal longer than necessary).

If people actually label things as they are, I wouldn't complain as much. The suggestion is a quality of life change, not a bug, or even the kind of exploit that approaches unfair advantage or ban. It's how the system is currently built.

That's why I brought up the vehicle not spawning being the more obvious bug, as the previous behavior did involve the armor popping into existence and rolling off the pad without its driver. The number of resources changing is a part of the server acknowledging your request.
  8. Liewec123

yeah, it is annoying enough getting sniped while in the UI, but when it costs you the price of a vehicle it needs to be fixed.
  9. Halkesh

The other solution that could satisfy both tankcrew and sniper could be to change how the vehicle are spawned.

=> Crew no more magically teleport inside their spawned vehicle, they have to walk and enter into it.
  10. guerrillaman

I have this happen to me at least once a day. There are workarounds but this is concerning the actual nantes being lost. It's not hard to program a player disappearing when they push deploy, assuming there isn't a queue.
  11. FateJH

In general, you do disappear as soon as the game is ready to deploy the vehicle onto the pad.

There used to be a bug where a high chance of being were stranded on the terminal platform on somebody's screen existed while you were off driving around somewhere else. It's still not impossible since the threat of packet drops never go away. I was demonstrating this with an ally who couldn't see his ghost standing in front of a vehicle terminal like I could. I shot him dead by "not shooting at him" from his perspective, as I shot at the "ghost."

There are a lot of interesting quirks.
  12. Exitus Acta Probat

I believe you can still move side to side, or are my memories false?
  13. JKomm

If you're in a queue yes, you can move around... I think if you get too far it'll exit the queue but it's quite a range(I will always move away from the terminal, far too many players kill mass groups to bump up their queue slot... it's atrocious). Outside of the queue you start spawning and cannot move however.
  14. Liewec123

imagine the queue at bases with one terminal? XD
  15. Halkesh

I call this sniper / lolpod heaven. X)
  16. stalkish

Did you play ps1?
    Up to 50 player long ques were seen after base captures, and with each player taking about 10 seconds to spawn their vehicle and drive off the pad you had a long wait sometimes lol.
    No seperated air and ground vehicle terminals at normal bases.

Then there was the obligatory orbital strike on the packed terminal, or lib bombs, or reaver rocket pods, or flail artillery that would destory the terminal, and if you survived that you had to get into the que again at god knows what spot.

So ye i can imagine lol, i can imagine it a lot worse. :D

Much better once the Aegis shield was introduced, but that took time to place and longer to charge, so the packed terminal was still a wide open target.

I still remember the days of hearing an OS start just as my tank was spawning, a guaranteed 20 minute timer that was.
    Still, it was awesome.
  17. Ryme_Intrinseca

So if someone kills me while I'm on the map screen that's an exploit? No, obviously not. If you freeze yourself on a live battlefield you're taking a calculated gamble, and sometimes you'll lose.

If you were invincible as soon as you press deploy, the terminal could be used to escape certain death while under enemy fire. That seems like far more of an exploit.
    • Up x 1
  18. guerrillaman

I'm talking about after you push deploy, not after you open the terminal. Once you hit deploy you can't move.

I can open a map in cover. Terminals aren't in cover.

PLUS not everyone seems to have this problem. Hardware, Internet connection, server lag etc.

I have absolutely zero control as to how long I have to stand there.
  19. Ryme_Intrinseca

If it's a connection issue for some people I'm not sure there's much dbg can do. Adding in invincibility as soon as you press deploy (ie before deploy is communicated to the shooter's client) sounds impossible with clientside hit detection.

Ps - though I guess they could change it so the nanites are only taken once you're in the vehicle
  20. Riksos

This has happened to me as well. Though, you shouldn't be pulling vehicles if the pad is under attack. You should secure the pad and then pull vehicles.