Overview of changes currently on test - 12/10/2013

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by joshua, Dec 10, 2013.

1. TheKhopesh

One word to this...
    Canister.

Try killing a harasser with this piece of junk.
    (Pre-adjustments, that is. Haven't used it with the changes.)
  2. TheKhopesh

3. Tykune

Honestly, those who used the zoe max shouldn't even get their certs back with how broken it was.
  4. Gav7x

Drama-queen
    • Up x 1
  5. Ronin Oni

No thx....

either one requires being way to close, even with new weakness added for AI weapons in harassers
  6. Mastermind

None of these changes are good....
    • Up x 1
  7. AndyTB

• Striker and Annihilator
      • These have a 0.5 to 1.0 second longer lock time compared to the above launchers to compensate for them being able to lock on to multiple vehicle types
      • Fired projectiles now behave like the normal launchers (less hitting vehicles behind cover)
      • The Annihilator is getting a damage increase to offset it having a longer lock time and no dumb fire capability
    NOOO! My outfit already almost completely disowned the striker as it is, let alone the annihaltor? Why must you ruin such beautiful things with insane nerf's only to completely remove them from being used in any situation.
  8. TheKhopesh

I was just on the test server, and the locks are literally instantaneous within 100 meters (against air) and even when they are a bit further out, locks are still VERY VERY fast compaired to the speed they're at now (I was at about 200 meters, it took less than a second).

Trust me, the striker and annihilator will lock in 1/3rd to 1/2 the time it takes currently.
  9. teks

Lol, thats what the rest of the tankers said when the harasser was implimented.

They should have buffed main cannons rather then nerf the harasser, but all vehicles are getting nerfed so w/e. guess it more infantry time for everyone now.
    • Up x 1
  10. teks

lol, they realize that after adjusting for latency smoke and flares will be useless against 100 meter or closer lockons then
  11. Phos!

Not a fan of AV weapons vs. infantry being nerfed. These weapons are already considerably worse at this job than dedicated AI weapons.

To be honest the anti infantry utility of anti armor weapons never seemed crazy to me. I am curious how this is going to impact the vulcan, as it has no AoE.

These harasser nerfs needed to happen tho. Ideally they would have never gotten the AV weapons in my opinion. Lock on changes sound like finally something that screws over rocket bots without greatly impacting other airborne units but now I'm curious what the desired use case for rocket pods are - Destroy armor where there happens to be no anti air fire? Hunt down lone tanks?
    • Up x 1
  12. WyrdHarper

Probably for extra DPS on liberators and galaxies, except A2Am are probably better. I though we were already in the golden age of lock-ons, but apparently we're going into the platinum now. Flying is going to be less fun, especially for the unlucky pilots on southern Indar. The blanket nerf to noseguns is also bizarre. II'm not sure why infantry, who can OHK my cooldowned, resource-costing vehicle btw, need to be more difficult to murder. One of the reasons air attacks ground is that ground-based AA clears the skies better than AA aircraft do. Too often I'm stuck flying around with my nosegun over a ton of tanks and infantry with very few targets. Better lock-ons will not help.

On that note, does anyone know if A2Am were also adjusted?
    • Up x 2
  13. NC Sniper

YES!!! finally all of the changes people have been asking for are now being looked into. I just hope its not a case of too little too late though
  14. Phos!

But that's an air to air role, these are air to ground weapons.

By the way, great job complainers, now air units can't go anywhere near any sort of battle that matters.
  15. WyrdHarper

I'm very aware of that. That was a post heavily laced with bitterness. They also nerfed the explosive primaries, which were of limited use but fun in certain situations. They are basically taking the ESF from being a versatile strike vehicle to being solely AA, which might be okayish if liberators and gals had a more meaningful use, but they're not. My role is to hunt other aircraft whose only goal is to be shot by other things? Air is fun, but there needs to be a reason for an outfit or platoon to field air (or armor for that reason).
  16. Emotitron

This does seem like not the right answer to what I assume is SOE feeling there are just too many sniper headshots in the game. Slowing bullet velocity and/or increasing bullet drop it seems we be preferred - raising the difficulty to master sniper rifles rather than lowering it. Make a max range headshot harder if they were too common, but leave the reward intact for pulling it off.
  17. Emotitron

Yeah, as long as you are tweaking numbers SOE, please do something to make the Vektor useful for something. Flying with Tankbuster is pretty much mandatory, and all you need to do is give the Vektor some simple numerical love to bring it back into service - just a dps boost alone could bring it back into favor with no programming required.

And the Basilisk is definitely becoming ridiculous. That jack-of-all-trades master-of-all gun it is becoming the only loadout worth running.
    • Up x 1
  18. Sian

Vektor needs to be the long-range, accurate gun with Tankbuster as the spray damage close range.

Basilisk.. I have to say, despite being the un-sexiest gun available, it's just over-all so very very good, and its only downside is you can't aim it up very high. Can I swap my Lightning L100 turret for dual Basilisk? Plleeasssse?
  19. DeadliestMoon

How so?
  20. Gav7x

A sweeper would deal more damage to a harasser then the live version of the c85, and the sweeper is a 250cert infantry weapon