[BUG] Please stop allowing infils to kill at terminals AFTER nanites are consumed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by guerrillaman, Sep 3, 2016.

1. guerrillaman

I'm sure its about memory allocation. Pulling a vehicle causes the server to create something. I bet they aren't moving you until after the vehicle is created in server memory. Just move the order to make you disappear first.
  2. guerrillaman

Its happened to me inside a secure biolab not under attack. Some infiltrator must have been waiting for 10 minutes. Lol
  3. Ziggurat8

It's a super simple fix. It doesn't require invincibility.

ONLY DEDUCT NANITES AFTER YOU ARE INSIDE THE VEHICLE.

Problem solved.
    • Up x 1
  4. CaptCran

Maybe it's time to make the switch to TRo_O
  5. Reemerge

You've got something here kiddo. It would also save a lot of trouble from fourth factioneers coming in and dropping C4 on parties that are queued next to vehicle terminals after a base cap.
  6. Reemerge

But if we fix this, how will we ever train ourselves to avoid these circumstances and respond immediately to them? Just like checking to see if enemy tank mines are planted before spawning, you should also darklight around the vehicle terminal before using. Sure, a lot of time is wasted doing this routinely, but more time would be wasted in dying and re-spawning.
  7. Moridin6

dink dink?

son when i do it itl be THUNK, thats it. unless im pistol farming i guess..

get used to Duckng as soon as you reach a terminal, and then moving as soon as you hit the spawn it button.
  8. guerrillaman

You cant.
  9. Moridin6

wait are we talking pc or ps4, cause on pc you def are Not locked there after you hit the button..
  10. guerrillaman

PC. It doesnt happen all the time. Its about 20% of the time. I click Spawn on the vehicle button, then I just have to stand there in the open 2-3 seconds. I cant do anything in that 2-3 seconds.
  11. Moridin6

weird, i jump duck hit E select my vehic press spawn and then run back and forth til i become a vehicle
  12. guerrillaman

Yep. Others have said the same. I randomly get to stand like an inanimate object, have zero control and get ganked plus lose my nanites.
  13. guerrillaman

By the way.... the new update... it takes even longer for the spawn button to show up.
  14. Eyeklops

Me & my Blackhand/Bolt Actions have killed thousands and thousands of enemy combatants using this tactic. The occasional tears that follow tend to be extra salty. 10/10 fun. Would do again.
  15. Moridin6

its even more fun when you toss on a suppressor and do it from near by, like real close, just out of flashlight range, and boy the tells will come lol
    • Up x 1
  16. Eyeklops

I've that done too. My favorite is to mount a suppressor and lob sniper rounds from just inside headshot kill range with a bolt action. The distance ends up being so far that the tracer doesn't render on lower graphics settings. To the enemies at the terminal it appears the people around them are just falling dead for no reason. Chaining headshots in excess of 20+ is easy peazy. Pretty much how I ended up on THIS list without trying. The only reason I stopped at #9 on the leaderboard is because I finished the sniper rifle directive.

I honestly never realized the people I was killing were straight up losing resources....kinda makes it even more fun. I may have to revisit this method of tear production soon.
  17. guerrillaman

How in the world people find this fun drives me nuts. I've done it too. After about three kills I was like. ... ok I have better things to do with my life. Lol
  18. Moridin6

i cant do it long range for very long unless its So long than im literally excited i even landed the shot.. i get bored lonely

the fun of dong it closer is killing the enemy, hopefully lots of them, while screwing them over(time wasted, im not there to take nanites in that fashion), and having them be frustrated looking for me.

I see it as *kill number* less sundys attacking my hex
  19. Eyeklops

I find enlightenment in the oddest of things. I got immensely upset when windows removed the graphical interface for the built in defrag program as I got many hours of enjoyment from watching my HDD being re-arraigned block by block.
  20. Problem Officer

Could simply add armor plates around the terminals?
    Kind of a hood/booth that exposes only the front of the terminal, but not too large that it obscures the driveway, so it can be checked for mines without walking too far around.