NS Baron Shotgun: Everyone gets a Jackhammer!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DashRendar, May 7, 2014.

1. DashRendar

You get a Jackhammer! And you get a Jackhammer! LA gets a Jackhammer! Medic gets a Jackhammer! TR gets a Jackhammer! VS gets a Jackhammer! Everyone gets a Jackhammer!

This is crap SOE, why would you do this? The Jackhammer is in a great place because its situationally better than other shotguns but for the most part balanced because although its starting accuracy is godly, its spam accuracy is very bad. The new NS Shotgun seems like a moneygrab. It can 2 shot out to like 15-20m I think that I tested. That was hipfired mind you. That's the Jack's role, but I don't even think the Jack is THAT good, and I have the Jack Auraxiumed. LAs are going to be carrying this thing remember. Bad idea.

The damage nerf isn't quite enough to niche it, it's just straight better than all other shotguns in the game, including the Jack, which is supposed to be the best shotgun in the game, and it's NC HA only for godssakes, can it maintain some glory? If you are headset on giving the Baron such low dropoff and such a tight cone (and stepping on the Jack's trait in the process) then at least drop the pellet damage of the Baron down another tier to 91 and see what that feels like there. As it is now it's just another "every day carry" moneygrab that everyone will buy until we all see it nerfed in a month or two.

You are on a great roll with weapon releases, don't mess it up now. If this weapon releases as is, then I want an NS Chaingun, and an NS Bubblegun (Lasher) that I can use on my LA.
    • Up x 12
  2. Epic High Five

I've been telling you guys for months that the NS shotgun would be a cross-faction all-class Jackhammer clone but nobody said anything then. Enjoy getting ****** at least I was ready for it

Also we did say we wanted slugs on the Jackhammer, I guess we did end up getting them after a fashion
    • Up x 6
  3. Nakar

It's weird that they wouldn't even mention this thing coming up. When did anyone even ask for an NS shotgun? At least with the Vandal it was part of a planned Infiltrator update.

All the shotguns are basically the same anyway. The Thanatos/Mauler/Barrage might as well be NS weapons for all the difference there is between them.
    • Up x 9
  4. NinjaTurtle

As much as I would love a Jackhammer for VS, does this not remove the entire point of the NC have the Jackhammer as their ES heavy weapon?

Come on SOE do you have no imagination. This is the future, we have floating tanks, reanimating corpses, teleporters and all you can think of is a clone of an already existing weapon.

I think the ideas man Hamster needs changing or at least waking up

What next a Lasher or maybe a Minichain gun for everyone
    • Up x 10
  5. Epic High Five

The singular thing that NC have when it comes to shotguns not ******* us over 100% of the time is the damage on our heavy shotguns (Mattocks, Jackhammer) being not garbage >10m. Now every non-infil class will have it on every faction, meaning that the NC are going to be getting all the downsides of being saddled with shotguns everywhere and none of the upsides, as the upsides are now common pool.

I mean, if the next NS secondary that comes out is exactly the same in every way to the PPA except it shoots Falcon rockets instead of orbs, that'd be pretty BS right?
    • Up x 6
  6. Teoke

The NS Shotgun has 7 rounds in the magazine by default, The Jackhammer has 9.
    The NS Shotgun reloads the shotgunshells individually while the Jackhammer is magazine-fed.
    The NS shotgun doesnt have Burstfire, where as the Jackhammer does.

To me it looks like the Jackhammer is still the superior shotgun
    • Up x 11
  7. Jogido

it's still on the test, I'm sure they are open to feedback. I wouldn't worry too much yet
  8. Maljas23

Sounds like Annihilator - Striker syndrome to me.
    • Up x 14
  9. Dead soldier

Just switch out the jackhammer and give the NC HA a warden that does 334 damage in 10 meters, 250 minimum past 65 meters with a really slow RoF.
  10. Stormsinger

A Minigun that fires lasher rounds, of course.
    • Up x 4
  11. DashRendar

A Minigun that fires Shotguns that fires Lasher rounds.
    • Up x 6
  12. Stormsinger

A Minigun that fires Lasher rounds that spawn full-auto jackhammers on impact!
    • Up x 5
  13. OddChelsea

Holy God, just tested this and these can't be the final stats. I doubt the gun is anywhere close to finished stats wise. It's more effective than any other shotgun hands down in it's current state and more effective than the Jackhammer on single fire, has an extra pellet on top of it with a similar RoF and range and can equip slugs. It doesn't even have it's own model yet and let's not forget what happened with the Bandit/Cougar, it could be changed drastically. If it is released with anything near it's current state though it's pump action LA 2.0 time, the tears will flow like a mighty flood through forumside.
    • Up x 1
  14. DashRendar

Sounds balanced, give it to TR.
    • Up x 5
  15. Sixstring

Doesn't anybody notice what's happening here? The NC always gets the shaft and they can't have anything that is actually good or fits their powerful faction traits unless it's NS(decimator). Anything the faction has that actually works gets nerfed (Vanguard Shield) because the one time somebody on the other factions can't dominate a Vanguard or Reaver in an even fight they come here and rage because of course that shouldn't be possible. I never hear anyone asking for a Reaver nerf here or for a vehicle like the Reaver I wonder why? And another thing for all the mess that PC players talk about console players I never see them whine half as much about their games as PC players do,they just play the game and don't think about begging the developers to change the game according to what THEY want.
  16. Tentakewls

I Lol'd.

On a serious note, does anyone have the stats?
    • Up x 2
  17. Nakar

I tried it on PTS, it's no Jackhammer. It reloads like a pump-action, albeit slightly faster per shell. That does give it the advantage of being able to stop reloading and start firing after each shell reload, but the full reload for 8 shells is quite long.

It ain't that great. The new assault rifles though... go check them out.
    • Up x 1
  18. Kanil

This weapon isn't a Jackhammer. It doesn't have the three round burst, which is the only reason you use the Jackhammer. It's just your typical semi-automatic shotgun.

It's primary draw is a tight pellet spread, comparable to the Jackhammer.
    It's got 400 bullet velocity, compared to 300 for other shotguns.
    Standard 6 round magazine, but it only gets the PA's +2 ex-mags, leaving it at 8, the lowest of any semi-auto shotgun.
    7 pellets compared to the usual 6, but those pellets do 100 damage rather than 130, meaning total damage is down.
    Reloads like a PA (one shell at a time, interruptible) so it's faster to top off, but slower to fully reload.

It's a shotgun, just like every other. It has it's nuances, but it's not significantly more or less powerful than any of the other options. It's pretty versatile, but so is the existing tighter spread semi, and everyone has one of those.
    • Up x 3
  19. Xhaleon

SOE should be getting good data with this shotgun. They'll see what adding just some range to the humble shotgun can do for its performance, and how far back the other shotguns will lag in terms of score because of their lack of range.
  20. Takoita

...why shotgun? Are there not enough of them yet? And the continuous parade of NS is getting old - and with giving away HA ES special no less!

This is BS.
    • Up x 3