Patch Notes - 1/24

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Jan 24, 2014.

1. vincent-

Cough man what a terrible cough I got from my mines exploding that silly sundy trying to bust into the amp station. Cough...
    • Up x 1
  2. MGAMIKA

Briggs the Home of the Battlebus... We are at least smarter than the average players... First we send in a GSD Harraser to mop up most mines, then we send in the GSD Mineguard Sundy and then we send in the proper battlebusses. Normaly we don't have to send in the Sundy with Mineguard since most/all of the mines have been cleared. Mines are not an issue. Also there are no deploy zones so -.- this is not a huge deal.
  3. Ogedai

Spawning in sunderers and galaxies especially is too easily exploitable. They work now because they are troop transport, there is a risk involved in using galaxies. But now you could just let one guy fly it and the rest of the squad only spawns in when its safely past the enemies. There are many more problems with this idea.

Letting the Galaxies deploy as an AMS once they have landed is a much better idea.

Not spawning in the warpgate is convenient but sadly kills the immersion. The warpgates are going to be ghost towns now that you don't spawn there and don't have to get in Galaxies/sunderers there.
    • Up x 2
  4. Gav7x

ever heard about no deploy zones ? nothing to worry about
  5. Gav7x

This patch seems amazing, love everything about it, hope it comes into live server
    • Up x 2
  6. MichaelS

WOOOOOO!!!! Thx!

No deploy zone ....

btw, I notice this while equipting my sunderer. why are proximity repair and ammo dispenser DEFENSE options and not TOOL options. I mean they don't remair MY sunderer or fill up MY ammo. *rushes to the roadmap forum'
    • Up x 3
  7. MichaelS

Why am i dead when i log into the server?
  8. Crashsplash

I have to say I don't know what problem squad spawning galaxies are supposed to solve. Can anyone enlighten me?
  9. MichaelS

the problem that you squad is moving to a distant target where you can't spawn because of lattice or you are not getting nuked by anything that on a combat site (except the vhf get nuked). its just a comfort option.
    for the galaxy it makes it a much better option without giving to much power to it.
  10. RyanGUK

With regards to spawning to the deployment map on the login, could you make this a tick-box option for us? Especially on the first time we spawn into the game after this update? I'd appreciate that massively.
    • Up x 1
  11. Crashsplash

But if you want to move to a distant target and then squad spawn in you need to have a squad galaxy there in the first place. Why not simply recall to sanc, get a galaxy and fly there then do a good old-fashioned gal drop.

I don't know but I suspect it will remove/compress distance, which is good if all you're interested in is the skirmish at hand but not so good in terms of the larger continental battle.

Can you squad spawn into a galaxy while it is in the air?
  12. St0mpy

Another sign we need 3 loadout slots for vehicles (my suggestion was utility, armor and countermeasures).
    • Up x 1
  13. RyanGUK

It's just an addition to gameplay in my opinion. They couldn't do it without the lattice because well, can you imagine how badly that would be abused?!
  14. OldMaster80

This is a bad idea. No, it's a terrible idea. It can work only as long as gate diffuser disables the Sunderer ability to turn into a spawn point.
    First of all you're going to reduce the number of possible Sundy's loadouts, not increase. Second the combo AMS + Gate Diffuser would make base capture too easy in some cases.

The biggest fun at assaulting an AMP with gate diffuser is that people need coordination at placing beacons and Medics must struggle to keep people alive. Or at least you know once you're in Infiltrators have to hack a terminal and spawn another Sunderer. This is teamplay!

To summarize: you want a single vehicle driven by 1 player to automatically pass bases gates, turn into a spawn point, a people will be able to respawn on board even before it has been deployed? Why don't you also give Sunderers the ability to magically teleport people right on capture points?!?!?!?
    One of the big problems of this game is some bases are stil very hard to defend and you're turning Sunderer in the ultimate base-capture vehicle.

