[Suggestion] NS Double Barreled Shotgun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Iridar51, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Iridar51

[IMG]

[IMG]

Seeing as Nanite Systems gravitates towards low-tech weapons like revolvers and crossbows, it would make sense for them to introduce a break-action or pump action Double Barreled Shotgun (DBS).

In case of pump action, the purpose of the pump mechanism would be to extract fired shells and open barrels' breaches, so the user can load new shells.

[IMG]
    (this is actually UTS 15 but who cares)

But there's a certain satisfying feeling in breaking the barrels open with a loud click and watching the spent shells smoke away ;)
    [IMG]

Both barrels can be fired without any delay / with minimal delay between shots.
    Each shot fires 10 pellets, each doing up to 91 damage, with 2.0 or 2.5 pellet spread.

The total damage per shot is 910. This is to ensure that the weapon can take down a HA with resist shield, which gives him up to 1818 effective HP. Unfortunately, this is also means OHK on infiltrators, which I don't find fair. Wish there was a way around that.

High pellet count and low spread ensure consistency. As long as user manages to correctly place the crosshair on target, the DBS will have the longest effective range among shotguns.

Superior accuracy seems fair considering the weapon needs both shots to kill someone. The reload will have to be fast, somewhere in the ballpark of 1.5 seconds short / 2 seconds long.

Alternatively, this could be a three or four barreled weapon, in which case the damage can be safely bumped down to 10 pellets with up to 84 damage. Longer reload, naturally.

[IMG][IMG]

The weapon is meant to be a sidegrade to pump action shotguns. It pays in damage per magazine to gain the ability to dish out damage quickly and with superior accuracy and consistency. It requires good aiming skills, and if the user messes up, it's gonna leave him reloading with pants down.

Players probably don't want another shotgun. Myself I'd like to have it just for the novelty of the break action reload. I'm a reload junkie :oops:
    • Up x 12
  2. Hegeteus

NC Scientist had a similar idea over the reddit, here are his blueprints....

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  3. QQlazors

Plz gimme now,

I NEED THIS

It would be even better if the reload had some flicks in it, for flourish.

When I was younger, I had a Nerf gun like this. I loved it.
  4. Ballto21

TLDR

while i hate dirty, dirty shotgun users i really want this now
    • Up x 4
  5. Taemien

A shotgun with two shots and a long reload? I think there is a reason why we never used such things in military stuff, not really sustainable. Great for hunting though.

I wouldn't buy it, but I'm sure burst weapon users and battle rifle enthusiasts would give it a try.
  6. MarkAntony

Take my money!
  7. Goldmonk

Like huntin' me some spandex lovers and lego men. YeeHaw! Gimme!
  8. Enguzrad

Can't argue with that. I would recommend to use more then 2 barrels, because future.
  9. Goldmonk

"Lemington", "Leming", "Lemmings"
    [IMG]
    I get it now. The NC are like lemmings, so they named a gun after themselves. Genius!
    • Up x 2
  10. MorganM

I really don't get the attraction to this... is it just cuz it would go BOOM twice as loud as the current shotguns?

Let me get this straight... you want it to do more damage than a pump action just because it has fewer rounds between reloads? Ugh...

The game needs no more new OHK weapons.
    We need no more shotguns period, to be frank.
    • Up x 3
  11. Demigan

Can the NC then get a sawn-off version as a side-arm option? :D
  12. Ballto21

nerf commissioner
    • Up x 1
  13. _itg

It's a little unorthodox, but you could put 9 pellets in the first barrel and 11 in the second. That certainly doesn't make thematic sense, but it would have the desired effect. I mean, you *could* burn the first shot and run around trying to OHK infiltrators with the second shot only, but you may as well use a pump-action at that point.
    • Up x 1
  14. grazr

NC sawn-off sidearm sounds intriguing. NC has loads of shotguns, but all of them are inherintly situational and besides the Jackhammer, nothing to write home about compared to other faction shotties. I mean TR get an automatic pistol, a sawnoff for NC kinda makes some sense.
  15. Breadsticks

You guys already get a sawnoff shotty for your secondary.
  16. FateJH

He means that they want a GOOD sawed-off shotty secondary.
    • Up x 1
  17. Breadsticks

That's true. The Magscatter should be called the ****scatter, it's ROF is too slow, it's spread sucks, it's clip is too small, and it looks stupid. But that's a NC trait, right? ;)
  18. sustainedfire

I wondered why they did not include this in the shotgun line up already.

Call it the NS Commissioner Blackhand Shotgun.

Two rounds, that have a oval spread. Fire like a max, each button is assigned to a barrel. Firing both gives you wide coverage of bullet spread, but mandates immediate reload.

Why not? Its easy cash money.
  19. Regpuppy

Well, I wouldn't say that. At the very least, they look better than the majority of VS purple marital aids.
  20. Breadsticks

The name itself already gives away the fact that it's useless except for to give the devs money. At least they should make some faction specific shotguns first besides giving NC more shotguns