Ok pilots if everything is balanced then why....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vendettta, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimRussle

A good infantry player will be owned by a below average skill air player because of the way the game is designed. 90% of the map is wide open areas where infantry can not even hide from air. If we want to take the approach of air having such a large advantage over infantry then the problem is much less being able to defeat air but a problem of being able to avoid air.
    • Up x 3
  2. Malevolent

Actually yes I think air superiority is fun. I also think its fun to have to defeat air superiority to be effective on the ground, which is what my outfit does every single day of the week. Ask any of them, our order of battle is simple:

1. Control the airspace
    2. Fix target
    3. Maneuver

I wont elaborate on that because I dont really want our enemies to know too much more about it, but yes, I think thats fun, and apparently so do over 400 other people in my outfit, so I am not really alone in this regard.

By the way I really do like the idea of your laser designator, I recommended a long time ago and wish they would implement it.
  3. Vendettta

He says "wrong" and then continues to do exactly what I said in the post above. hahahaha Self-ownage at its best.
    • Up x 1
  4. Vendettta

So because his outfit can do something, it means nothing is really OP and it should be the same for everyone in the game. More logical fallacies from our friend Malevolent. Lets see if he can show us all of them in one single thread. rofl
    • Up x 1
  5. KoSGunny

Easy.

Didn't take me 5 seconds. And this is comparable to how ESFs and Liberators are damaged but manage to get to safety as the game is now.

Still waiting on you killing 10 AC-130's though.

Seems I'm always right when I speak. But you just finger-point some unintelligent garbage and then move on to your next lame insult and dismissal of anyone who proves you wrong.

Back to popcorn now.
  6. weenus

Yeah I really don't understand why this debate is even continuing. A lot of times, a base or region is totally air controlled by a faction. Get anywhere near it in an ESF or lib and you get swiftly run out, if not outright demolished.
  7. Vendettta

Malevolent lives in his own little bizarro world.
    • Up x 1
  8. Malevolent

I dont want real, I want to simulate real. In other words, I dont want to spend millions of dollars on aircraft nor do I have any interest in going to flight school.

Thats where the "simulate" part comes into play. Its fun to be in an environment that "simulates" realism, and at the same time leaves certain factors of realism out. Its about having fun.

Which is what this argument really is about - some people think fun is everything equal - some people think fun is rock paper scissors where you have to use your brain and coordination to win.

Planetside shines because it provides rock - paper -scissors and requires tactics to win. The minute that changes, is the minute I will find it boring.

You can always go play a game that already does the everything is equal thing, there are tons of them on the market you know.
  9. Vendettta

No sound in the video and no hovering over a base continuously spamming rockets. What the **** was that. rofl
  10. Fanaticalist

Fifteen pages worth of ranting... do I really want to step into this? Will this post even matter. Eh, here's a quick take.

I think that this "balance" that everyone is talking about is just a symptom of a much larger problem - Planetside doesn't know what it wants to be when it grows up. If it was a real MMOFPSRPGBBQ as advertised then K/D would be completely extraneous. However, there is a lack of connection between the land and the people. No one cares what gets gained or lost. People look for the big payday in xp, certs, and kills (which is the fastest way to the other two). So, it's no wonder that players complain about equality when the determining factor for many players is not winning or losing, but how many certs they have.

For a game that requires organization for success it needs more tools to encourage teamwork for even casual players that don't have the time to join a competitive outfit. For a game that advertises "With the territorial control meta-game, landmass has intrinsic value" there certainly seems to be little value to the land we gain or lose. I think if there was more connection and more impetus to compete, along with better tools to help disorganized players gather into short-term teams, then perhaps some of these balance issues would iron themselves out.
  11. Grahf Azura

I saw a stream showing a big outfit as they owned any aircraft because they were first very organized and second all had lock on rockets. They were all zerging a base and any time aircraft was spotted they blew it out of the sky instantly. It was very refreshing to see something like this happening.

So my suggestion to all who hate Air domination is to get organized and get your team mates all lock on rocket launchers. You get one squad full of HA with these things and you will destroy any aircraft that comes near you.
    • Up x 1
  12. Hydragarium

Simple AA can remove ESF entirely from the airspace in seconds - Liberators are a bit tougher due to their health. We've cleared and held Peris with 6 AA MAX'es from a constant swarm of Vanu onslaught from the Warpgate just one hex over.

6 Max'es is a lot? Not for the amount of people present - smaller outposts can scare off most air targets with a single MAX or 3-4 heavies with coordinated missile attacks. It really isn't rocket science... or well I suppose it is in this case. ;)
    • Up x 1
  13. Cowboyhomer

I already posted one in this thread....
  14. Vendettta

Uh do you even know what "simulation" means? rofl
    • Up x 2
  15. Malevolent

Mostly because I am bored and Vendetta continues to respond to pointy sticks made of words =p
    • Up x 1
  16. Vendettta

Then why not have more AA options if you want realistic tactics, like LittleMan's suggestions in his post? What are you pilots afraid of??? People being able to take you down before you get your 40 kills?
    • Up x 1
  17. Malevolent

Hehe. Wish I could play the game instead, but it at least provides some entertainment.
  18. Yeo-Yin

I still don't understand why because you use resources and you have a timer on something, this thing should be strong. No, this thing can give you a different game experience (flying itself is fun) but no strength at all.
    Plus, resources and timers should limit the access to something. If they don't, it's just like they don't exist.
    If you can pass the day long in a lib cause the time to kill you is very higher than the time it needs to have the resources back and the timer reset, then you can forget about timers and resources.

For this 2 reason, vehicles shouldn't be stronger than infantry.
    • Up x 2
  19. Vendettta

Or because you fear the nerf like most pilots who can't cut it on the ground.
    • Up x 1
  20. JimRussle

But now you're just highlighting the problem...needing more people/teamwork to counter less people/teamwork.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.