Phoenix = Most ridiculous weapon, ever.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneRedBlock, Mar 22, 2013.

1. ColdCheezePizza

so fun to use, love see'ing peoples faces up close right before they go boom
  2. TheBloodEagle

The damage is the same as the default dumbfire. You can even dumbfire the Phoenix by pressing E after firing when ever you want...
  3. BalogDerStout

Make it do the same amount of damage to infantry as the Lancer, that'll show the NC what nerfs really feel like.
    • Up x 1
  4. Acer

silly little man why do you think its called NC? Nerfed conglamorate?
  5. PaperPlanes

Well it was one of the only designs that could fit the NC theme and still be more than a typical dumbfire (which were hard to use in PS1, the opportunities just didn't present themselves often because of all the large open field battles and the fact the Decimator warheads moved insanely slow, only good for indoor combat or hunting BFRs really). NC being based around hard individual hits, you basically pigeon hole the design team into making it a single shot weapon, I guess the camera was the only way to make this a viable open field launcher compared to the Striker and Lancer.
  6. Brickwalker

I have tried it,its not that hard to shoot it out a door and hit a target,even with its lack of maneuverability
  7. Purg

Please provide a video - the only way I can do it is to have LOS to the target from within the door. For me it's much more functional shooting from behind terrain or a tree. Buildings are too clumped together to bother with.
  8. TheBloodEagle

Curving right out of the doorway is pretty difficult but it's definitely possible (I have done so) for example to get on the East side of the VR building, fire it, guide it through the middle area, make it go down the stairs and out to the West side. You don't have too much leeway curving it but there still is a lot of control there.
  9. Purg

So we went to not that hard to pretty difficult in one post? Still like to see a video of you doing it and actually killing something while doing it on a repetitive basis.
  10. Slyguy65

Stiker is only BEST cause it does the job it was given...i swear if i start seeing the forum people cry OP OP OP on the striker they can go suck it.

The striker is not OP the others are just broken

The NC RPG doesn't have enough control over the rocket and VS...well ya fully charged...it does like no damage. Fully charged it should do 4/5 damage the striker does.

Also it shouldn't even be allowed to fire unless its charged to at least the first level...seriously i see people using it like a giant over the shoulder rifle just tapping the fire button...its a bit..sad.

Honestly the only thing that sucks about striker is if your TR and you recently bought that RPG bundle...you got screwed since striker is just annihilator 2.0
  11. MaxDamage

TR Striker, only one of the 3 that can't be used on enemy MAXes.

Should it? Probably not, but it justifies its strengths in other areas.

If I had a choice of the 3, I'd pick Phoenix first, Lancer close second.

That said, I like ours and at least it looks like an absolute beast.
  12. Bagginz

Oh my god this thing is the bomb. Soooo sick against armor and infantry. Funniest thing to do is rail stationary snipers with it.
  13. Lemik

SOE said "The Phoenix Rocket Launcher should no longer have issues with camera control." And what is it?
  14. LonelyTerran

15. TheBloodEagle

When I say difficult curving it I mean curving it right away. The missile is actually pretty fast. You can curve it over distance. From trialing it I've been able to curve from standing way to the side right around a rock section and go through the bridge between Ti Alloys and The Crown hitting vehicles. You can also make it curve after ejecting from it (pressing E default) so you can have some influence over its trajectory after letting go of guidance. My trial ended but the NC are having a good time using it from the Bio Lab platforms from the last session I had, even infantry killing (I've was direct hit about 2 or 3 times). Have you really tried it? It's very much a pure skill weapon. Which is why I don't like our Striker, I wanted something more aim-skill based. I really dig the Phoenix because of that. My flight sensitivity I believe in right in the middle of the bar; haven't tried it with full sensitivity but I think that would be too much for me.

edit: here's the VR thing I mentioned

16. Pikachu

Phoenix is the most fun weapon ever. I would hate hate hate to see its' damage against infantry nerfed. Give them warnings instead. I feel so sad for the terrans. Their weapon sounds so boring, we NC got the best toy ever. :D Btw the scouting aspect of it isn't that good since the field of view is so limited.
  17. Purg

Yes I've tried it, I bought it. Got 28 kills with it so far. Shooting it from within buildings isn't going to be viable most of the time. I'd guesstimate that anything beyond a 45 degree angle from where you started will likely be safe. The first 100 meters is uncontrollable to any reasonable degree, then it settles down where it's very muddy to control and wobbles. It isn't until it hits ~200m that you can precision aim it on targets and snipe infantry with it.

I've tried to fire it over cover to hit targets in a gully at about 100-150m. Couldn't even come close. Perhaps sensetivity may make it easier but not worth it in the end. I prefer the Striker in effectiveness but for the fun aspect and the edge of your seat - will this smoking Magrider reach the 301m mark - mini game, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    • Up x 2
  18. Xasapis

The only problem with the striker is that it covers a function that a previous launcher was already covering. The upside is that the striker is an un-nerfed annihilator with more damage than the annihilator ever had.

The phoenix is both different, compared to any other launcher in the game, and useful. It is certainly a fun launcher to use.

The lancer is flashy and ... that's about it. If looks could kill (or do damage) it would be awesome. As it is, it's only good for making pretty lights in the sky.
  19. Oheck

Ye
    Yep, I was in a battle last night where it was being used against infantry quite effectively. Not sure it needs any tweaking though. Didn't feel overwhelming. We still, after a lengthy battle, managed to take the base.

The striker still needs something. Really it should be a laser guided weapon versus another lock on. Needs to be able to be dumbfired as well.
  20. Disparu

errr what? Its damage is pretty great, FAR more than the lancer can hit, I've been using the phoenix today against mags and thought the damage was pretty beefy, especially considering what the missle can do.