OMG Higby looks at the VS MAX stats and admits to them!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by treeHamster, Jun 4, 2013.

1. deggy

Vanu want population balance as much as the other factions do. Victories are kind of hollow when your faction outnumbers everyone else 2 to 1.

The fourth faction is also irritating because they don't know how to be Vanu. They either don't realize or don't care that if a Sundy runs into a Mag, the Mag generally flips. So there are full-certed Magriders being killed by bone-stock, friendly AMS Sunderers.

Just allow only one character per server, and when the change is made, give people a week notice to delete the other characters on the same server. If they don't, all characters will be deleted.
    • Up x 1
  2. Flukeman62

"whiny brats" you don't endear yourself to the community by being a ****
  3. Vanon

Yea that was my suggestion. Even let the excess characters be server transfered. While some will say "oh it will hurt our outfit". or "I really need 6 characters all on the same server". Logicly the outfits will survive, the main toon will stay, and it will average out. I see no real reason why this isn't implamented. Plenty of other games have done this and not felt restrictive nor has it harmed them in any way.
  4. simmi1717

you want to make this game maxside 2?
  5. Gideon Ion

Although it would never happen, a deathmatch minigame with only maxes would be both hilarious and fun. Never ever however...

My mini-opinion is that it was nice actually being afraid of a max without just rolling through it and C4'ing it where it stood, or just whittling down it's armor while I hide behind walls. I considered a maxes a joke, but the high frequency of maxes is pretty depressing.
  6. TheOnlyFrankie

Because SOE just love Vanu and ditched the TR and NC.....
  7. Jkar

That won't work with all the server merging that is and will eventually be going on, you will end up with multiple chars on one server if you want to or not.

What would be a first step is making it so you can only log on to one faction on the same server and if you want to play another faction on that server you will have to wait a few hours. Of course they would have to make it so you get your daily certs on all characters if you just log in with one.
    • Up x 2
  8. Joysticky

Notice how the percentage of accuracy is extremely high? Well given that it's a sodding shotgun I doubt that you're dying from more than 16 meters away. That's not OP that's a shot gun. Shot guns are supposed to work well at close range. You know why they get a lot of kills? Because literally the only weapon type the NC maxes have for specifically anti infantry are shotguns; we're good with them because that's all we have. NC maxes are great at really one type of combat that's indoors bio-labs and what have you.

That's why our max's ability is a shield for breaching and getting inside buildings. Our maxes suck so badly in almost any other scenario, you'll notice that any nc max player will always try to get as close as possible before firing it's because of the limited range of the shotgun. If you want to blame something for the amount of deaths blame the horrible Biolab design... No one likes fighting in there it's too narrow and it's easy to defend in. not to mention it forces other players in close proximity which is why the NC max dominates. And with the addition of the alert types like biolab alerts we find massive numbers of players in biolabs for NC max's to destroy.
  9. HeadshotVictim

not only shotguns btw.
    the Falcons are also more of a CQC AV-Weapon in the first place.
    Slow bullets, much drop will make you miss even sunderers at Esamir in "rough" terrain. Sure you can hit things with it, but a strafing Magrider will be so safe against a Dual-Falcon-Max.
    Deployed sunderers and luck-shots are called for these things.
    So the only option for NC-MAXes is CQC (dont know about Ravens though) and since the bursters will be "revamped" as well as fas as I know the only long range option is getting nerfed as well....
  10. soeguud

OR better yet, not use an NC max at all. You'll achieve a better TTK on a max with a heavy - direct hit with empire rocket launcher + MG spray. MAXes are easily melted at close range as an infantry player, plenty of options available. Mid-long range, where TR/VS shines, NC maxes are shafted, most cqc advantage being mitigated by iunno.. people who're smart? that or sheer numbers. Cert investment doesn't pay off either. And faction bound players still insist they're overpowered...
  11. Vadimir

It used to be the case that you couldn't have characters from different factions on the same server. However that got changed. SOE claimed they did it because that's what people wanted, and indeed there were people on the forum asking for it (for the record I wasn't one of them). However I personally believe that was just a smoke screen, and the real reason they lifted the restriction was for the upcoming server mergers but obviously at the time they didn't want to admit they would have to merge servers so soon after launch.

While I can see why they lifted the restriction I really wish they had implemented some form of mechanic (such as the one proposed by Jkar) to stop people just hoping faction at will. On Woodman whenever there is an alert the population of the winning faction shoots up and then, within minutes of the alert finishing, goes back to what it should be. It's really quite sad.
  12. Posse

The high percentage of the shotguns is because as long as one pellet hits then it counts as a hit, in terms of the accuracy recorded for the weapon it doesn't matter if all the pellets hit the target or only one hits it.
  13. PurpleOtter

With the inbound resource cost being upped to 350 per MAX this actually becomes viable. I still think that MAX's should only be damaged by HA infantry held weaponry (MCG/JackHammer/Lasher) and explosives, rocket launchers, plus vehicle mounted weapons of course. An LA plinking away with a carbine should just scratch the paint.
  14. Xasapis

I've seen so many people claim the opposite ... SOE must be doing a good job if people claim that XX empire is developers favorite and XX is not consistently the same ;)
    • Up x 1
  15. VanuSmile

lol..
    Vanu is the trash of ps2, all good ideas gone to TR and NC, ******* crazy unusefull things to VS.
    and if they get randomly a good weapon/vehicule (MAg, Zoe) they get a serious nerf some weeks after.

just for ex:
    What did they do to the pb of striker killing air game? nothing
    to the MAX NC one shoot others MAX? nothing
    is those normal thing?!

hey Higby, try to avoid Vanu now, you just ruined my Fun for a game i was waiting for 10 years, and i am not the only one.
  16. UltimatePowa

I think you underestimate how awesome the Vanu's weapons are.
    Strikers do need to be "nerfed." (Probably redone to be wire-guided and that should suffice.)
    Phoenix's should be redone. (Don't think it should have been camera guided to begin with. A Gauss Cannon or Rail-gun would have been nice rather than a poor damage rocket that's impossible to control.)

