Not a single outfit that really "stands out" on Cobalt

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Kociboss, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Kociboss

I'm not talking about outfits with 4-5 farmers or zergfits, we all recognize them, yes.

I meant more like an outfit that everyone considers to be really impactful due to their organization and tactics. A little bit like former Enclave, BWC, Future Crew, NUC, WASP etc. from other servers.

Is Cobalt an abandoned and forsaken place when it comes to respected and recognizable outfits?
    Do you agree? Disagree?

Discuss.

*DISCLAIMER*

I mean no offense to any Cobalt outfit.
    • Up x 3
  2. amm0-rat

I think there are a few outfits that actually can sway a battle, unfortunately they are TR and NC outfits.
    To me it looks as though some outfits are not really bothered about trying to improve the abilities and skills of their members, those that do, are doing the right thing.
    I am in a VS zergfit (the biggest one) and yesterday i attempted to get the attention of our outfit players by asking them to start playing the classes that are needed during battles, and, not the classes they want to play.
    I am dissapointed to say someone else from within the outfit said "You are joking right?" and then he asked "If i should be playing something else", that says everything that is wrong about having a large outfit and not caring if the players in it are capable of teamplay.
    I don't care about my stats, i will play what is needed at the time, no matter how bad i am at it, my heart literally sinks everytime we get pounded by aircraft and very few people will bother to get a max suit and bursters, or, a vehicle with AA and try and counter it.

we have some great leaders, one of our leaders was heading an alert platoon last night, the cohesiveness of the four alert squads was brilliant.
    the outfit experience could be incredible they have enough players in the outfit to field an air platoon, an armour platoon, and an infantry platoon, on most days at the same time, i am constantly left wondering why they don't organise for it to happen.
    I think there are a few members that feel like this, and i have seen some of our members looking for other outfits that offer better teamplay. These are the people the outfit should be working to keep as they are really into the team aspect of ps2.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ribero

I don't think there's any NC who'll fail to recognise the impact caused by [CHI] on a battle. They may not hold as much of a presence as they used to, but I still hold the opinion.

There are a few smaller Outfits who hold their own well though, they just don't get the publicity of NUC and WASP etc. It may also be true that they're not quite on the same level, but that's not so say their impact isn't recognisable. For this I nominate;

The French folk over in [4NUT] though I can never catch the actual outfit name. Bump into these guys quite a bit in the snows of Esamir. Squad Comp always seems good. Always enough medics to keep everyone on the deck if you don't wipe them. More Beacons always cropping up after you take one of theirs down, and always prompt to take out Blue Sunderers and NC Beacons. I just get the impression these guys communicate well and play smart, it's always a lot tougher (and fun) attacking/defending against these guys.

The German folk over in [IGSI] Gothic Society. Basically the same case as the above. An outfit who's members feel like they're working in sync with each other, and projecting the results into their play.

The various peoples in [1TNC] THENEWCONGLOMERATE. Not played against them as a group much, I usually just bump into one or two at a time. It's when they're supporting a larger force though, that you can feel the difference they make. When a certain Outfit Gal Drops a Platoon onto a base, it's 10x harder to knock them off when a Squad of [1TNC] are with them.

Like I say, probably not the same Caliber as the outfits you listed OP, but I do feel these people have impact on the Cobalt battlefields.

On the NC side, I don't really know. It's nice having the PL13 folk at your back. *Shrugs*

Overall, an interesting question.

Special mention goes out to [WKOV], of course, [AH0Y]'s Esamir Nemeses :p
    • Up x 2
  4. AmazingBob

No.
    • Up x 2
  5. Bindlestiff

It is a fair enough question. However, JEST are a serious force to be reckoned with and are my favourite of the Cobalt outfits. I'd also say CHI are right up there.

That isn't to say others are not worthy of a mention, it is just these two stand out head and shoulders above all others in my opinion.

I'd say no.
  6. FrankMite

Agreed, most outfits on cobalt are bad. Apart from Chimera.
  7. RIctavius

OHHHHH its on now! *cracks knuckles*
    • Up x 1
  8. S0LAR15

Everyone you listed is kind of like the FOOL of their server, except where FOOL actually recruited all 90% of all the other BR100s.

This is easy to do in the US servers because the entire community is English speaking. There's no national language barriers keeping otherwise straight forward mergers from happening.

I looked at this recently with CHI's selection for the all star match (supposedly happening after this patch), and saw that if it chopped us to the same size as NUC, we'd actually overtake INI Elite in the total EXP rankings that seem to be the most established way of selecting who is good, and who is not. Of course I won't do that, it's ******** to do something like that just to get qualified as a MLG-fit. We have maybe 30 or so players in 1TNC with a background in previous competitive FPSs (CS, CoD to BF), and we swing from wanting to jump at all this MLG **** going on, and just staying casual-but-tactical. Lately we've decided to go for Comm Clash season 2 if it works out well the first time.

However having fought NUC and seen ZAPS in action, from my Waterson alt, which is like playing without the training weight of ping to the EU; these guys are just a collection of experienced vehicle ****** and stat padders, with some solid-but-not-insane infantry players sprinkled in.NUC has good pilots but generally resembles a RiMG air zerg. As funny as it is, I don't think any of them are better or worse than what we have on cobalt. JEST will probably make it to the semi's vs INI Elite in the Comm Clash, and I hope then we can see what's what. DA has the only players I can readily identify from streams and videos as excellent infantry players, aim-skill, positioning, and tactics; all look individually sound and coordinated reasonably well.
    • Up x 1
  9. Ozade

As a VS player on cobalt I wont bother preaching who I think is good or not on our side and some people have already named the usual suspects for TR and NC.

