PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Furio613

Try "Validate Game Assets" from the launch pads "Advanced tools" menu.

I found that after each crash resources would get corrupted.
  2. hondaf17

Still crashing after all hotfixes...
  3. HerbertKnivez

Your internet is literrely 13 times faster then mine... At least the upload is, I play with a 50KB/s connection and I haven't crashed once since I went back to XP
  4. HerbertKnivez

I get what you mean, but every, and I mean EVERY single part of my PC is under the specs, and I play at 30-40 FPS, you need to change the system requirements...
  5. dharKharma

Now my game crashes everytime I deploy onto the battlefield. Three times in a row, same thing.
  6. Onslaught28

I have a top of the line machine and I get multiple crashes daily.
  7. Jantteri

"PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes"

i got it fixed, for me the trick was going from 32bit vista -> 64bit Win 7.
    And upgrading Harddrive to SSD.
    No more "stopped working" once in wvery 10minutes.

Now i also use razer game booster to stop all other services from windows, for the time i play.

CPU: Intel Core 2 duo E6750 @ 2,66GHz (under required)
    GPU: Geforce 560 GTX
    RAM: 4 GB
    HD: Kingston SSD

ps. Game runs good now.
  8. Natty Boh

Mine has been working great. Monday evening crashed every 5-15 minutes.

After the hotfix - NOT A SINGLE CRASH !!!
    I've played in some pretty massive battles too. No problems.

So happy now.

Thanks devs!
  9. Ghost_Leader

After the last few hotfixes the game crashes are a lot more often.I barely played 10 minutes today before it crashed.I think it mostly happens when I exit either a venicle or a turret.I have 64-bit Win 7 and 4 gigs of ram,so I don't think that's the problem.
  10. Mordrake

Game still crash.
  11. Mongol193

Could be because you dont have enough memory ( only 4GB ) and that you have a 64-bit system.
    32-bit locks the amount of RAM to around 3GB ( 3.2 I think ), and the minimum requirements for the game say that you need atlast 4GB ( Steam store page ). Example 1: You have 8GB RAM and a 32-bit system -> Locks it to 3GB and your PC will run out of memory = You need a 64-bit system. - Example 2: You have 4GB RAM and a 64-bit system -> You might be able to play it for more than 1 hour.
    When I had a 32-bit system, my PS2 crashed aswell. Then I upgraded it to 64-bit and it worked fine ( Just like Example 1 ).

Regards Mongol.
  12. UberShazbot

Yep, "PlanetSide2.exe stopped working" after every 40-50 min...

In closed beta everything worked fine for me :(
  13. KiwiEffecT

Crashes every 10 mins tops, ive tried reinstalling the game to no avail. Even did a reinstall of windows (7 x64) and still crashes before i can even get out of the warpgate... it worked FINE in beta and has been getting worse with every patch... great work guys keep it up! this is becoming a complete joke
  14. Zeewulf

I see the flickering graphics leading to the crash still hasn't been fixed. Which means this game is still a serious health risk to anyone who suffers from possible seizures ....

Sort your act out SOE this type of bug is a VERY serious problem to some players health !!!!
  15. hondaf17

Still having the crashing after all the patches and a lot of troubleshooting. Have tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling W8 64-bit (6 GB RAM), validating, uninstalled all AMD video drivers, booted into safe mode and used drive sweeper to remove all other video drivers, reinstalled latest AMD drivers, 10 minutes into game, same crash.
  16. Tekone

Yep. Me too. STILL

STILL CRASHING
    WTF
    Kind of frustrating, to say the least.

I have support ticket(s) in for this with no response....
    The tech team still hasn't been able to figure out why my in-game voice doesn't work. No offense of course. Just wish **** would just work. This game is leaning towards being ******* awesome, but it's held back by so many problems.

I must admit, I'm not 100% sure how to decipher all of the information in Event Viewer. I have hundreds of logs / line items in there from this game crashing.
  17. remnantSiX

Not the case I have a 32bit system with 4GB RAM (locked at 3.2) and the game ran fine up until a patch or so where it was doing this. Then they hotfixed and everything was fine. Now they released the AA/ESF patch and its back to crashing again. I have several toons over level 10 (no bonus or SC, whatever), one nearing the 30s. Played through beta fine as well.
  18. The King

I haven't crashed but once out of many hours of gameplay. Crashed on the 8th of this month and it happened when everything was flickering, Which happened once.

To think of it, I crashed yesterday once. So it's 2 times..
  19. Kapin'

yeah... hotfix didn't fix it after all... still crashing damnit
  20. Galhans

I have the same crash problem running Win 7 64 bit, 8 G of RAM, and I run most of the settings on low for the fps. Dual core, AMD Radeon Card.
    I last abt. twice as long, though, and only crash every ~40 minutes