NS Baron Shotgun: Everyone gets a Jackhammer!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DashRendar, May 7, 2014.

1. AdrianM

I WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO THIS ACT OF INFILTRATION BY THE NC, SHOTGUNS ARE REBEL ALLIANCES AND THEY SHOULD BE DESTROY!
  2. Stormsinger

Hmm, perhaps... I heard that model still has the same issues as their heavy-weapon version.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  3. DashRendar

Taken from your "don't ban cheaters" thread:

I swear this already happens to me. I think SOE thinks I'm a cheater.
    • Up x 2
  4. minhalexus

I have thought my ideas through.

For idea 1:-

For idea one, they can increase RoF, but just do something that makes it a 3 shot kill. This would not make the gun useless, considering that it will still be able to drop down an enemy faster at ranges, than regular shotguns.

Idea one, makes the Baron better than shotguns at range, but worse up close.
    And it makes the Baron better than Carbines upclose, and worse than them at range.

For Idea 2:-

You keep forgetting that this shotgun has better MV and drop off range.
    So it will no how be the Mauler/barrage/thanatos.
    Plus it will be the best shotgun with slugs. (400 MV)

In short it will be worse up close, but better at range.

At the moment, the Baron overlaps the use of Jackhammer.
    It is basically the same thing, but is available to all classes which makes it OP.

Baron needs to be a gun that is a worse shotgun upclose, but better at range.

Its ranged potential is what will not make it useless. Especially with slugs.

Keep in mind, that only of the two ideas need to be implemented not both.

As i said, it should still be able to drop enemies faster at ranges of 12m+, but slower than that anywhere below that point. And you can always choose slugs to go with the 400MV.
  5. Kanil

If you're picking a shotgun for it's ability to kill people beyond 12m+, you probably shouldn't be picking a shotgun.

As for your other nerf, you'd be making the lowest DPM/slowest reloading shotgun have an even lower DPM, and an even slower reload speed. It'd turn the gun from a sidegrade to a waste of certs.
  6. TacticalButterknife

IMO do nothing to it other than to just make it a heavy pump action. There's literally a pump on it, and its semi auto, seriously SOE.

The increased accuracy makes you want to stay at further than normal ranges, and the heavier, slower pump may very well get you killed in point blank, OH CRAP situations.
  7. CrazyDave

Am I the only one here who would use this thing with slugs, extended mag and DMO scope as an Engineer DMR? That huge buff in MpS on the rounds really helps dropoff, still a 3 shot kill (2 to the head) with a semi-respectable hipfire cone.
  8. Darkwulf

I told you guys already to boycott the NS weapons. I don't buy sh*t because after you buy it they nerf it a few months later so youll buy the new weapon they bring out. Its a money grab. Just use what you got now.
    • Up x 1
  9. Rhumald

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the NS weapons, no way in hell am I going to boycott them. They're built to fill niches in playstyle all three factions can make use of, some more than others.

Most of the NC players I've spoken with are not upset about this shotty, it's not quite as powerfull as the jackhammer anyways. Though it certainly is close, it does have a slower fire rate, longer reload time, and is still outclassed by the automatic shotguns in terms of room clearing ability; it's simply a solution to very limited range of those other shotguns, very common in the alley ways most shotgun user's find themselves in as they travel between these buildings, so you trade off a small amount of room clearing potential for a chance to hold your own when you emerge to that guy that's just outside of normal shotgun range.

Serious NC players do not want shotguns as our faction trait, it has the most drawbacks when compared to the other two factions's anti bullet drop, and higher magazine/refire rates, both of which they can deliver at a range; we fantasize over rail guns.

Every time the VS get a new charge up weapon they complain, and I laugh, we all laugh, because that's right up NC's alley, and I'd gladly take them over the next shotgun, given that they threw in some bullet drop and limited the range a little, so we couldn't use them to snipe vehicles from far beyond render distance. We like our skill weapons.
  10. Bankrotas

too late, you already rite like stew...
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

after using it for quite a while, i found the Baron to be rather lackluster in specific situations:
    - a total of 8 rounds with extended mags is still not enough in most combat situations where you engage more than one target
    - you can't really go head-on with ES shotguns since they have a higher rate of fire compared to the Baron
    - the Baron has a midrange sweetspot: closer targets with CQC weapons will defeat you and targets a bit farther away will survive your shots. this makes the Baron rather inflexible at any other ranges
    • Up x 1
  12. CrazyDave

Again, that huge meters/second difference between any other shotgun with slugs makes this thing godlike. With eight rounds and a decent firerate, this thing can still spray down people quite fast. I would like to test this gun against a HA with full-ranked Heavy Shield to see how many slugs it takes. This thing was practically BUILT to be used with slugs, it feels. Besides, even if you use pellets, the narrower cone than most SG's with the faster rounds makes running targets a breeze (read: red cloud of mist).
    • Up x 1