Planetside 2 is way better than battlefront 3...More Skill, Faster Gameplay, more massive!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by G.O.A.T, Oct 8, 2015.

1. zaspacer

PS2 *could* have large ships. It could have giant space orbitals with Infantry fightng on habitable terrain inside, and helmeted infantry and vehicles with mag locks swarming over the side to the vacuum side, and storming giant docking systems to the large ships, and Air zipping along throughout some areas.

... but they don't. Instead we got Hossin.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pikachu

How does that answer my question.
    [IMG]
  3. AxiomInsanity87

I assumed you'd have already found out by now.

No it doesn't. It is a generic fps with but no recoil because lasers, with all the cool stuff happening in the background while the players fight regular mini scrims.

For a star wars game (a whole galaxy of content and years of experience) it is just a bad joke. It doesn't even star wars for that matter.
  4. Meeka

Quite seriously, f--- anything to do with EA and Origin.
    • Up x 1
  5. BIllyGG

yeah I played it, it looks beautiful, it functions better than there previous iterations of BF but other than that, I'll be sticking with Planetside 2. Love this game.

and hope to see it improve with more strategy options
  6. o0CYV3R0o

After everyone shakes off the hype train EA brainwashing they'll realise Casualfront is a skill less cash in on the StarWars brand and move on to other games.

I was one of the few people not fooled by that first E3 reveal my friends said i was crazy! lol
  7. CMDante

Look up Eternal Crusade.
    • Up x 2
  8. MikeyGeeMan

A friend and former ps2 player who is in the first wave told me that at its current stage he feels it's better than this game at its current stage.

Competition. Maybe. It does look like an awesome game from the twitch feeds
  9. CMDante

They seem to know what they're doing, but it's being developed by a no-name company and that worries me.
  10. pnkdth

It is the type of game that looks and sound great but after the initial "WOW" it is just another generic FPS.
  11. Hellhound67

The only "skill" you need in PS2 is to precisely aim for the head. So if you were a good Quake 1/2/3 player you will rock this game, too. But don't fall to the thinking that you have any idea of strategy or tactics.

It is easy: The faster the game the less brain and the more reaction you need and vice versa.
    I am sick of these "ADADADADA"-only-headshots-in-a-row-******. I am sick of hitting the enemy first with two or three hits, he turns and 3-hit me with headshots only. This is just a stupid game mechanics.

So BF sounds like a good alternative for me.
  12. Pikachu

Random note about it: fk I just saw that they have CA in it... FFS when will this trend end? Eyes, not cameras! :mad:
    [IMG]

About Battlefront, I watched a video and the some noteworthy graphics things is that the snow looks very good. It looks convincing unlike the blue-white dirt we have in PS2 (Skyrim had bad snow too). Also the FX is awesome. Why do few game have good FX? PS2 explosions and fire look outdated by 10 years. The video talked about how the game might be too casual.
  13. Skooma Lord

The thing that I don't like the most is that there are no classes. I hope they have a mode like classic battlefront at least where you have 100's of N.P.C.'s and the players mixed in and a whole map to fight on though. The 2 modes that they let us try so far did not appeal to me much.
  14. Skooma Lord

I played the beta, and I can assure you the graphics and effects are really good. It feels like you in the movie with all the sparks from the blaster fire and all that. BTW I wish PhysX was bought back to PS2. :(
  15. MikeyGeeMan

16. Villanuk

As no one else has asked you, which one is star wars?
  17. Archlyte

But if Battlefront had the size and complexity of PS2 I would leave PS2 behind forever. It absolutely delivers Star Wars feel and immersion. The art direction for Star Wars is a giant contrast to the silly **** that shows up on screen in PS2
    • Up x 3
  18. Pikachu

>:[
  19. No_STG

Unlike here, my shots in Battlefront always register, I don't seem to die to bull latency issues as much if at all, aside from that sniper rifle weapon card, it feels reasonably balanced, runs really well while looking very good. I've had a very hard time getting motivated to play PS2 even though I go on long hiatuses to see if that's the case but no. I don't want to drop it completely right now due the amount of money spent on this game.
  20. AxiomInsanity87

Last i saw of that a few weeks back, they were basically scrapping the large scale in favour of little generic matches.

Was i interpreting their new direction wrong?. I hope i am.
    • Up x 1