PlanetSide 2 has stopped working crashes every 10-20 minutes

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zergling, Nov 21, 2012.

1. The Quetzal

i have 32 bit and im not changing because i'd most likely wreck my cp. and people with 64-bit have the same problems. i want proof it will work always with 64-bit and that it isnt a problem that can be fixed by (whether they caused it or it is just a compatability problem) SOE.
  2. General3

The problem is not RAM, the operating system, or the chip-set (Nvidia or AMD/ATI). I can't be sure, but it is either the last patch or the last Nvidia driver release that did it for me. I updated my graphics drivers and patched the game at the same time so I do not know what started causing the 10 minute crash bug. The fact that the crash is related to time played (5-10 minutes) has memory leak written all over it.
  3. General3

What is worse is that I missed a lot of double XP days and half of my 7 day XP boost due to the fact that the game got to a point to where it wasn't playable in any real sense..
  4. RBN

Man this is getting ridiculous.
    Chashed twice with an hour... not really enjoying when you are getting teamkilled more then see enemies then when you finally are about to cap a base you crash....

I even installed an older nvidia driver but that wasn't it.
    Its the beta we are playing... SoE \o/
  5. Tekone

I'd drop $2-$300 into this game on subscription fees if I knew I'd be playing a stable game. I hear the next patch will be focused on content, introducing a new map and not bug / exploit / hacking fixes. Kind of funny when 2 of the 3 contents are ALWAYS ghost towns.

It's to be expected with a "free to play" business model. You get what you pay for. Joke is on us.
    Meh.
    Maybe stuff will be fixed during 2nd quarter of 2013. Then again probably not.
  6. HerbertKnivez

I still think that it is a Windows 7 Problem, I was running Windows 7 X64 for ages, I installed XP on my other Hard Drive because there was an older game I wanted to play, I thought to myself. I am to lazy to switch HDD's ATM I will try to play it on here, I played for 7 hours straight that day......
  7. Flandel

All I want is an answer form a GM or something
    Be friggin truthfull and tell us what is truly supported
    I had that guy BILG say only 4 gig of ram can truly rin the game
    Well 32 bit systems only use 3 gigs o ram and using his statements leads me to believe that 32 bit systems are not supported.
    well what is it?
    TELL US
    BE TRUTHFULL
  8. Phaze

Maybe... but at one point during BETA, I swear I played for a couple of weeks with maybe 1 or 2 crashes total.

I vote for there being several issues... one of which is somehow related to NVIDIA drivers. Just crashed again, figured I'd post!
  9. dharKharma

Crashed again after flying Liberator for 5 minutes. And still no statement from SoE when I came to check out this thread.
  10. BladeNiner

What is everyone upload speed from their internet connection? Mine is at 720kbs. Is this too slow to "talk" to thier servier? Before I set out to spend anymore money, I like to make sure. I have already went out of mine upgrade my PC twice. 4 cores to 8 cores AMD and Radeon HD6590 to GTX680 NVida cards . Like some here I played fine for 15 mins on average then get disconnected or a G30 errors.
  11. SteelDusk

I suspect the problem is a memory leak. My comp is a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit using Intel Core i5-2320 @ 3.00 GHz with 16GB RAM and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 680. Internet speed isn't the case here, as the game runs very smoothly without lag (before it hangs and crashes half an hour later).

Apparently, these crashes only happen in continents with lots of players and especially during big fights.
  12. BladeNiner

You might be on it. Memory leak. I set the game on medium setting and rendar at 70% ran very smooth no lags. Then all hell broke loose. Players vs players in combat fighting. A moment later, I get disconnected. Just before it does, I see werid effect happened. Like endless bullets fying nonstop. Some guys walking in mid-air.
  13. Phaze

Update... I rolled my NVIDIA drivers back to 310.64. Played for about 4 hours with no crash. However... this was at the low population time of the late, late night. So... no idea if the driver change had anything to do with the lack of crashes.

I guess we'll see later.
  14. hondaf17

Guys it doesn't matter what you do. I'm W8, 64-bit, 8 GB ram, 2GB 6950, i5 3570k.

I've tried old drivers, new drivers, beta drivers, overclocks, underclocks, stock clocks, etc. Nothing helps. Sometimes I can play for 3-4 hours, but once I crash for the first time I usually crash every 15-20 minutes.

I had ZERO crashes and the game was rock solid stable before some of the December patches. There are way too many people with this problem, all with various different PC configurations. It is obviously something on SOE's end and they can't even address this thread.

I suggest everyone put in support tickets with a link to this thread and demanding money back. I have and will post their response.
    • Up x 1
  15. Grossalaud

I had the same crashes with my old pc running on win xp32, now i bought a new one, running win 7 pro 64 and still get the crashes..
  16. Phelope

I started the game 2 days ago and have the same problem.
    Not being the only one to have this problem is quite nice but but not seing any reply is quite sad... :(
    Hope someone will react
  17. dharKharma

Please do update us on the outcome. I've spent money on this game too so if I quit I want a refund too.
  18. traum

Hi,

I first through I was alone with these problems, but today, when playing with a friend, he had the bugs exatly at the same time:
    ->Game sundenly freezed, then crash to desktop
    ->Screen flickering.

He don't have the same ISP nor same hardware config than me, so no need to search in your side, the problem is from planetside.

I also have the bug where the game became super slow, then after -freeze -or flickers -or sometime run normaly after a while.

If I made a count I got 1 or 2 of these problems for each 2h session... Boring.
  19. Zanthex

Just installed the game and about 10-20 minutes in i crashed. Same thing every time I play. Rinse and repeat. Vista 64 Bit here, if it helps at all.
  20. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Everyone still getting this error, both 32 bit and 64 bit players, please submit a support ticket so we can further look into this for you. In the meantime, please make sure your system meets the minimum requirements. I know what your going to say, "Alex, it does." Well that message was geared to people who didn't check ;) We will try our best to get every one in the game.