NS Revolver Feedback

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Master, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Master

underboss 3 shot kill ppl at hipfire ranges. longer range even the commissioner takes more than 3 shots...(trust me, I have the commissioner and used it in combat).
  2. WalrusJones

Fewer bullets on a bodyshot isn't an advantage?
  3. ChaosRender

The only reason to buy the NS guns for me is for damage and the Commissar has the best damage, and no noticeable down sides other than it only having 6 rounds.

But is all in how you use it, my LA will use the default pistol with a silencer because it is better. My HA will use a commissar with his shot gun, and my engi may use it with his SMG for finishing people.
  4. Master

Depends on the range. I forgot how many body shots it takes the commissioner but its 3 for the underboss.
  5. WalrusJones

Infiltraitors take 2 shots from the commi on the body. (If it takes one headshot, it takes two body shots.)

People with any nanoweave take 4 from the underboss.
    People with low levels nanoweave simply take 3, still.
  6. Zenith

The NS-44 is useful for killing wounded enemies, as it does more damage per round than the NS-357. Not only this, but if you can control the recoil, it is possible to kill at medium range as well. I popped some guy on a tower with it today, and he was only a vague dot... and moving. :eek:
  7. Eclipson

I got the NS-44 for one reason. I want a freaking cool looking as heck pistol. This thing, with the TR zebra camo looks so good.
  8. Syphers

My feedback on the Commissioner: Reduce the recoil punch, we can't see properly when aiming down the sight this is a big deal really. This aside it's a good weapon at last a worthy pistol to take down HAs
  9. Thpthpthp

I would really love if the Commissioner just had a 3.4 or 4 scope option, for the range it's more effective than the Underboss at the iron sights are terrible.
    • Up x 1
  10. LeanV

Holy **** dude. We have a winner. I'm not even kidding.
  11. Fenrisk

You just know there will be more revolvers coming out given their current names.

The Overboss
    The End Boss
    High Commissioner
    The Sheriff
    The Deputy
  12. Rhyl

The underboss requires 4 hits against someone with max nanoweave. The Commissioner is still 3.
    • Up x 1
  13. Zenith

It may not seem like much, but in my experience one shot can and often will make all the difference.
  14. Rhyl

That was my point actually. Many people think the underboss outperforms the Commissioner in every way simply because it has a higher ROF. While I chose the underboss myself I envy the Commy's ability to three shot someone regardless if they have max nanoweave or not. I think the two are pretty comparable and well balanced against each other. Both are amazing guns.
    • Up x 1
  15. Phazaar

The Underboss works a lot like a Deagle etc. It's just a great little sidearm if you prefer the slow and calm approach to backup weapons rather than (my preferred) SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT UNTIL THE BASTARD DIEZZZZZZZ kinda thing...

I really wish the Commissioner was intended as a clear secondary weapon instead of backup weapon. I'd like to see it with a scope (at least a 2X reflex, I mean, COME ON!) 3.4x-6x, HV ammo, and perhaps even some kind of weapon stock. It's just not that useful as it currently is. I don't think it should ever outshoot a rifle, but it'd be nice if it gave you something a bit unique in that 50-150m range.
  16. Adolatus

I guess it will eventually get to the point of asking someone, "Have you Shot The Sheriff, but not the Deputy?"
    • Up x 1
  17. Syphers

I'd like a small NC style 1x reflex sight on it
  18. SgtBreastroker

Now if they only made the Commissioner OHK with a Headshot within 20m then I can go back to my happy days in Bad Company 2 Rexecuting people with the REX or fluking headshots with the Magnum in Battlefield 3.
  19. Master

Eh I still say that the commissioner should get a buff 2 min damage. The scale will still tip over to the underboss until that happens because you can still use it as a medium range pistol and be more "friendly" at CQC ranges bc of the higher BPM and faster reload speed. Commissioner is extremely unforgiving on missed shots. Yeah you hit harder at hip fire ranges but if you miss....there's hell to pay. 25 min dmg diffference is not enough....
  20. Hoki