Patch Notes - 1/24

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Alzir

Sorry I'm retracting this, you can still deploy your own sunderer, the AMS option is under the general cert options beneath your acquisition timer so I didn't spot it the first time I tried this. You can also still spawn on it.
  2. lyravega

Spawning on AMS, squad Sunderer or squad Galaxy should be slower than the hard spawn points. It takes 15 seconds to spawn on a galaxy, it should be a bit longer otherwise spawn rooms will be camped even more harder with constant rain of enemies around it.
  3. LagLight

I really cannot stand these Galaxy changes.

I can already see Galaxies doing laps around a base constantly dropping enemies on key points around the map, and I know its just going to piss me off.

Its also going to bring back one of my most hated aspects of the old drop pod system where soldiers are dropping non-stop on parked Sunderers and key points of the map and avoiding defensive lines. Also this method is more or less completely silent now because they aren't using drop pods.

Another thing that's is likely going to piss me off is the higher chance of encountering classes on roof tops that should NOT be on roof tops. That sort of gameplay super pisses me off. At least with the current Galaxy system its only a single wave that can be dealt with, or picked apart slowly.

==================================================================================================

I would much rather a system where it only worked in friendly territories so that the system is more about filling up Sunderers and Galaxies QUICKLY and moving on rather than constantly resupplying vehicles already in combat in enemy territory.
    • Up x 2
  4. Takoita

A squad? A couple of platoons more like it. You sound like you've never been in a proper AMP station fight.
  5. DeadliestMoon

Well the new "SQUAD AMS" is limited to a squad and if you let one Sunderer in without alerting allies, then that's on you. Also, ditch the "you sound like you never did this" comment, it just infuriates people.
  6. RealityWarrior

2 different (but related) issues here.

AMS = Deploy so ANYONE can spawn just like current mechanic. Only change is it has it's own slot so you use other utilities and still deploy.

Sqaud deploy on Transport = You can spawn into any Sundy or Gal that is owned by a sqaud member AND has a squad member in it. No AMS needed. No depoly needed. Vehicle can even be moving.

@Hiding in VR, Gal's will not have an AMS (yet) no certs needed.

@Netsurfer, That restriction is a trade off of deploying. You can either Deploy and let everyone spawn there, or stay undeployed and thus much more maneuverable or even moving. Trade off is you need one person in the vehicle. Either driving to stay mobile or in a gun defending. This is a very small cost if you ask me.
    • Up x 1
  7. Boulder119

I don't see why everyone is so averse to these galaxy changes, I think that these are great for the game in general, and especially the air game. Dogfighting ESFs and liberators would gain a major purpose if these were to continue over to live.
    • Up x 2
  8. xxlotucxx

The Ability to Spawn inside a Squadowned Vehicle should be restricted by the no deploy zones too, so you can spawn inside if the vehicle is outside the NDZ's.
    • Up x 1
  9. WillK

As a gall pilot, I would say that the gall is a bit OP, but now it well need to be. This change well make the Gall a huge target for everyone and there mother. Libs Kill sky whales like nothing, them and esf are the mane threat to a Galaxy, and esf just got that big buff ageist other air with there uncounterable radar. So, galls are a bit crazy, they well need it now to stay alive.
    • Up x 1
  10. libbmaster

Perhaps it is not as OP as it sounds?

Would certainly throw the air game a bone.
  11. Xervous

This is squad deploy, right? So there's still the 5 minute cooldown?

Though I do expect a few more battle sundies and battle gals to be roaming about with this new change.
  12. Netsurfer733

Sure for a Sunderer that makes sense I suppose, but why on earth put that restriction in place on a Galaxy?