Lancers are good. I get killed by them alot, but not in enough ridiculous ways for me to think they are OP.

But in general, Vanu's weapons are monstrous. I still remember the early days of PS2 where entire Zergs of NC would go out of their way to attack the TR rather than the Vanu, simply because the Vanu's pinpoint accurate weapons would always eat our infantry alive.
    It's not as bad now, but it's still not that good for us.

The biggest problem in PS2 for me is this;

VS are Laser kids.
    Awesome Laser weapons and canons with insane accuracy. I've seen Vanu SMGs gun me down out of my AC-X11's range which is designed for medium range conflicts. Hovering tanks, Scythes, and don't forget about that reload speed. They're MAXes have weapons that fire at short/medium ranges, sometimes long.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

TR are the bullet hoses.
    Awesome Chainguns, double canons on their tanks, Lockdown/Anchored, accurate and fast firing weapons (doesn't really make sense but okay), and they're MAXes fire at short/medium ranges, sometimes long.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

NC are the shotgun and shield kids. -_-
    Meh shotguns. Jackhammer is fun but like all shotguns, it's very situation unlike the TR's T7-Chaingun or the Vanu's Lasher which is also technically a chaingun so the NC get screwed again.
    Shields are useful but not fun like the other faction's abilities (except the MAX's shield), this is a game after all.
    Our MAXes are effective at short ranges, and occasionally medium ranges.

Are the NC's weapons underpowered? Well, no, sometimes they're even overpowered.
    Well what could be the problem? Shotguns are a very situation weapon. The other factions main weapons are much, much more versatile.
    That's the problem.

I love the NC but had I know they were the "shotgun kids" and every special weapon we got was a shotgun, I wouldn't have rolled NC.
    Honestly, if the NC gets one more shotgun on a tank, aircraft, MAX, flash unit, you name it, I'm going to stop playing and never look back.
    There are many people on the NC that feel the same way.

Please note this is probably one of my most favorite games of all time next to Vanilla WoW, Battlefield 1942, and the Elder Scrolls so I don't mention leaving the game for good lightly.
    At the moment Planetside 2 is my absolute favorite game.

Want a solution to this issue?
    Give us Gauss Cannons and Rail-guns then give all factions shotguns.
    Which all factions already have shotguns. :(
  17. TheKhopesh

I love how he once again hits the nail on the head so perfectly that the VS don't even deny it.
    They just make some comment about being insulted.
    :D
  18. Shiaari

Speaking of population issues, Vanu population on Waterson remains stagnant. I'd love some more purple Peeps (yes Peeps) to roll around with.

About Zealot Overdrive: I've never used it, and probably never will. I've always maintained a profoundly high KDR with my MAX by merely being at the right place at the right time with the right weapons. I know many players swear by Zealot Overdrive, but as far as I am concerned no amount of additional damage is worth being more vulnerable to receiving the same. That's just my battle philosophy.

My biggest gripe is--having returned after a two month hiatus--discovering Cosmos accuracy got OMFGWTFBBQ!!!1 nerfed in favor of Blueshift in GU07, a change that was completely undocumented. The whole reason I acquired Cosmos instead of Blueshift was for the accuracy and ammo capacity. It was a perfect long-range suppression tool. Now I have to save up 2,000 certs or wait 3 months for the SC to acquire both left and right Blueshifts.

FML

Anywho, Zealot Overdrive... as a long-time Vanu MAX user in both PS1 and 2... to hell with it. I don't particularly give a rat's a** what they do to it. I was one of the few Vanu MAXes that understood how excellent the Vanu MAX was, and is. Now all of the PUBies have caught up now that they have Zealot Overdrive.

Nerf the hell out of ZOE, please. I hate watching n00b MAXes score well.
  19. KnightCole

Lol that was my observation. Everywhere the VS go, its 30 guys, 18 MAX suits, 8 Engis, a couple HA and some medics.

At night its nutz. its 55+ % VS everywhere.....and they own all the worlds.
  20. DolanMolder

Higby Just can't take it when something from another Faction is a bit better than the NC things. Ever seen serious NC nerfs? No.(only the hacksaw thingy, which is a step in the right way. Keep it going) They usually just adjust a few things in a very minor way to add one or 2 OP buffs. Producers, why don't you REALLY balance things? Just leave the Goku Mode the way it is. It's only fair that the TR gives up movement for fire rate and reload speed, they can rely on RoF, NC deserves to give up offense, because they have a shield to guard them until they are up close to their target. and the VS gives up 20% of the armor to get movement speed, and a bit of damage. (really. the damage is barely anything.) So Leave. It. Alone.