People using rockets as primaries

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by gregfox89, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Naelyan

If this ever becomes reality it better not apply to hit against vehicles and MAX.
  2. umbrellapower

I agree, OP. Dumbfires OHK'ing infantry is one of the problems I have with infantry combat. IMO, dumbfires should take you into 1/2 or 1/3 of your health, at most. Maybe we could compromise and say 1/4th. Realistically, an infantryman should not survive a rocket to the torso. Gameplay wise, it encourages cheesy crutch playstyles, such as twenty BR10s shooting their dumbfires from biolab teleporter rooms hoping for kills. SOE needs to find a balance.
  3. Trysaeder

Rockets and 'noobtubing' are only problematic when they become the most efficient method of killing people.

This is not the case here.
  4. Balrogos

I suggest to avoide HA when you see that he pulling RL

Description: The ML-7 Launches unguided rockets that are effective against both infantry and armor.

So following your idea we should nerf Claymore and AV Mines becouse engie can deploy AV mine w8 for someone come and shoot/detonate AV mine and kills infantry? so C4 we should nerf too becouse LA using this like granades
  5. iccle

My only issue with rockets vs infantry as primary weapon is the lack of splash damage inflicted on the person firing the weapon at close range, many times i have been killed or seen others killed by someone literally 2 feet away, he should also take a considerable amount of splash damage.
  6. Rigsta

It's annoying when seemingly every HA I run into tries to noobtube me, but oh so satisfying when they miss and I LMG their face off.

And yes I do it too, though it's not my primary by any means. It works great for choke points & MAX suits, and sometimes it just happens to be the weapon in my hands when someone pops around the corner.
  7. gregfox89

Okay, some of you guys are taking what I said way too seriously, this is not a NERF LAUNCHERS thread, I'm just complaining about a tactic that annoys me that I believe is cheap. Shotguns annoy me way, way more, but I don't think they should be removed from the game and I use them myself from time to time.
  8. CL4p2p

And ? Can't you just admit a death ? No have to do big dady noob...

Noobtube is noob that's all.

A guys launch a rocket at 20m and hit you , it's okey, you should have moving your *** before

But a guy which launch a rockt at 1m of you, it's nothing more a noob. If you play like that, delet your account and go back to Call of duty.
  9. korpisoturi

rokets should not be one hit killer against full health infantry , ALL it does now is engourage too many players to this: spam roket, hide instantly and hope for the lucky hit, reload, spam hope for the.............................................till they log out OR enemy log out cos of disgust.

make it so that all rokets needs to hit atleast 2 times to kill FULL HEALTH infantry (even lvl1) and we suddenly going to see dramatical drop on the mindless spam on many fights, created by those same losers who are willing to spew ridiculous theorys/arguments to keep they "fair and balanced" OHK weapon.
  10. Posse

Actually, the problem is that TTKs with rifles/LMG and such is way too long, I'd cut it by at least 25% or so (125 dmg weapons = 6 shots to kill, 143 dmg = 5 STK 167 dmg = 4 STK, 200 dmg = 3 STK, that would be my idea) do that and using the dumbfire for OHK is not as effective because:

1) If you miss you're screwed
    2) Even if you hit, it's not that much more effective than shooting your primary weapon considering the risk of miss.

Of course, they'll never reduce the TTKs because all the noobs who have zero situational awareness will start whining that they're killed without seeing who's shooting at them and things like that.
  11. vanu123

I like it because it can be a challenge especially when you are outnumbered. For example I am very twitchy and when an NC or TR come jumping around a corner with a shotgun thinking they have the advantage I turn around and shoot them in the face. It is just fun to do is all it isnt like LOLpods or something.
  12. vanu123

No.
  13. PWGuy93

Because rockets do splash damage and hit the guys hiding just behind something.
  14. Avlaen

splash dmg only kills you if its right at your feet and have no rank of flak or nano, you need a direct hit to kill infantry.
  15. Rigsta

So you're saying I shouldn't shoot my enemies, ok. Perhaps I should offer my enemies tea and biscuits as well - this whole war business is so bothersome after all.

Or were you suggesting I change wepaons instead? That's a bad way to start a fight.

Why, how eloquently put. Touche, sir!

You remind me of the guys who complain about the AWP/AWM in counterstrike. People who put a rocket in your face are just using a tool that's available to them. Deal with it.
  16. Hypnoso

Seriously? How many people can you kill with 1 rocket? 1 - 2? You should've started a topic about C4 and light assault.
  17. Dragonscourgex

I think the OP might have been making this a little more then what it is. I have had this happen to me a few times, it felt kinda cheap..but I didn't consider it a problem. As HA has come my favorite class to play, I have also killed inf. using dumb fire before. But, each time, it was not my intention. My goal would be a Max or Vech, and a inf so happen to come out of a corner after me, and my option are ether A.) Risk the long weapon swap time, while I'm being gunned down or B.) Aim and pull trigger. I'll go with B.
  18. KnightCole

Noob toobing...its the best method in bfbc2....