Planetside 2 is way better than battlefront 3...More Skill, Faster Gameplay, more massive!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Littleman

It's what CoD would be if it were developed by Epic games. Pinpoint accurate weapons... without the need to ADS so full speed strafing ADADADAD.

Ironically, not that helpful, as compared to PS2 ADADAD.
  2. Alchemist44

• Up x 3
  3. Pikachu

4. Jake the Dog

Honestly, looking at EA's s**ters makes me appreciate our devs alot more.
    • Up x 1
  5. breeje

tested the game and it have potential
    the beta let you play only a small part of the game the full game can be a master game
    we have to wait until the full game is released for a full review

cons
    smaller maps, chance of getting bored fast yes, if there only was a infill game play i would really consider that game
    fighting for the same thing over and over

pros
    game play is great, graphics are great, no big bugs found, Star Wars, new game

PS2 8/10, battlefront 7/10 for now
  6. Haquim

Ok, I did what some people suggested, got the beta and playtested it.

This game is an abomination.
    For ***** sake I don't know how one can **** up things so much.

Walker assault - Star Destroyers, Nebulon-B frigates and Blockade runners in the atmosphere.
    Goddamnit the whole POINT of the walker assault is to destroy the energy generator of that damned base because you can neither bombard it while its planetary shield is online nor get close enought for an assault landing because of the ****huge ion cannon it has!
    TIE-Fighters. FLYING IN THE ATMOSPHERE! Half of the Lore says that they are horrible at that because they can't turn left/right properly because of windresistance caused by the design of their "wings".
    X-Wings in the backtground and Y-Wings attacking the AT-AT!
    The reason the rebels used the snowspeeders was BECAUSE X AND Y-WINGS CAN'T ******* FLY IN HOTHS ATMOSPHERE!!
    And if they DID, the Y-Wing, which is a heavy bomber designed to deal heavy damage to, let's say a Stardestroyer, which is a heavily armored 1.6km long lump of metal, wouldn't need more than ONE shot. ONE!
    And then there is Skywalker jumping around on the ground, while he SHOULD BE in a snowspeeder toppling those AT-ATs.
    Same for Vader, rule of cool aside, he is on the Executor waiting to directly assault the rebel base by shuttle as soon as the ion cannon is deactivated.
    And if the empire wins a woman says: Target in range, fire at will???
    The attack was lead by General Veers who is first of all MALE and secondly said "Target! (thats a verb) Maximum Firepower!"
    Actually there should be no female voice at ALL in the whole of the empire side. All the lore confirms that the empire is not only xenophobic but also sexist - there are only TWO! women in leadership position I can think of. Admiral Daala and Ysanne Isard. I don't know if we even saw a single woman on the empires side in all the movies.
    And what the hell is this **** that handheld blasters can damage ChickenWalkers (AT-STs)
    Or why the **** would being hit by an ion-torpedo (which is apparently what the Y-Wings are dropping on them, because using a Protontorpedo that can easily OHK them would be too easy) suddenly make their massive metal armor vulnerable to handheld blasters when just before heavy fixed AV turrets could barely scratch them??

GAAHHHH so much STUPID in ONE MAP.
    I thought PS2s vehicle balance was stupid but THIS is a whole new level.
    And the lore got ***** so hard, if this was Wh40k I'd say it was a threesome with Matt Ward and C.S. Goto.
    I'm not even go into the bland gameplay...

Hell PS2 got a lot of problems, but at least the fights kinda make sense.
    • Up x 5
  7. JojoTheSlayer

Man, I wish that game had more too it... It actually is cool when you sort of feel like you are in the movie, but its all just "fake". Like this video, making the game look way better than it really is. Yeah, its a cheap click bait. LoL :p
    Me combining a little game and movie sounds. (under 3min)
  8. Littleman

So um... if the ion cannon is preventing Darth Vader from going down in a shuttle, how the hell did the Imperials drop AT-ATs and an army of Snow Troopers on the ground? Didn't the movies already kind of screw their own lore by default?
    • Up x 1
  9. JojoTheSlayer

ohhh, nerdy BS about Star Wars.
    They landed the ATAT in large drop ships and they landed them far enough away to avoid the planetary defense shield and anti air systems. Thats why they had to walk to Echo base and destroy the shield generator. However, Echo base didnt have the shield on before they knew about the Empire because the shield could be detected by "whatever" scanners etc. Thats why Vader did hes "You have failed me for the last time..." stick.

Vader landed afterwards when the base was more or less down...
    General Veers even tells Vader mid battle. "You can start your landing now, the shield will be down in moments."

Scene from Star Wars Force Commander (3D, RTS from Lucas Arts):
    • Up x 1
  10. Haquim

No, they basically started "landing", as in entering the planets atmosphere, from the other side of the planet, or at least far enough away that the cannon couldn't reach them. Then they flew as close to the base as they could without getting shot down by rebel aircraft or (smaller) AA and then unloaded their troops and vehicles to start the ground assault you see in the movie (and play in the game).

Ohh Force Commander, that brings back memories. Don't think I've ever finished that, the BS was too strong on Endor if memory serves...
    Wonder how many people have played that and still remember it...
  11. Pikachu

Talk more about it. I'm curious.

Btw I just noticed Battlefront properly handles the interaction between smoke and sun. It turns the sun red. In PS2 it turns the sun into the moon. :L
  12. Sulsa

Had to log in to say yup, me too exactly :D
    • Up x 1
  13. AxiomInsanity87

Same hehe.
    • Up x 1
  14. AxiomInsanity87

Same.
  15. Revel

Going to agree with this. After watching them absolutely destroy Ultima Online in some cheesy bid to compete with EQ back in the day, piss poor customer service, I swore not to play another one of their online games. Unfortunately friends begged me to buy SWTOR and guess what? My original decision was proven correct when they released a ridiculous amount of servers and they were all dead within 4 months. I sure hope a lot of people got fired for so badly mismanaging one of the most important IPs in gaming.