PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. traum

2. SteelDusk

Regardless of anyone's specs, high or low, the crashes are still there and it stems from the game itself. Definitely a bug in the game's code that causes memory leaks or some other crash-causing problem.
    • Up x 1
  3. JexInfinite

I had that too, on medium and low graphics. I fixed it by turning it up to high, now I can play for hours. Remember, don't quit because of one bug, stay vigilant and keep on trying and see if it works.
  4. tonberry king

Yes I agree with this, but my reply was in relation to the point you made about CPU's which aren't a factor in these crashes. If you have a good processor Planetside 2 won't hog down your CPU like you stated.
  5. SteelDusk

Actually my CPU is already good enough for the job. I just first suspected that the game was putting too much pressure on it, until I played other high-specs games (Skyrim, BF3, etc. to the max) and it turns out they were running just fine, and I realized that the crashes come from the game itself and not my computer specs.
  6. BladeNiner

My pc are as following . AMD FX-8350 8 cores, 16GB rams, 1tb hdd, GTX680 cards. and win 7 64bits OS. Before I did the following setup I was able to play 15mins top. Now I am to play longer. Try to reset the internet explorer. I clear the cache, reset the setting to default on all of it. I also unchecked the box in the "lan setting" for auto dection. Then reboot the PC. I able o play pass 15 mins with no lag or crash of yet. I got the help my ISP tech support on the phone. So far it working for me. Hope it help ya.
  7. Nexus7

Bumpidy Bump cuz I Crashidy Crash (again and again....)

Bit more often than once an hour but the game is still very unstable. As I mentioned before, seems to crash more often when I start dropping in game items (Mines, Turrents, etc...). I did notice that when I go down I'm never the only one as a number of people in my Outfit will report the same exact crash at the same exact time once log'd back in.
  8. dharKharma

Now I just log in to see how long before the game crashes on me. Today it's after 20 minutes, after spawning Liberator at TR Warp Gate.
  9. Vikarius

If memory is not the issue (64 bit OS), try this:

Delete all the PhysX files in your planetside 2 folder.
    and Uninstall any Nvidia Physx from the control panel

I was crashing every 2-10 min but when I did this It seems to have fixed it
  10. dharKharma

I can't seem to find the Physx folder as mentioned or maybe it's cos I don't have physx installed too.
  11. Vikarius

ALL PS2 installs should have Physx files in their main Planetside 2 folder. They are individual files, not folders. WHen you delete them, and run the game it will re download them.

I also checked control panel and somehow had Nvidia Physx installed, (When I have always had Radeon cards) so I uninstalled that too

Those are the two things I did to fix it
  12. dharKharma

**** this ****, I can't even log in to Briggs from the character screen. Thanks for the tips though.
  13. hondaf17

Bump.

I submitted a support ticket. The guy responded and wanted me to update Directx. Did that, still crashes. Then he responded and wanted me to do 4 more things. Did that and crashed 15 minutes into a game. I just sent them another request for my $15 refund. Will post back with their response.
  14. Userkage

15. Bugs

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's worth a shot and all the other suggestions, thanks.

I quite used to enjoy tweaking modems etc but this should be sorted by the Devs and it seems to be an issue for a lot of players across a broad spectrum of hardware. I'm crashing about 3 or 4x a night and my machine is top spec SSD and all that. I can't really play around with it too much, as primarily I work on it.. this is a dealbreaker and goods not fit for purpose.. sort it please devs.
  16. Grossalaud

/Bump it's monday morning.. DEVS should bbe back from vacations.. lets work on this now.
  17. Roadhouseman

how i feel atm when i Play Planetside 2 :confused:

[IMG]
  18. hondaf17

Here's the response I got from my support ticket. Went through a couple hoops of doing stuff that didn't work and then they responded with this:

After reading the link you sent to us, we can obviously see that this is an issue with a lot of customers and the developers will be looking into the issue. Unfortunately, we still won't be able to refund your $15, because you spend some of the Station Cash that you bought. If it had been untouched, there 'might' have been something we could do for you, but since you made in-game purchases, we won't be able to provide you with that refund. My best suggestion would be to be patient until the development team can find a fix for this issue. If you have any more questions or concerns, please let me know.
  19. Natty Boh

Mine is crashing way more often now. This time it crashed during my first deployment as my guy was decending from the sky down to a bio lab.
    This was four minutes after the previous crash.

I put in a trouble ticket on Saturday, but they haven't responded to it yet.
  20. dharKharma

Played for 2hrs last night after changing the Sound settings in useroptions

Today, downloaded hotfix and game crashed after 20 minutes.