Phoenix = Most ridiculous weapon, ever.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneRedBlock, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Brickwalker

you dont need to stay in the line of sight with the Lancer as he says..

you can stay behind cover while it charges,then pop out for the release.That said,its still the weakest of the 3 launchers by an obvious margin currently.
  2. Madmojo

Obviously too dumb to notice the stickies at the top of the where lots of feedback has already answered your question.
  3. rickampf

From my TR experience in getting killed by it while try a LOOOOOCK PIECE OF ****!!! with my Striker, i thinK this NC thing is a monster. The Striker has your utility... but the risk are too high and the reward are too low for a completely situational weapon. Im not sure about the Lancer.
  4. CaligoIllioneus

The Striker is more of the same, but better than the Annihilator.

The Phoenix adds a new way of doing things

The Lancer sucks.
    • Up x 4
  5. Purg

Doesn't work at all in VR for me, it just dumbfires but had no problems with it on Indar. The projectile acts like a vehicle and if you've driven a tank in VR, you'll notice that you can't run over infantry. Same applies to the Phoenix. Trialed it, hated it then loved it. Bought it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zeekez

I posted this in another thread, but I hated it at first - you gotta find a sweet spot of range and realize the missile actually hits like a foot below the camera reticule. Once you get the hang of it... well it's hilarious

• Up x 1
  7. VanuSovereignty

If only I could do that with my lancer :(
  8. Zeekez

haha ya... poor VS... I think Phoenix came out on top as far as the fun-factor of the rocket goes. I think TR got the most useful with the lock on magazine fed launcher, but we got a camera on ours!
  9. Purg

I wasn't able to. It's nowhere near maneuverable enough to achieve that especially for the first 100 meters of its flight. I get the impression you've yet to try it. On top of a building, yes. Inside, unlikely. Unless you already have LOS to the target to begin with.
  10. Purg

Nice - probably where I've been going wrong a lot of the time. The dot would go right through infantry but miss. My biggest problem with the weapon now is - I see a tank, oooh - there's an engineer, divert.. divert!! Miss both.. :p
  11. Eclipson

The Striker is freaking amazing. Its the most effective at what it is supposed to do, take out vehicles. The lock on time is decent, hasn't denied me any kills. I think I have killed more vehicles with this thing than I have in my whole time playing the game. Oh, and it completely destroys esfs. I was thinking it was going to suck, but imo, its pretty awesome. And I don't know, somthing about shooting multiple rockets just feels . . . satisfying?
  12. Anonynonymous

At the moment the Phoenix pretty much sucks at everything BUT chasing down infantries. It's damage against armor and ESF are lackluster at best.
  13. {joer

So you are saying a launcher that can be fired from cover is less useful than one that is basically an annihilator only harder to use with more exposure time?
  14. {joer

It has less DPS than the standard G2G lock on rocket. I take it you never owned one.
  15. Badname0192

The speed of the projectile to maneuverability ratio is such that firing the thing from cover is tedious. Better to pull a Shrike or Deci than to trust a Phenny to do most of the tasks demanded of an HA.
  16. Eclipson

Not true, tried it out and timed it in the VR, and the Striker could take out a sunderer faster than the G2G launcher.
  17. Badname0192

Striker does almost the same amount of damage as an Annihilator and you get follow up shots which is amazing.
  18. SmellyBoots

Yeah I was In my mag rider and a guy with a Striker took off half of my tank health. Just one guy. If there were two or three guys with a striker. Say goodnight to any armor column if they lock onto the same tank
  19. Eclipson

Yea, me and about 3 other people hung out a bit away while the NC were finishing caping a Amp Station. Once they started rolling out a tank column, we were able to stop them completely. They literally just stopped pulling takes. Was the funniest thing ever. :p
  20. Zeekez

The only real problem with the phoenix right now, well apart from the range and the reticule being off, is the fact that you have a 50% chance of firing a dumb-fire missile. But supposedly that is getting fixed this morning in a fix