Patch Notes - 1/24

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Azarga

I think Gal's surviveability should probably be adjusted to make it less indestructable should they recieve AMS-on-th-go function. Now it's not a problem since most Gals just drop a squad in and then leave the area. Now they can be a very hard to destroy AMS which also ignores walls/defence lines. Idk if the fact that this ASM is limited to one squad is enough to balance that.

Before you rage: this was not about battle-Gals, where survivability seems reasonable, if they have no AMS.
    But having both firepower+defence AND mobile spawn looks something over the top.

Too bad I can't get to PTS sooner than in 20 hours.
  2. Jachim

I find the idea very useful, actually... it won't work in the big places like tech plants and the middle of amp stations due to no deploy zones... it will work in some areas such as the main entrances to AMPs and side bases coming up to tech plants in some zones but it's not as useful as you may think. :)
    • Up x 1
  3. BCKrogoth

As a compromise to the new log-on redeployment, why not just have people spawn in the WG as usual, but take the Redeploy time in the WG down to 2 seconds (not instant, to prevent accidental keyhits), and make the "time to respawn" at the deployment screen be zero? You keep the community "feel" and tactical use of WGs while still reducing the time to get into battle for those that want it.
  4. siiix

finally a good update ... i started losing hope :)
  5. Hiding in VR

Are Galaxies going to get an AMS cert line added or is it going to "just work" for them?
  6. ajma

I welcome the changes, but not without saying that care must be taken while designing them to avoid any exploits.
  7. DeadliestMoon

Actually, it's limited to one squad AND one squad member has to sit in it in order for it to work. So no, the Galaxy's survivability does not need to be changed.
  8. Ripshaft

Having the ams be omnipresent is a large enough game changing element... having squad vehicle spawn on top of that seems a bit much for one patch.
    • Up x 1
  9. Takoita

Not spawning in the warpgate? That's a bad idea if I ever saw one. A good deal of spontaneous cooperation, outfit advertising, etc, etc will suffer, IMHO.

Lets make Sunderer and AMS different vehicles - gate buster + AMS on everything will make a good deal of base attacks much more trivial than it needs to be.

Spawning inside a vehicle half across the map? How about no? PS2 needs more logistics, not less.
  10. DeadliestMoon

You'll still be able to go to the warpgate, you have to do that when arriving at a different continent. It's not like they are taking Warpgates away completely.

No. The Sunderer and AMS combo is fine the way it is and no deploy zones alleviates the Gate Diffuser and AMS combo.

This will only be for squads while requiring one squad member to remain in the vehicle. Also, how is that different from being able to redeploy half way across the map?
  11. Takoita

No deploy zones alleviate squat. It is especially noticeable in AMP stations.

Because the usual redeploy doesn't allow you to drop straight on the capture point?
  12. DeadliestMoon

I'm pretty sure someone's going to come along to take out the lone Sunderer who's by itself with only one squad to protect it.
  13. UnDeaD_CyBorG

So far, we have squad deploy at a deployed sunderer.
    Now, we can do it on an undeployed sunderer if someone's inside.
    I don't really see the big deal.
    Nor do I see any problem with Gate Diffuser and AMS on the same vehicle.
    My Outfit uses GSD mostly to get inside techplants, Amp stations, and the like, aka, whereever we can't deploy anyways.
    It's trivial to enter the outer amp station from the side entrances, and a lot safer spot for sunderers as well.
    I suppose you could squad deploy in a gal and drop down onto the building; but with squad deploy timers, that works once, and it's not much saving to spawning at a sundy, entering the gal, and flying there.
    Takes all of ten seconds.
  14. Alzir

For the vehicles to operate as a spawn point does it have to be occupied? Can a sunderer still be deployed in order to operate as a spawn for small squads or lone wolfs who can't afford a man to keep it occupied? If they can be deployed will they still operate for non squad members to spawn on? Can a galaxy now be deployed, like in beta?
  15. DeadliestMoon

No, you have to have a guy in the vehicle. Which is good, this promotes squad play.
  16. Alzir

It promotes a pretty boring game for the poor guy who has to sit in the vehicle while people spawn around him, unless of course the vehicles can be deployed as well?
    • Up x 1
  17. Netsurfer733

Wait you need to have to have a squad member physically inside a Galaxy or Sunderer waiting around so the rest of your squad can spawn in it? That sounds unnecessarily restrictive... Why?
  18. Alzir

Ok I had to find out for myself so I updated the test server client and found that I can't spawn on my own empty sunderer, nor find anyway to deploy it, if anyone finds otherwise, please correct this post. In the meantime I guess we can start drawing straws for the graveyard shift sat in back seat of vehicles for our squad mates, but hey at least it's "teamwork". This is also quite a significant nail in the coffin for the small squad and lone wolf styles of play.
  19. THUGGERNAUT

the gate diffuser + AMS combo is going to cause major problems for bases like Tawrich that were protected by their adjacent outposts. we're going to see a lot of stealth sunderers hidden in the main base, waiting for the outpost to fall so the attackers have a ready-made spawn point to flood in.
  20. NinjaTurtle

How about an option in the menu for this? I love the idea but I'm sure others will find it annoying