OMFG! OMFG1 IS OUT!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Scure

I hope they will still focus on performance then. :) This patch was awesome, but i'm sure they can still pull out a lot of FPS.
  2. Nenarch

hmm, The UI text changes weren't that hot.. texting weapons name instead of icon.. is pretty annoying as you have to read your uppercorner instead of super fast glance.

Lag.. Not sure, there's something wrong with indar or was yesterday and a bit this morning aswell me and few other br100's where having lag issues.. like tanks apperaing out of nowhere.. and players.. wasn't that fun as we stopped our session early for friday.
  3. Crackulous

Thank you again for your hard work and effort. Regardless of whether or not it worked out, it's good to hear you're trying to make the gameplay a better experience in regards to aspects other than content.
    • Up x 2
  4. XStormfire962

Dude this DEVS are aware of this and frankly there are most likely for users then you realize with these type of specs on there system.
  5. Zorro

Although it seems I have a few more fps, the game does seem to crash more often (then again, I had not played for two weeks before the update). Still, great job!
  6. Bobaflay

Its slower now. Dont know why.
  7. ViXeN

Congrats on finally getting this released! :D I just got back last night so I'm about 10 mins away from trying the new and improved PS2.
  8. vilehydra

Gosh darn college getting in the way of planetside 2
  9. Planetmonger

I actually have only a dual core and it plays fine, and am on a laptop soooo
  10. Rockit

It appears they did more than what was listed to boost performance. It seems they cut the continent population limit by about 1/2 to 1000 total players and that is fine by me.
  11. Posse

It doesn't seem to be the case to me, you might think so because there are more queues these days, but that's just the effect of the 2x XP boost.
  12. Croodle

My framerate went from trash 8fps average to a bearable 20. (needs new computer, if you haven't noticed) So thumbs up on my end.
  13. NC_agent00kevin

Ive been playing regularly since the patch and can say that in every circumstance so far there is a vast improvement. I know Ive posted on this subject before, but I want to reinforce it. This patch was pure magic for my PC. In most cases I have 3x the framerates as before, and even in massive battles I get at least twice (actually slightly more than 2x) the frames.

I was seriously losing interest in this game because it was getting frustrating dying and knowing Im a better player than that...but not being able to function efficiently with poor framerates. My interest is now renewed and I play it as much as I did when it was still new and shiny.
  14. iRepair

Very unlikely.
  15. iRepair

Oh, yes. They could indeed! They could remove the client-sided hit detection and various other client-sided "features" that don't work much like features but rather slow down the game tremendously.
    Also, if they made hit detection server sided, and various other client-sided processes, then that would mean no more getting shot when in safety, no more speed "hacking," no more people shooting through walls, having infinite ammo, and plenty of other stuff going on.

But, you know, that would require expensive servers and thus lead to revenue loss on Sony's part--or probably so.
  16. soeguud

Post patch thoughts:

FPS counter running higher across the board, but no noticeable changes.
    Game still crashes on alt tab
    and
    hilariously enough, game crashes when quitting.

Good work I guess?
  17. bobek388

So when will OMFG 2 be released, and why doesn't SOE upload OMFG videos anymore? It looks like they're dead. No news, no nothing, all they do is they give us offers to milk money of us.
  18. DeadliestMoon

Do you have a Twitter? Because Higby said somewhere around mid-December on Twitter. "Milk money" it's a free to play game, how else do you expect them to make money?
  19. mitch727

the patch makes me have around 20 fps, i used to get around 60 or higher. so thanks for making the game unplayable for me now. maybe in the next patch we can get it down to 10.
  20. Conzb

I'm getting game freezes after the OMFG patch, is there a project going to solve the game crashes??????????????????????????????