NS Revolver Feedback

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Master, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Master

Right now it seems the commissioner needs a MINIMUM DMG buff.

The difference currently is by 25 DMG.

The commissioner is a pistol that would be good at medium ranges, so says the description. The only thing that it has going for it is 100 projectile velocity over the underboss.

However the underboss can put rounds down range quicker, and the faster reload makes it more forgiving. It is also a better choice for hipfire ranges because of the increased BPM and faster reload. Because of this...it is the better choice because it's still VERY decent at medium ranges and it's much better in CQC. This makes the underboss more versatile, more forgiving because of the reload speed, and as decent at range as the commissioner given the minimum dmg difference.

TL;DR

buff minimum dmg of the commissioner to be a better option than the underboss if your looking for a medium range pistol.
    • Up x 5
  2. VSDerp

I love it.
  3. Izriul

You know what bothers me?

Underboss.

I mean seriously, just say that word again

Underboss

Underboss...what kind of ******* name is underboss? underboss underboss underboss.

what a stupid name.
    • Up x 9
  4. Master

so u want it to be called the OVERboss?
  5. Master

How do you use the commissioner? Mind you this is coming from a CQC infil that is looking for an option for a pistol to use at range where my SMG is ineffective.
  6. Phrygen

they both are kinda bad honestly.

But the commissioner is really bad imho. Underboss is at least good cqc on with hipfire
    • Up x 1
  7. VSDerp

well me being a infiltrator i cloak and kill other snipers :D or people in general. me using a beamer most of the time really sucked but having a reliable sidearm now makes the game way more enjoyable for me. i bought the commissionor i didn't really like the underboss.
    • Up x 1
  8. Izriul

I'd rather it was called hugo boss

but hell, even undertaker would be better (imo) and that just popped into my head as I was typing it. Seriously...

underboss?!

Edit - but more on topic, as weapons go, they are doing the right thing this time around by introducing average-like weapons, with a niche that can make them very powerful in the right hands, but not in the hands of everyone (like a PA)
    • Up x 1
  9. OddChelsea

You're all ignoring the single fact that makes the commissioner superior to the underboss...

It looks so much cooler, dammit.
    • Up x 3
  10. Master

So you flank and hit them in the back? Underboss does that with 3 body shots. Also 1 body bolt action rifle shot + 1 body underboss shot = dead.
  11. Master

That's pretty much the only thing really....
  12. Master

ok ill admit...undertaker isn't bad.
  13. Phrygen

except the longer barrel completely blocks vision of the target with the recoil it has between shots. makes it aweful to use.
    • Up x 1
  14. ChaosRender

For me I am getting the Commissar I want a Hard hitter that 3 shots everyone so I can use it for surprise kills an finishing people off. The Underboss is not much better then the default pistol only you get no silencer.
  15. WalrusJones

The commissioner is perfectly optimized for killing infiltrators.....

Keep this in mind.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pikachu

How about the middle man?
    • Up x 1
  17. Darlith

Underboss is a leadership position in the Mafia, the second in command. I believe this is in a joking manner to the .357 snub nose being a fairly traditional crime pistol.

Similiarly the larger one is named Commissioner after the authority position in law enforcement since the larger magnum is forever associated with cops like Dirty Harry.

Oddly the snub nose is a common police pistol as well.
    • Up x 3
  18. WalrusJones

Makes me think back to rolling the arch-conservative president Underboss in LCS.
  19. Vertabrae

The Underboss reminds me of an Infils recon dart gun. IDK why, but it just doesn't look right. Now the Commissioner, that looks like a manly piece of iron.
    • Up x 1
  20. Master

bc it one shot head shots? if he has his back to you, you might as well knife him. and if you cant 1 shot him with the underboss a 2 shot headshot is easy to pull off at that range. Headshots at range? good luck pulling that off with great consistency.