PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Girm

I'm on a 64bit system as well and seeing the random Hanging\Lagging and Planetside2.exe crash.. it's frustrating as hell..
  2. Ketadine

Crashing constantly, every 5-10 min, for some days now. It's REALLY annoying!

I know it's the Holidays, but SERIOUSLY, SOE can at least let us know that there's an issue and that their working on it. Seeing that the issue is not addressed AT ALL, I will bother playing more than the first crash.
  3. youkais

Some problem here
    stop 20-30 min
    help pls!!
    i want to play!!!!

win 7 64bits 8gb Ram gt520
  4. Fsac

Yet another Win7 64bit chiming in to say that the game is losing it's luster for the constant crashing.
    I hadn't crashed once in several weeks, up until ~4 days ago. At first, it presented itself purely as crashes when exiting vehicles. I did a file validation in Steam, which prompted a 7gig redownload. Now the game crashes randomly between 10 and 30 minutes of play.
  5. Axler

can't believe they haven't even bothered to reply to this yet.
  6. Jimbochou

Just started playing this today. First couple of hours went by fine and then I had massively low FPS, graphical glitches, crash, etc.
    CPU - i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz
    RAM - 12MB
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
  7. ShakeNbake56

The Christmas holidays came around and most of SOE took off. I guess they figured let the game crash and burn and we will fix it when we get back. Not a good way to start imho.
  8. Werex

SOE must be kidding. 25 pages of complaining and nothing....
  9. Cloudwasher

This thread was started on November 21. Its now January 1st. I'm having the same problem, been having the same problem.
  10. Big Cyz

Is there seriously not even a single workaround for this?
  11. TRman

crashed 3 times today but not every 20 mins
  12. Stypel

Started playing a week ago; no issues, just a few crashes every now and then. But in the previous two days, I started experiencing more frequent crashes, typically when there is a large-scale battle going on or when there is a massive group of people around the area.
  13. Smoke Adian

Same, never crashed before until today. Now it's every 40 minutes or so - always during a battle, but not necessarily a very large one. Shelving the game for now.
  14. Boostah

Crashed 3 times today on me. All within 1 hour of playing.

Windows Vista (32 Bit)
    3GB of RAM
    AMD Athlon 3Ghz Dual Core Processor
    ATI Radeon HD 5450 Video Card
  15. tonberry king

I'm another one to add to the list. Never used to be this bad and NEVER had it in beta, but have had 3 'flicker screens' and CTD's happen to me today over the course of about 5-6 hours of play. This happens every day I play as well, just randomly, doesn't matter whether I'm in battle or not.
    Take a look at my specs, there is absolutely no way my computer could be to blame. But it suspiciously sounds to me like memory leaks considering the frequency is higher with people that have less powerful PC's.
    Devs get on it ffs!!!!
  16. tonberry king

Oh, and I have CPU, GPU and RAM monitors in background showing no change or difference at any point.
  17. Ruzhyo

I realize that adding my post to this ridiculously long list won't really help accomplish anything, but I'm mad and want to passive-aggressively vent, lol.

Win 8 64-bit AND Win 7 64-bit (used both on same system, just reformatted this morning and same problems)
    i5 3570k
    Geforce GTX 670 2GB with latest drivers
    16 GB RAM

Updating the video card drivers helped a little bit, I don't get the world strobe-light-flashing-in-and-out bug as often. The crashes that I've been experiencing have been independent of the mass-crash exploit mostly, my game just locks up sometimes (but I can still hear the sound for 10-15 seconds afterward, even people talking in prox. chat), or the game will drop down to about 3 frames per minute for a while and then slowly recover into strobe light mode and then after another minute or so it'll be back to normal for the most part. Sometimes the game will get ultra laggy and ships and people and vehicles will just start flashing in and out of view everywhere like I'm watching the whole world in fast-forward, and then the game usually locks up. If the game recovers, a lot of times I'll see odd things like tanks doing backflips while driving around. Sometimes the game just closes, sometimes I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del it out of existence. Sometimes it takes windows with it, other times the client itself just crashes.

So, clearly there are a lot of issues that need to be tackled here. I read a bunch of posts on this forum and on PSU, and it looks to me like a recent patch introduced a lot of these bugs. I wouldn't know, I just started playing PS2 recently. But I had a positive experience in the short time I played the alpha, so I dragged a bunch of my friends into playing this game with me, and now quite frankly I'm a bit embarrassed that I did. We're all experiencing the exact same issues, and we all have very different systems (laptops, desktops, ATI, nVidia, Intel, AMD). They're having fun for the most part, but every time one of us crashes it is a mega pain to get back together and reform the groups, and it is getting to be a bit of a chore.

A post like this, buried deep in a 25 page thread... well I don't expect anyone to read it. But devs, if you're out there, I really hope you can make this game right! I am having a great time when the game works, and would love for this game to finally replace my WoW addiction!
  18. buckthesystem

It looks like this crashing issue is an exploit that other players are using to crash the opposition before rolling in to clear it out. there are several threads now about this exploit. search for "planetside 2 crash exploit" in google.
  19. tonberry king

There's a lot of conjecture about these 'exploits'. No one has produced any solid proof this is actually achievable in any way and there's talk of these being just a product of trolls. DON'T believe everything you read. A lot of people are just playing with it and the one's saying it's 'confirmed' have absolutely no proof whatsoever on it and come across as not really having any idea but just going with the general belief coz they're pissed off.

It would definitely be interesting to have a dev shed some light on this and I think we're going to have to wait till they've come up with the solution before knowing what was exactly happening.

Personally it all sounds a little absurd to me but remember this is not to say there aren't bugs and client problems which there obviously is. Crashes and group crashes can happen depending on bugs involved within hexs I believe which sounds more likely to be random events rather than one team targeting another as everyone seems to be blaming everyone else.

I think hackers are pretty much limited as I've seen to speed and aimbots and maybe those marvellous flying pills I've seen occasionally. I guess we'll just have to wait for an SOE answer.
  20. dharKharma

Things are getting worse for me. Clicked Play and can't even get pass the first loading screen. Game hangs at 98% and have to force close it.