Operation: Make Faster Game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Sep 10, 2013.

1. likwidneo

This is a very inaccurate analogy. A more accurate one would be that the car works fine for most people, but about 20% of their target market for the car are people who are too short and can't reach the peddles. And you happen to be one of those 20%. Of the other 80%, 3/4's of them are whining because they can't reach the peddles either, but all they have to do is adjust their seats a little bit as a temporary solution while the manufacturer addresses the issue. This however, is too much to ask of some people.

I don't blame you at all for not giving SOE a dime until they deliver you a satisfactory product. That is of course your right as a consumer in a free market. And if SOE can't deliver a product that is valuable enough to a large market to generate a profit, then unfortunately the natural laws of the free market will rectify the issue.All I'm saying is A) I'm 100% positive that that won't be the case, based on their performance so far and B) there are some people on this thread, and I'm not saying you are one of them, who are not giving constructive feedback, rather they are lashing out at the dev team in a very mean-spirited and offensive fashion, and are practically rooting for them to fail, and stating they have no faith in the team, and yet they ask for more transparency in the same mean-spirited token. I mean... WTF?

This is a very poor question and I'm trying to be nice when I say that. There is no such thing as total or partial optimization. Optimization is a subjective concept. They might implement everything to the T as laid out in OMFG and get the exact results they expected, and then discover as a result that there's twice as much stuff as they could do to further optimize the game and double performance even more. What you are asking is "Will you meet my expectations and give me my 60< FPS on my hardware?" For the answer to that question see my previous statement on SOE's Oracle/Soothsayer Team.
  2. Placate

I have to say I think the timing sucks.

I have been hyped for Hossin, the resource revamp and continent locking for months. These features would have breathed fresh life into what is becoming a stagnant and repetitive game. Now EVERYTHING is on indefinite hold for "Optimization". I'm disappointed. Sure would I like the game to run better? Everyone wants the game to run better. But this screams to me of a feature lock while the developers scramble to port this over to a console.

I'm not angry, I just feel disenchanted. That even though myself and many others have sunk ALOT of money into this game to essentially support it only to be left out in the dark and cold. This isn't some dummy spitting quit post, just an honest opinion from a loyal soldier...
    • Up x 2
  3. Ketadine

It's not on indefinite hold, I think only till a few weeks after the PS 4 launch. The earlier they finish it the better, but I do think that they'll want to make some money soon after the PS 4 launch even if the game is not "optimized" . As I said before the optimization trend is a bit late now and I don't see what can they achieve performance wise in a few months that they didn't do in almost a year since the game came out, not to mention several months of beta testing. I seriously hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
  4. Styrkr

Can you explain the massive amount of redundant vertices in the mesh's? Are they for LOD or what?
  5. Tricycle

Academic? You do realize that you are optimizing game which is all about camping spawn rooms? Words like repetitive, tedious and boring fit the picture as well. May I ask what would be the point in doing that? Shouldn't you be making the gameplay, say, more interesting, satisfying and meaningful and maybe then start to optimize it? You see, the guys who left the game due to the performance issues will leave it again after one month when they realize how poor the gameplay is. It's like you are wasting your time for nothing at all..
  6. DLL2

ok you rework the client for more fps but do you rework the netcode? See many player who lag . They teleport when they use ESF or lib and this is not possible to do somethink.
  7. Chipay

8. Verisimilituder

Best part about that video: eff yeah, California office dress code is the best.

Also, can figure out when they filmed some of that because it's raining and it's only rained like 2 days this year.
  9. IronDragon1231

As long as you make it playable for a Intel (R) Celeron(R) CPU 1007U @ 1.50GHz 1.50 GHz and that has (2 cores) I will love u guys forever. :) lol
  10. Blarg20011

Yeah... I don't think that will be happening.
  11. MuldoonX9 Developer

The meetings you see aren't for the camera, they're for Jamey Ryan and Ryan Elam to get updates and to make sure everything is going along smoothly. It just so happens there are cameras in the same room recording. We aren't wasting time keeping you updated, since before and after these meetings we are working on optimizations. We also have always had these ten minute meetings called Scrums, just so our producers get updates. So even these meetings aren't anything new, it's just now they're recorded. We are working very hard to make sure you guys get better performance. :)
    • Up x 6
  12. KAHR-Alpha

Don't listen to the haters, being kept updated means a lot to true players, even if that means "wasting" a bit of time to do so.
    • Up x 7
  13. MuldoonX9 Developer

Thanks man! That means a lot to me.
    • Up x 6
  14. EliteEskimo

By the way hearing the little problems you've found in your updates, even if the problems sound technical or nerdy it gives us faith that you guys are tracking down the problems and that's huge. It lets the community know that there is hope, you guys are finding the problems, and you are doing your best at fixing them. :cool:
    • Up x 3
  15. deadlymint

Well, about damn time!

I will re-install the game if you guys manage to do this.

Best of luck.
    • Up x 1
  16. StanFor

I just hope we dont have to wait more than 2 monts for the first part of op updates(because hmmm Metagame !!!!!), but im suporting you people keep the work going and most important keep pushing information :D
    • Up x 1
  17. Zolton34

Actually they do. Most of what WOW has was originally copied from Everquest (and from many other games over the years). And they have the money to do it and to compete. SOE is just one branch off of Sony the makers of the Playstation consoles and a multitude of other products and games. And they have been around a long time. So they know what they are doing (or should by now) It be nice if they also worked on the errors and crashing that has been ongoing. I'm sure there are many others out there that wish they could play the game without worrying about random crashes and be able to play. But that seems to be on the back burner. As there is no mention of it in the first post and its been a long ongoing problem.
  18. Torok

first video is up
  19. EmperorPenguin5

Little late to the punch Torok. Like a day late.
  20. Torok

I live in EU, when they post this sort of stuff it's already the day after for me :)