Not only does K/D need to stay we need Mwoar stats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cortosis, Feb 6, 2013.

1. {joer

Everyone gets a trophy :p
  2. JPUK

Not really, because as I said the lack of K/D in your profile could be cause for derision. But frankly, and more importantly, those who don't want stuff like K/D in their profile are not all **** at the game; they are often just trying to highlight other stats that they prefer.

I would love to only show my Auraxium medals, revives, and headshots, for example.

There is just no need for this debate. Let people control their profiles.
  3. INFP

If your enjoyment of a complicated team based game revolves around one stat to the point where you'll flame on the forum someone who doesn't agree with you. Then perhaps you shouldn't play a team based game. But then I guess you couldn't hide behind that team whilst you pick away at the enemy stragglers desperately trying to get your K/D higher.

Besides. No one is suggesting kills / deaths be taken out the game. Sure you can work out your K/D from that. Or would that cause unexplicable rage as well?
  4. Zaik

Stats on vehicle weapon kills are already available. In fact, every weapon in the game has it's kill count available. Under stats, there should be a weapon tab. Every single one you have access to will be laid out.

As for the rest, some of it is already available at http://www.planetside-universe.com under the PS2 Stats tab you can search your character. They're beta testing some something called the Planetside 2 API that is probably some big long abbreviation that stands for extremely detailed stats about characters, outfits, etc. I'd imagine when that is eventually released we'll see a lot more of what you're looking for.
  5. Hobnail

/plays on Briggs, would like stats and leaderboards as already exists on every single other server.
  6. Fortress

Stats do nothing but hurt gameplay.

The fun needs to come from the game itself, not from the spreadsheets it creates.

Remove stats.
  7. Jac70

I want to see stats for all my vehicle weapons. And specific to the vehicle they are on, after all we cert for each vehicle specific weapon. So if I have the Walker on my Mag, I want the stats and more importantly medals - more medals equals more certs :D
  8. Sinist

Agree.

I don't see anything wrong with K/D either. If anything it strives for people to play better. I have never said "I am not going to secure that objective because I might die and my K/D might suffer". The only way it affects me is it makes me want to think of new ways to be effective and more survivable in fights.

I consider base captures and base defenses a much more important statistic.

The XP stuff is not a measure of skill. Its just a measure of how many hours you played. The XP/min stuff is just a measure of how many bases you ghost capped and turrets you blew up in the process.
  9. Cortosis

Battlefield bad company had a much better stat tracker and thats quiet old now.
  10. Tasogie

Trouble with KD is people play as if it means anything whatsoever. the cod players don't attack because they are worried their KD will suffer, so they all go sniper an stand on a hilltop spamming shots at nothing... the pilots refuse to ever risk themselves so only go into certain areas... people seem to believe KD is relevant in gaming, when you cant teach them it is not. It has no Bering on gaming whatsoever. An you want to expand it... that will just makes worse.
  11. Cortosis

people keep saying it will get worse i don't get what will get worse tho? if these pilots are hiding in quiet areas or snipers on far hills hiding then why is that a problems this is all part of the game why is one tactic more valid than another???

This is a game play it how you want to. who are you to tell anyone else how they can play this game with in the rules?
  12. Cortosis

says the guy with stats in his sig -.- i dont see how they can hurt a game if the players are playing the game.
  13. GhostAvatar

Now if the OP could learn to spell more, then I might actually take this thread seriously - instead of a joke.