Ok pilots if everything is balanced then why....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vendettta, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littleman

And I think a skyguard worth it's cost would be fun. By worth it's cost, I mean it would easily devastate aircraft solo, preferably through a combination of lock on missiles and a more accurate flak cannon, not a more powerful flak cannon. By fun, I mean it wouldn't be an ineffective one-trick pony. The more accurate flak cannon is mostly for additionally engaging infantry, turning it into something of an infantry support vehicle in tandem with being an AA platform.

Flak is overall fine, I'll admit. The problem is accessibility and perceived power. I really wish SOE would just give everyone that second burster arm, HA the annihilator from the start, and that may be all that really needs to be done. No one really feels effective with just one burster arm, and dumb fire rockets are only good as close range RPGs. Accuracy doesn't even matter for the latter, it's an issue of being too slow to catch an aware but exposed tank.
    • Up x 1
  2. Malevolent

Opinions are not facts.
  3. Malevolent

Hi Dral, yes I said that for effect and figured it would raise some hackles.

FYI I do play NC and say YEEEEHAWWW every time I fire a big gun =p
  4. Malevolent

Its called a side-step. Would rather not argue about something that isnt setting you on fire.
  5. KoSGunny

Yawn.. Oh, did you say something?

Wait, so without rocket pods.. MY MEDIC WILL BE UNSTOPPABRU! MUAH HAHAHA.. HEHAHAHE.. HUAHAH..HERRR *COUGH* HAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA! HA!

Such a broad assumption by such an unskilled individual.

Man who can fly, can not walk.

You sound like Confuscious' inbred great great great grandson.
  6. Vendettta

I was asked how I know that the majority of people agree that AIR is OP. I wasn't asked for facts, I was asked to show what most people think. So here you go changing the argument.
  7. Malevolent

Precision crafted ordinance on target, well said.
  8. Vendettta

No its called avoiding an argument that you have no counter for....
    • Up x 1
  9. LameFox

If it takes a team to make AA work, then hell, I'm a team! Yay me!

I don't think you quite understand what I mean about targets. There would be no need to mark them with something as huge as the waypoint, because you can tell easily enough that there will be someone roughly in that area. The issue is performing fine aiming at a target that you will pass in about 5 seconds (based roughly on 220kph and 300m render - though I forget, infantry may render to air even closer than that). It really will be simpler to understand if you just try.

Whatever you feel displays your situational awareness I suppose. Though if MAX counts as infantry too, I'm more successful than I claimed. Dual-Mercy-MAX almost makes me feel guilty...
  10. Dral

Was being a bit sarcastic but I do enjoy the NC, other factions just jealous of the music.
  11. Sowahka

A good infantry player will die to anything, half the game is luck. And a good player isnt going to run out into wide open areas on foot, this isnt a game were you're meant to pick one thing and only do that one thing, get into a bus when moving between points, every single hex gives you a vehicle terminal. You can even open the map, wait ten seconds and land on the next base with a drop pod. If you're out in the open you shouldn't expect to live, it's ridiculous. Are you expecting aircraft to be so bad that a lone soldier in the middle of an open field actually stands a chance of surviving? If I'm not behind cover as a soldier and anything starts shooting at me I know that my only chance to live is to find cover fast, unless it's a terribly bad player shooting at me that lands so few hits that I actually have time to stop, find him, take aim, and gun him down.

How much punishment is a bag of meat supposed to be able to absorb when there's tank shells and rockets raining down on his head without even so much as a bush to obscure him? Really not sure what you expect, if a soldier without cover is somehow supposed to survive a 200m sprint while under fire then the smart people that have cover are never going to die.
  12. Malevolent

Totally agree I am all for an improved skyguard, because in their current state they suck balls.

My argument was basically that there are effective tools to use versus aircraft, maybe not a skyguard, but at least there are counters. To me when a player whines that something is OP instead of using the tools provided to defeat what they are whining about is just being lazy and weak minded.
  13. KoSGunny

18 pages of "WAAAAH!" in about 5 hours.

You deserve a cookie.
  14. Littleman

And AA don't have this problem vs fast moving aircraft? Color me shocked, but I'm sensing a very biased viewpoint here.

I'm more liable to point fingers at SOE for being too money greedy that they're actually hurting the game play. I only ever use one burster arm if I feel there are going to be regular infantry encounters and a machine gun with far too many barrels would be awesome to have, but as is standard for the MAX, one weapon type per arm just feels like the MAX is working at 50% for each role, as opposed to two arms dedicated to a single role feeling like 200%, like I want to believe SOE intended for it to be.

Ugh... "want to" being the key phrase here. I never did put much stock into the sanity of an MMO developers design decision making processes.
    • Up x 1
  15. Vendettta

I'm jealous of the dual hacksaws. They make my OP dual mercy look like sht in any CQC situation
  16. KoSGunny

http://1.bp.************/-F5BAq-TwOpY/T5dpI1sSy-I/AAAAAAAAAUk/cV_yoaP5Hs0/s1600/Cookie+Bite.jpg

One bit is my delivery fee. The rest is for you.
  17. Vendettta

So you failed at debating and you're just going to spam these comments for the next several pages?
  18. Malevolent

I see one thread every few times I visit these forums. This hardly supports your argument nor does it make it factual. Data please? Source?
  19. Rothnang

So, you can also get an awesome K/D without even really trying hard as a sniper, or with a MAX unit, or by camping a spawnroom.

K/D is meaningless in this game, because whether or not a strategy produces a large K/D is not the deciding factor in whether or not it wins battles.
  20. Vendettta

No way. Do you really think so? lol
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.