Planetside just closes after patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by cptStrawberry, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Bixli

..ouch.
  2. Frenetique

Created new character, different faction, same server as mains.
    99% -> CTD.
    Win 64, i7, Emerald.
  3. Halo572

Creating a new character then logging in old one works.

If you wish to understand why - along with pretty much anything to do with this title - please consume some LSD and/or magic mushrooms and why it works will become quickly apparent to you.

Doing it when not out of your head on psychoactives is not recommended.
    • Up x 2
  4. Predat0ry

Same issue here.
  5. Grandpa

Last weeks i spent more time in that nice forum, waiting for a playable game , than in the game itself...
  6. blueangleofdeath

Only got it to happen once for me but once you get in if you can you might face some hitching problems afterwards.
  7. Skully71

Create new char, do tutorial, after instant action logout and log onto main worked for me.
  8. Naxelito

creating a new char fixed it for me but when i try to change classes it just....freezes?
  9. BrokenBC

Same here loads to 99-100% then CTD.
  10. tiadhub

Worked for me, thanks bro'
  11. TerranRepublic101

SOME PEOPLE DON'T HAVE ANY EMPTY SLOTS LEFT!!!!
    :D
    • Up x 1
  12. LGhost1904

solution for me was to create a new character and start up the tutorial. then log out and into main.

edit - what vengeanceismine said
  13. Frenetique

This worked for me as well. No idea if it is a coincidence, but I'm happy to be able to play.
  14. MozzerV12

I tried making a new character and found that it let me login. I was then also able to login to my other characters. I did notice that it reset my passive membership cert gain though (only got about 2 certs when I logged in when it should have been more).
  15. blueangleofdeath

Easier fix is to just download PTS and play on that. At least that works and we can squash some bugs.
  16. Grandpa

Still waiting for

Official News and Announcements
  17. TerranRepublic101

Yes, please this!
    • Up x 1
  18. AxIoN79

well im having a bit off a diffrent problem,,
    for 2 days when i start up the launcher the first thing that comes up is an launcher socket error,
    and now my launcher isent even showing up when i try to start it up weee g2 love the fun. :confused:
  19. blueangleofdeath

Lets see what will happen first. The announcements or the paint on the wall to dry? I go with the paint.
    • Up x 1
  20. Isobutane

WHY WOULD YOU NEED MORE THAN 3 CHARACTERS?!?!