Some bases are defensible because you first have to overcharge and defend the Generator, THEN you can bring your mobile spawn point inside. And the no-deploy area does not cover all the base. Just think of the Amp Stations: if every freaking noob in the world can bring a spawn point inside just passing from the main gate, then the whole defensive concept is meaningless! People won't need to rush for the generators anymore!
    Because you can bet 5 minute after this thing goes live every Sunderer in the game will have a gate diffuser and defensive shields will suddenly become useless.
    • Up x 1
  15. Varnos

Right now the squad spawning on galaxies doesn't require anyone to be in the vehicle, nor does it care about no-deploy zones. Considering the massive amount of health one galaxy has, what is to stop a squad from spawning 12 galaxies and heading over to the base? Almost impossible to whittle down before the attack is well and truly established!
  16. Torok

I am In love with the Squad deploy new feature.

<3
    Thanks!

Galaxies will finally have an epic impact on outfit gameplay!
  17. Liquidrider

This is VERY encouraging. It has been painful to regroup with a squad during a battle at times. This will get players back in the fight and actually put the squad leader in a leadership role. Not to mention actually add more use to the Galaxy. As of right now it is just an oversized kamikaze bus.

Great addition in my opinion; hopefully it will make it to live.
  18. Astriania

Allowing AMS (or, worse, squad spawn inside) and GSD in the same Sunderer is quite seriously OP imho. Getting a GSD sunderer inside base limits shouldn't give you a spawn option, and definitely not one which evades no-deploy zones.

Actually I don't like the squad deploy feature at all, coordinating loading people up and moving them around is one of the few bits of logistics that PS2 has already, and this will take it away.

A better option would be to (i) give Galaxies AMS as a loadout option, like Sunderers, which can be deployed while landed; and, if Galaxy pickups are that annoying, (ii) give Galaxies a 'pick up' ability which is the reverse of a drop (i.e. pulls you up in a grav-protected bubble) in a small (50-100m) radius to allow hot pickups.

But really I don't think we need anything in this vein at all.

Good work on new Amerish though.
    • Up x 1
  19. UKAvenger

Not keen on the squad spawn changes unless certain checks are made to avoid exploiting it to an undesired use.

Spawn on warpgate on login is no more. I dont have tunnel vision so i have to disagree with this change for its possible long term effects, if you cant see what they are then thats a shame. Yeah its a sort of minor change but collectively... You are promoting and growing a big problem by doing this. People need to be taught and encouraged to spawn back and create forces not be encouraged to goto the fronts and play like its your average shooter. Also detracts from the empire hub feel where new guys are hanging around etc etc.

It takes 10 seconds of your precious time to deconstruct/redeploy and 4-10 more to respawn elsewhere if you wish. Is that too much to ask?
    • Up x 3
  20. Runegrace

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing these bases.

Spawning in a squad Gal? Awesome. This should actually make the air game much more interesting. Gals will have a much bigger impact on ground, and ESFs will actually have an objective in the air to attack/defend.

Sunderer AMS is now a passive? Also awesome. I mean, who ever ran flares on their Sundie? While GSD is going to be more common, I think people are also overlooking the benefits of stuff like Fire Suppression for a Battle Sundie build. Since it's usually so vital to have AMS I'm glad that it's just being made part of the vehicle.

As far as squad spawning, it needs to obey No-Deploy Zones. Also, there should likely be some sort of 'you need to have been in the squad for X minutes' to avoid possible abuse. Other than that, I really like the idea of this. If it doesn't quite work, I'd at least like to see it stick for the Galaxy.
    Ummm...why? Spawning at WG is a great place to gather, and it's also where pubs can get someone to gun their Lib, etc. If you remove this as a gathering point, I feel it overall hurts the community within the game. New players get help here, and it's also where Gal pilots pick up pubs to get them into an organized fight. It's where you get to see a full platoon gearing up for an OP, an think "man, I want in on this". And for what, 15s faster Instant Action when logging in? I feel this is not only unnecessary, but in fact damaging to the game's culture.