Overview of changes currently on test - 12/10/2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by joshua, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Pat22

Why have underbarrel grenade launchers been nerfed so severly when dumbfire rocket launchers, which are used against infantry just as often, if not more, remain untouched?
    If anything, there are more heavies using their rocket launchers at point blank ranges against infantry than there are Light Assaults and Engineers using the underbarrel launchers combined.
    Would it be so hard to give rocket launchers a 10 meter minimum range as well?
    • Up x 3
  2. Sergio Lima

Embrace yourselves Prowlers pilots, the winter is coming.
  3. ADUILO

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????????????????

These things obliterate infantry in real life.

Every single HE/HEAT weapon in the game is too ineffective against infantry in the game!
    • Up x 1
  4. Hicksimus

Sure, you can have your realistic heavy guns. As soon as my rocket punches through your rear armor and roasts you alive in your tank. Until then, no dice......your tanks are incredibly unrealistically resilient to damage so I see no reason for your guns to be true to form.
  5. ADUILO

Simple solution: make tanks less resistant to damage. They can take too much damage, anyway.
  6. SLiCKRiCK

Even as a primary VS player I feel that reducing the velocity of the prowler is a dumb nerf. They are locked down, i.e. sitting ducks! Flying is already easy mode as it is.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nintyuk

1. Available to everyone even BR 1 Derp
    2. Much longer Reload speed
    3. Equipped on a class that has only a limited supply and needs another player to get more of them
    4. Haven't been a consistent OSK for a while now.
  8. Pat22

Number 1 is an advantage
    Number 3 is irrelevant because engineers are everywhere unless you're alone in the middle of the Indar desert
    Number 4, I'm sorry, I must have imagined all those heavies running around with their rocket launchers shooting me in the face at point blank range for a one-shot kill.

I'm not saying the underbarrel grenade launcher should be as powerful as a rocket launcher, or the rocket launcher should be as terrible as the underbarrel launcher is about to become, but jeez, will I even be able to kill anything with it anymore?

Flak armor's getting a buff to direct damage, the underbarrel's getting a nerf to AoE, will I even be able to kill anything with it anymore or should I just start carrying the underbarrel shotgun instead?
    • Up x 2
  9. Nintyuk

This is the update of GO TRY SOMETHING ELSE FOR A CHANGE Signed The PS2 team, There are many highly used items getting similar treatment in this update so don't be so entitled.
    Also Flak armour will apply the same to rocket launchers as well so even less reason to complain.
    • Up x 1
  10. Sardaukar

Hi there! If your forum name is the same as your character, I have around ten times as many sniper rifle kills as you. Tell me all about sniping.
  11. Tenebrae Aeterna

Greetings and salutations!

My experience in sniping comes from Delta Force: Land Warrior with the Barret 50.cal sniper rifle at 600-1000m. During that time in my life, I frequently played the part of a dedicated sniper for roughly 6-10h straight for several years...until they closed the servers upon releasing their sequel. It doesn't really take much more than that to gain an adequate understanding of long ranged sniping and the mechanics behind it...which are obviously the same mechanics applied to Planetside 2 at its core. While up to date and far more challenging than DF:LW, the core mechanics and methodology remains the same.

As it stands, I don't have the framerate to efficiently snipe in Planetside 2 due to running the game on a stock dell laptop. I'm looking to get a new computer sometime soon though, so you can keep an eye on my kills once that happens, if you like. :) Until then, however, it's just more lucrative to use the SMG.
  12. Corezer

if you get killed by a rocket launcher DI, stop spawn camping.

UBGL isn't that powerful, just annoying when on the class that has infinite ammo, I have 2800 GCS kills (not with engy) and only a small amount are from UBGL, I have never killed more than one person without one of the 2 being DI'd, I can still count the number of multi kills on my fingertips alone.

once you nerf nano, plenty of people will use the next best thing (flak) there is no need to buff it more.

only nerf nano needs is reduction from 250 to 150 hp, this will not only let snipers get more headshots than the current fix, but will effect game balance in a positive way. live and test both make it take the same amount of extra bullets to kill with both fast and slow weapons, reducing to 150 will nerf it and make it so it doesn't **** lower RoF NC weapons.

while the prowler velocity when locked down on live is too much, it doesn't need to be run into the ground.

stop making your changes with a sledgehammer, successive bracketing is used for getting artillery, not game balance, on target. This is because you don't need direct hits with HE quick. You do need direct hits with game balance, and this method will cause great fluctuations in the number of users and the quality of users for the things you are trying to balance, making it near impossible to tell if changes hit their mark, are too much, or are too little.
    • Up x 2
  13. Brasil

When nerf the harasser I STOP of PLAY PlanetSide 2.

I hope that all the players who like the harasser do the same.

I'm player cash, and do not mind ending the game account.

SONY goodbye.
  14. Messaiga

Sounds good to me, I just hope that you guys balance things like the C85 and the Harasser just right, I am much more worried about how Max's will turn out by the end of all this though. I have faith in SOE though, since so far they seem to be doing good things.
  15. Livefire

Actually its the AV that is pretty weak this is because the current infantry AV is actually micro AV. Real full size AV weapons fire one shot kill and usually do not reload just like the AT4 and can kill any tank in "1" or 2 hits usually. Are high speed reloading AV rounds are slightly larger then your hand and are more like futuristic RPGs and that's why it takes 5+ rounds to kill a tank. Tank armor is fine, in fact the back of tanks is to weak and the weak side should be the top by default like R/L. Also they should add a full size AV one shot kill launcher in the game and the missiles should cost infantry resources so they can only be used sparingly. With improved realistic powerful tank weapons and functions this would be balanced.
  16. Thrix

Hahaha.. Hahahahaha... aaahahahaha! Hah... hehe... No. aircraft are squishy enough for AA cannons to take them down and most aircraft cost WAY too much to have one chav thinkin' he could "mow it down in 3/4 hits".

The urge i have to insult those people into the floorboard is overwhelming at times however at this very moment it feels like victory, so all i'll do is laugh~
  17. Posse

I was going to say R.I.P ZOE MAX; but this one changes things, we'll have to see the actual numbers though.

These are the best changes :D
  18. jaktrobot

How come no one is talking about mosquitoes with rockets, killing everything on the battlefield. But everyone thinks zoe is op thats just lol
  19. jaktrobot

I totaly agree, zoe aint even close to op atm, 1 rocket and u are dead as zoe max, it doesnt need a nerf at all :(
  20. Jaedrik

Balance changes :eek:

Flak is now the only way to go. I see there is a delicate balance though, we don't want more AOE spam, but if rockets can't 1 shot direct impact infantry, and they have no AOE potential, that means we have to use them as AV exclusively. Cert refund plox :3
    Okay, a little about 'intended roles', I was under the impression that they'd not limit things to only one use, isn't metagame where we find other usages to have a weapon compete on a reasonable level in different areas as well?
    Also, I hope you guys find someone that wants to take dat asymmetrical balance on!