However I've run into COBE the 'cobalt berzerkers' on the NC side I think they are called several times and in all fairness to them they seem to be fairly competent the few times I've seen them out in force in close quarters, given us a real run for our money on the point in 12-24 battles. That being said I don't see them often.The blue man group BMGP have been popping up more recently but I don'tthink I've seen a coordinated effort made by them more than once or twice tbh.

The TR have the obligatory CHI mention but I begin to wonder if they've gone inactive some days, used to be a time when the last 30 mins of alerts almost guaranteed a CHI drop on a pivotal territory. I still see CHI about but I see more DGMA gal drops on important points than CHI these days. I've seen DGMA pull some nice squad cohesion in the past few months and it can be a real ***** to get their MAX crashes of a point again.

The problem atm is cobalt's zergfits (not gonna name anyone but most can guess who I'm referring to) are more than happy to roll 48+ everywhere instead of dropping squads on separate objectives and perhaps introducing your average public player to something other than sitting behind the buffer of a massive population advantage waiting for caps.

I love ops when we run into the groups I mentioned above cos it is always a bitter fight over tooth and claw for a point and the last second saves/losses keep the game interesting. I think claiming cobalt is a lost cause is silly, there is plenty of potential on the server, just not always the correct motivation to play properly with pop inbalances and steamrolling zergfits dominating the lattice lanes right now.

That being said I really hope JEST stick it to the yanks in the tournament and show cobalt has potential.
    • Up x 1
  10. Rachitynowy

i think KAIN is worth mentioning. They are playing quite well with their armor assault. BMGP are quite good when it comes to infantry battles.
    There was time when RiMG guys were paralizing fast in their reaction but didn't see it now very often(maybe luck or not)

Damn even TRID has one commander(forgot his name) who turn this zerg into something more dependable.

But yes, Cobalt is not so dominated by one outfit as other servers. And i think it is good. The overall level is quite higher in my opinion than some servers with one dominant faction
  11. FinWiz

Quite often when I play in Trident platoon,usually alert, we have multiple squad waypoints, are told to get heavies, go in gal's and stuff but when this happens I also often notice that we don't have a full platoon. This in return usually leads into a fight where we are 24-48vs48+. Though, some times leads are just...tired, I would say.
  12. NonameFTW

The jesters Teamspeak always "screams" their name if [CHI] turns up. The can be annoying as ****! I mean we (the jesters) often have enough people to compensate their skill. But when not. Then may good help us!

And when Trident sits in a Biolab we often enough just say "**** it I'm done" (not literally but they are often a ******* brick wall you running against.).
    Also did you see some of the stuff they are pulling ? I mean afaik they are zerg outfit but some stunts their are making are ****** ridiculous! I've seen zergs of them with 30 zoe maxes or 40 magriders just steamrolling you. You don't even know where to shot anymore because your whole screen is purple.
    If they come in force you need atleast two full platoons to counter them. They might not have skill. But they have enough skill to show up on the right time at the right place and just ******* steamrolling you.
    • Up x 1
  13. Paulus

Cobalt is in a weird place right now. A lot of the more seasoned players have left for other games, and its sort of just drifting now. 6 months ago my outfit was able to field a full platoon at weekend and we got to be reasonably well known, now we only manage 1 squad at most and were actually thought to be dead at a recent server count.

The game is generally in a bit of a lull. I don't know if this is how its always going to be, with uncoordinated people randomly following each other from place to place (as seems to be the way with TR for the most part) or if people will suddenly want to be part of something more and start applying to outfits.

I have a bad feeling the general presentation of the game you tend to see on YouTube is what's driving the new joiners. So everyone logs on to "get a kill streak" or "farm some noobs" rather than engage in an objective based fight. With that mindset, I guess its no wonder the outfits are getting smaller, its not seen as the glamorous or cool thing to do.
    • Up x 1
  14. Bindlestiff

I think Cobalt is suffering right now too, and the only reason I say that is because we (WKOV) set up some NC alts on Mattherson a few weeks ago and have been, off and on, dipping in to play those. Every single time we've been on that server we've had huge, epic battles pretty much everywhere we've been. Proper armour stand offs, proper infantry warfare. Perhaps we were just lucky, I don't know, but we just don't see that scale of fighting on Cobalt unless there is an alert or you are willing to play almost constantly on Indar.
  15. Paulus

I wouldn't be surprised if Cobalt is merged (for the second time) with another EU server. If anyone is joining, they seem to be going almost exclusively for NC (40% and rising).
    • Up x 2
  16. RIctavius

Do not wish this upon us, Paulus.
  17. Paulus

Believe me, it's not what I want. I like cobalt, I like that I know the faces around me regardless of uniform. This is why it bothers me that the server seems to be limping, and that the population lurches wildly between patches. It deserves to be as thriving and popular as Connery or Miller.
  18. SoliderRusH

Cobalt is lately quite full compared to what we had at the end of last year. Sure we are not as full as Connery or Miller but there will always be Server which is bigger. Connery is the lucky one server which is the only one on hist coast. Miller had good promotion though thier teams and action. Cobalt (es. TR) has a lack of active outfits most of the players are zerglings so nobody is really holding them on the server and maby even in the game.
  19. Bvenged

I'm intrigued by your opinion of WASP... if you have one.
  20. RIctavius

Wrong server