O:MFG - NC about to be buffed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Larolyn, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Larolyn

What makes slow rof and hard hitting weapons not so user friendly? Bad fps. With bad fps comes shoddy hit registration and jerky enemy movements on screen. With an improvement to fps just around the corner, the NC will be getting an indirect buff to the vast majority of their arsenal. I know from experience that my Cyclone, Claw and Gauss SAW all work exponentially better when I am rocking more than 40 fps. Sub 30 fps and my tactics become the filthiest and cheesiest tactics possible. So here's to the indirect NC buff landing in hopefully less than a week.
    • Up x 17
  2. NC_agent00kevin

I see I am not the only one :D
    • Up x 2
  3. Fredfred

All, I can say is, if you get you butt kicked in a populated biolab, tech plant or amp station fight by a guy name kittenrainbow. Then you got you butt kicked buy a guy running 9-20 fps, no joke.
    • Up x 2
  4. Phyr

An FPS boost is not going to magically "fix" NC, but don't let us stop you from grasping at straws.
    • Up x 10
  5. Metal Insomniac

I hate you for getting me excited for no reason. You do make a point, though. It will probably make a minimal difference, I'm afraid.

I get 50-80 fps in most situations. I often forget how badly others suffer from fps issues, and wonder why they have such slow reaction times and bad aim.

Gotta give it to you, though. You're definitely seeing things with the glass half full. :p I'm a complete pessimist when it comes to SOE, these days.
    • Up x 2
  6. Fredfred

It may actually help more than we think, or maybe not at all. I am pretty sure NC will get a significant indirect buff.
    • Up x 1
  7. gnometheft

Gotta agree, this will indrectly buff all players, nc may get a tiny fraction bit more gain, but it will be at best negligible.
    • Up x 1
  8. Phyr

NC wont get any more improvement from it then any other faction. It could be a buff to PLAYERS on crap computers.
  9. Larolyn

That's the thing. It may be gods gift to the NC. It may very well be as useful as a gazelle in a shoe shop. Who knows? Until then I remain cheerfully optimistic that this could very well be a significant boost to the majority of the slow firing, hard hitting NC weapons.
  10. HadesR

I'm sure if it's true it will not be long before the " FPS is OP .. Nerf !!! NC " threads .. :)
    • Up x 2
  11. Cougarbrit

Not as big a buff I'll get if trees no longer wreck my fps.
  12. Larolyn

Why I never see you in a tank anymore?
  13. Ribero

I look forward to getting a stable 20fps outside of Esamir Warpgate.
    • Up x 3
  14. wolfva

Huh. I hadn't thought of that, OP. Hmmm. Now I'm interested to see how the op-patch does affect the NC overall. Granted, some with really good computers won't notice anything different, but so many people DO have low end computers.....yeah. It should be an interesting week on the forums when that patch is released <G>.
  15. HadesR

I wouldn't hold my breath for low end machines getting to much of a buff this first patch

16. wolfva

Oh, when it comes to statements made by ANY company, much less game companies, I NEVER hold my breath. Or expect much from them. I find it makes life simpler...and less rage filled. Don't even get me started on how little I expect from our elected officials!
    • Up x 1
  17. Nocturnal7x

Nah, this is gonna help a few people who are really terrible on all factions.
  18. Cougarbrit

Harassers, pretty much. They're much more fun to drive, I don't mind giving up some infantry farm in return for mad jumps and vulcaning Magrider's fat arses. I don't have any AV secondaries on my Prowler either, you need those with a gunner to survive nowadays unless you're at the back of a zerg somewhere, I never used to have a gunner so I never bothered buying a proper gun. Maybe I'll get around to certing up my Prowler again, but we rarely use tanks in JETR apart from Skyguards. There's just not really any need for them anymore.

I still do use them every now and then though, if I'm playing solo or in a public squad.
    • Up x 2
  19. Larolyn

Kind of sad that MBT no longer has the role it once had. Remember having great battles against the TR, JETR and you in the old Esamir between Aurora Materials and Apex Genetics. Not even a lattice link there anymore and use to be my favouritest places of all to do tank battles. Now my tank gathers dust as I run around in a Lightning and slowly start certing out my harasser. I miss tanking. Same in KAIN too, harassers, skyguards or don't bother.
  20. Cougarbrit

Yeah, Esamir was ruined for tanks especially. Lots more bumps and small hills n **** that throw off your aim if you dare move, not like the gentle, rolling snow drifts it used to be. That sort of terrain is perfect for Harassers though.

Lattice ruined the fights inbetween Esamir bases too, most of the lattice connections aren't the same routes that were actually taken when capping bases on the continent, and half the bases you never get to fight at now. Especially East River Skydock or whatever it's called. Looks like it'd be such a cool base to have a squad or two of infantry fight over it, but the only action it sees are pilots fighting near the rearming dock and ghostcappers. The bases you do get to fight at are completely encircled by walls so there's no point taking tanks there.
    • Up x 3